• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,348
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
no way would Upamecano lift us this season as Luiz can. Long term of course Dayot is a winner, but Luiz now was a great idea and it improves us instantly

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I've been saying for a couple of years now that one of the things Arsenal has been lacking is a leader. Somebody who can grab the team by the scruff of the neck, as John Terry used to do for Chelsea. Luiz may not be JT in that regard, but he isn't far off. I actually love this signing. One of the best with the ball, so he should be a great fit for what Emery wants to do. He's had his rash moments, for sure, but hasn't been so prone to that as he's gotten older.

I think the only reason Lampard wasn't planning to rely on him is because they seem to be determined to develop some younger players while they're under the transfer ban. So that may have been an extra bonus for Arsenal. Not a long-term solution, but by acquiring Luiz so cheaply Arsenal can go back in for Upamecano next year, if they wish. He'll be entering the last year of his contract and presumably available for less.

Hexagon9

I've been saying for a couple of years now that one of the things Arsenal has been lacking is a leader. Somebody who can grab the team by the scruff of the neck, as John Terry used to do for Chelsea. Luiz may not be JT in that regard, but he isn't far off. I actually love this signing. One of the best with the ball, so he should be a great fit for what Emery wants to do. He's had his rash moments, for sure, but hasn't been so prone to that as he's gotten older.

I think the only reason Lampard wasn't planning to rely on him is because they seem to be determined to develop some younger players while they're under the transfer ban. So that may have been an extra bonus for Arsenal. Not a long-term solution, but by acquiring Luiz so cheaply Arsenal can go back in for Upamecano next year, if they wish. He'll be entering the last year of his contract and presumably available for less.
Is it feasible for him to come straight in and be our captain?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Exciting interview, especially the big game part. He’ll be a good influence on the squad, especially our younger defensive players.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

With the added bonus that gives us another year's data on his performances and injury record.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Just creating my Fantasy PL Team and realized, that only Roberton, Trent, Van Dijk and Laporte (Premier League Team of the Season backline) had more total points than him.

Really would like to have Bellerin, Holding, Luiz, Tierney completely fit.

Iceman10

Established Member
Luiz is a great addition to bring some leadership to the backline, so overall I'm happy with this pragmatic signing. I have seen various analyses of how Luiz plays with two CB's alongside him vs. a back four. This will be an early test for Luiz in proving doubters wrong because all the signs from preseason, and with the signing of Pepe, were that the manager was planning for a back four to be used more often than not this season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Just creating my Fantasy PL Team and realized, that only Roberton, Trent, Van Dijk and Laporte (Premier League Team of the Season backline) had more total points than him.

Really would like to have Bellerin, Holding, Luiz, Tierney completely fit.
AM should do a fantasy PL tbh

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Wasn't a fan of this signing but since we've lost Koscielny I've warmed to it, I think he'll be a success here if he doesn't have too many Mustafi moments.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Luiz looks like he's aged a lifetime since the end of last season.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Trying to convince myself that this signing will mean we see less of xhaka upcoming season.

Ceballos and Willock out performing him would also help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom