Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by krengon, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Told you so. This is why a loan deal is so ****e. We will talk more about the frustration of losing him next summer than what he gives us here and now.

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He look very good as expected people worry about lack of option to buy but you have to remember that the main reason real Madrid loan him to us we can still discuss deal with Madrid next summer if Ceballos preform well

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  3. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

4. neimad

neimad Well-Known Member

Man you seem to float between being negative or apprehensive. The guy is obviously very talented. Let's just enjoy it for a season. Who know's how it will go. Maybe he'll enjoy it so much here he'll push for a move? London has a lot to offer for a multimillionaire baller. C'est la vie!

5. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

Most people on here just have agendas. They act like there is not a possibility of Ceballos being a flop.

What if we bought him outright and he just never fit in? They never consider that.

Look at a talent like Forlan, he just never adapted in the Premier League or even Kagawa, who was just as technically gifted as Ceballos.

I like Ceballos and think he brings a level of technical brilliance our midfield has been missing since Santi, although he actually reminds me more Fabregas.

I think a loan is good for now to evaluate him. It could turn out like Kovacic for Chelsea.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Dj_sds -, truth_hurts and neimad like this.
  6. neimad

neimad Well-Known Member

There seems a bit of grit with this guy. I think you need it to succeed in the premier league. Forlan probably cried for a week when it pissed rain in Manchester.

Ceballos also (which works nicely for us) has a point to prove. What happens with us will make or break his career with Real. As you've mentioned who know's if we'd signed him what could have occurred.

I think we're in for a very exciting year with him. He seems quite a character and god knows we need them in our club. Sometimes you have to take a gamble and the position we are in to get someone like this and Pepe can surely only be a good thing.

albakos and Geofranco like this.
  7. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

It's still early days but seriously, we should start negotiating for his price with Real Madrid now.

8. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

I think the problem was perhaps more with the player. He was open to a season loan, and was happy enough with Arsenal for his development, but it seems he objected to a buyout included with the loan. I don't know how solid this source is, but this is where that was reported:
    https://as.com/futbol/2019/07/25/primera/1564046936_310800.html

If Real Madrid remain locked on Pogba I would think there would be a good chance to work something out at the end of the season if all goes well.

Mrs Bergkamp and L3T5 PL4Y like this.
  9. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Ceballos and Pepe alone takes us a few levels this season imo. Keep Xhaka and Özil out of the team for these two would do wonders for our entire overall structure of play.

10. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he is being groomed to take over from Modric and Kroos.

Real Nonce Madrid FC

Iceman10 likes this.
  11. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

Why do people care if this is not permanent? He looks awesome and if he gets us in the top 4 (hopefully title challenge) and helps win us some trophies - brilliant loan. We don't haven anyone as good as him in our central midfield - maybe Willock will get there.

12. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Surely he has to play over Xhaka if we want to qualify for CL.

It would be nice if we can buy him next season, but even without that it's a good business considered we had to spend resources on other positions.
    If it happens that he won't be here next season, it's still a great short term solution before we prepare ESR for this role.

North5 likes this.
  13. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Gotta displace someone I think. Clearly a level above most of our squad.

Makingtrax likes this.
  14. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Looks a decent player.

15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

You can never go wrong with a Spanish midfielder.

Artisan likes this.
  16. Pythagoras

Pythagoras New Member

Hi guys,

Been following Dani for a while now since his days at Spain and time on loan to Betis.

Think you’ve got a potential cult figure on your hands and I anticipate you’ll end up making the move permanent once you’ve seen the lad in action regularly.

Below is an in-depth tactical breakdown of your new Spaniard... enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

Beksl, Steps and truth_hurts like this.
  17. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Great video. There is a topic dedicated to Ceballos however.

18. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Don’t come on this forum tryna get views for your video smh.

El Duderino likes this.
  19. Pythagoras

Pythagoras New Member

Apologies pal - hopefully the video makes up for it x

20. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

3 man midfield!!!

Against more physical sides ANY of our midfielders will struggle if we only play a 2 man midfield with an ACM infront

3 man midfield will unleash Xhaka, better use of Ceballos and our Youngbloods wont be exposed as much. Only problem is who we play when Torreira isnt, maybe Chambers?

It sacrifices Özil but I have made My peace with that. Or he gets a free role om the wing