• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
You're probably right and I'm getting him mixed up with one of the other youngsters we've let go/left due to end of contract.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Edit. Lots of links to Southampton and Brighton on Twitter.

I could see him end up at a high flying Championship side. Boro just received a big chunk of change and if Villa sell Grelish they may come looking.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I could legit see Mourinho taking him back to United late on Thursday.

Doubt he has Martial swap potential :lol: but maybe an unwanted United CB or Shaw.

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
Welbinho will stay at the club. Why would he want to leave this year? He has no international squad to aim towards next summer. If he stays, Arsenal's limited budget will mean they're unlikely to be able to bring in an upgrade. Then Arsenal will just have to make use of him as best as they can for his final year, so he'll get similar game time to what he's always had.

Wele is a free agent next summer and he'll probably end up at the biggest club that offers him a decent opportunity. Could be Sp**s, Chelsea, Liverpool if he's lucky. Even Mourinho has said Welbz wouldn't have been allowed to leave United if he'd been manager at the time. At worst he'll be offered a deal at one of the bigger/better PL clubs outside the top 6 - Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle. Any club offering a decent fee to Arsenal this summer for the Welbatross will be unlikely to offer Welnenbauer terms this summer that can match the offers he's likely to get next summer.

It would be preferable not to see so many people salivating about Dat Guy leaving and dropping down so far in levels. The lad has played his whole career at Man Utd & Arsenal. Apart from the last couple of seasons, that meant he was involved in Champions League football. He'll stay for another year, then leave on a free, because he's an intelligent guy. Best to enjoy that last year because he's a good lad who gives his all and has had a tough time with injuries at Arsenal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It would be preferable not to see so many people salivating about Dat Guy leaving and dropping down so far in levels.
Certainly not salivating on my part. Just looking at the landscape. Everton have signed a few wide men and don't particularly need him, West Ham are getting Perez. Realistically only a few other teams can afford him within the league and they have until tomorrow to do a deal with virtually zero links to date.

Championship teams have a lot of cash and it's not inconceivable that it could happen if he doesn't sign for another PL team by the time the window shuts.

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
Certainly not salivating on my part. Just looking at the landscape. Everton have signed a few wide men and don't particularly need him, West Ham are getting Perez. Realistically only a few other teams can afford him within the league and they have until tomorrow to do a deal with virtually zero links to date.

Championship teams have a lot of cash and it's not inconceivable that it could happen if he doesn't sign for another PL team by the time the window shuts.

Fair enough. Unfortunately, in my view others have been more disrespectful of him with the 'send him to Sunderland' type stuff. I just don't see it the way you do. He's in a good position and there will be good offers next year. I don't see a guy who's spent the majority of his career in the Champions League moving to the Championship at his peak age. He'll wait until next year, another season on the bench at Arsenal won't devalue him significantly. This isn't a Carl Jenkinson type situation where the lad won't even make the bench, and so Arsenal will do whatever they can to get some of his wages off their books and streamline their squad. Only if Arsenal dropped their price very low and he had an excellent offer from a team in the top half of the PL or equivalent, the type of offer he'd be likely to get next summer as a free agent, would it make sense for him to move this summer in my opinion.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Worth keeping around. He is more reliable at this stage than Iwobi, Nketiah and Nelson, even if the aforementioned have more ability. He should only leave if we replace him.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I think the big disappointment with him now is that since we've probably missed our chance of selling him he is now going to go for free, assuming this really is the last year of his contract. If Walcott is anything to go by, he was one of the few salable assets we had. Really poor asset management.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I think the big disappointment with him now is that since we've probably missed our chance of selling him he is now going to go for free, assuming this really is the last year of his contract. If Walcott is anything to go by, he was one of the few salable assets we had. Really poor asset management.

Can see the reluctance to give him a new deal with the injuries he's had.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Welbeck is easily a 25m player based on experience/nationality alone.

Arsenal fans talk about him being crap, talk about him going down to the Championship... and then chastise the club when they don't get a good deal.

Absolutely mental.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't be getting rid of Welbeck at all. We could have easily gone out of the Europa League last season to CSKA were it not for Welbeck...would Nketiah have scored that goal? I doubt it. Come the 2nd half of the season you need depth options like this.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Welbeck is easily a 25m player based on experience/nationality alone.

Arsenal fans talk about him being crap, talk about him going down to the Championship... and then chastise the club when they don't get a good deal.

Absolutely mental.
He might have been a 25m player if he had more than a year left on his contract...

It’s the clubs fault for leaving it to the last year of his contract to sell him for peanuts

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Anyway surely we can't sell him as it'd leave us short on the homegrown quota, no? Pretty sure we're borderline as it is.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Tbf, at what point since he joined has he had a good re-sale value? Injuries put paid to that in the same way they did for Wilshere, clubs just not willing to take the risk, so their contract drags to the end. There is no way we can offer him a new contract, he's not good enough, so we have to try and sell now or he goes for free in a year. If there is any poor management its in buying him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom