David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I meant that we should have been getting better than Koscielny, Luiz isn't even better than a finished Koscielny. We were much better defensively at times last season than at any time this season. People saying they're satisfied with Luiz indicates they're happy with the downgrade when we should be aiming to upgrade. He's not been fine, none of the evidence suggests he's been fine. His good performance have been few and far between.

Not sure how he's done as well as Koscielny when Koscielny helped us in big victories over United, Chelsea, Napoli, Valencia and was excellent vs Sp**s at Wembley. Luiz has had one top big game vs United, that's it.

krengon likes this.
  2. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

We’ve obviously had a **** 2019 portion of this season. So if you’re trying to compare results of a player we had in 2018/2019 vs 2019/2020, the player from the better season will win.

I do think Luiz has done as well as Koscielny would have done. But I agree with you that we should upgrade this summer. Luiz was a good panic buy to salvage the position, but would have been awful if he was the planned target.

3. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Happy birthday David! Big fan, hope to have you here a season or two

Macho, say yes and Riou like this.