• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Curtis Davies

stuart

Established Member
he wont be an arsenal player,they were looking 10million - 1) not worth it
2) wenger would never pay that for a young cb
3) they were looking 10million and then he signed a new contract which bumps the price up evenmore

if he has a good season he will become too expensive and we wont be able to afford him,the price for young english talent is getting stupid imo

YourFriendPaul

I hate to bump up such a stale thread, but- didn't see any other discussions going on- Today I keep reading little blurbs like this:

football365.com said:
".Arsenal will make a new £8million move for West Brom skipper Curtis Davies..."

...Really? Has anything changed since the last round of rumors? Discuss.

YourFriendPaul

GoonerGurjit said:
Do we need him unless Senderos or Djourou is leaving?

That's the question, isn't it? Or, could this actually be a shock move for greater depth / coverage?

...Nah, it's got to be one of the two off, eh?

go49oner

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Djourou has been linked to leave the club, I do hope not. I rate Djourou over Senderos to be honest.

They are both as bad as each other IMO. Even though I still have soft spot for big Phil after his CL performaces in 2006.

Davis will certainly be decent 3rd/4th choice CD, but not for 8mil. they must be having a larff.

Nutsy

Established Member
go49oner said:
Gunners_Nadz said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Djourou has been linked to leave the club, I do hope not. I rate Djourou over Senderos to be honest.

They are both as bad as each other IMO. Even though I still have soft spot for big Phil after his CL performaces in 2006.

Davis will certainly be decent 3rd/4th choice CD, but not for 8mil. they must be having a larff.

No Not really. Djourou is actually solid in his games. Than Big Phil IMO. Both of em are still young to begin with. If anything if they can improve. Surely we'll be worshipping them at their feet ;)

On a more serious note, Buying Davies for now at 8m is pretty pointless. Though we do need a back up when Toure's off to ANC and with Djourou's leaving on loan.

Be that as it may, If we were to purcahse him on a long term basis, if we have Djourou back, and Senderos, where the hell is he going to fit in? Unless Wenger shows Big Phil the door next season, which I'm inclined to believe not going to happen.

Glovegun

Established Member
I think keeping hold of Sol would have been the better option. He's old enough not to seriously impede either Senderos or Djourou and would have been a great 3rd choice behind Kolo and Gallas. Would have given us a more physical option away as well, but whats done is done!

M+D

Established Member
Link

West Bromwich are facing a battle to keep defender Curtis Davies.

Arsenal and Tottenham are leading the chase for the England Under 21 star, but are being scared off by West Bromwich's £10m valuation.

Davies' advisers have asked the club to lower it to £7m.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
senderos is a better defender regarding strength,heading and but davies is better at evrything else ...pace, shooting, response,with the ball and he can be the next ferdinand
he will get better at defending once he plays at a higher level and gets a chance in world cup and europe(CL) against top opposition

Bergy_1995

£10million is far too much for Curtis Davies. Sure, that's the typical english market value in effect, but we don't want to be paying over the odds for a defender that, quite frankly, wouldn't get into our starting line-up. We've Toure & Gallas, Djourou & Senderos behind...... and with Sagna coming in for versatility, Wenger won't be thinking of shelling for Davies..... well, hopefully not anyway.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Should we be a little worried about Spuds role in this? They already have Bale, are they getting better at the back?

Ok, apart from the usual hate twards them I mean.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
i think traore s better than bale, bale is just good at free kicks and i hate when he tries step overs...slower than freddy at it...traore is a talented left back , period. he will only get better, he has the size of abidal and the guile of clichy

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom