• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ospina: On Loan to Napoli

Danskin

Established Member
Chelsea will never sell Cech to Arsenal. Mourinho refused to loan out Demba Ba because he thought we were serious title contenders after the signing of Özil. Now that we have a much better squad and considering the fact that Cech is still one of the best GK in the game, I don't think that's a real possibility.

Would love it, though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I want Wenger to start using Ospina in the FA Cup. I just think that if Szcz is off in the summer, which I think is very likely, then why use him in the FA Cup. With Fabianski it was very different, he was at the end of his contract and wanted to move on, whereas Szcz has basically been demoted. I feel more comfortable with Opsina as do the entire defence, I would hate us to lose out on Silver ware due to Wenger choosing loyalty over ability.

Iceman10

Established Member
@tap-in , if AW does not use Scz in the FA Cup then AW has made up Scz's mind for him. I doubt AW has made up his mind he wants to get rid of Scz though at this point.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea will never sell Cech to Arsenal. Mourinho refused to loan out Demba Ba because he thought we were serious title contenders after the signing of Özil. Now that we have a much better squad and considering the fact that Cech is still one of the best GK in the game, I don't think that's a real possibility.

Would love it, though.

The ball is in Cech's court really, if he fancies staying in London we're in the driving seat. Mourinho swears by the fact that every player has his price, if Cech somewhat forces a move we're in business.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
@tap-in , if AW does not use Scz in the FA Cup then AW has made up Scz's mind for him. I doubt AW has made up his mind he wants to get rid of Scz though at this point.

I'm not sure, I think AW may have decided on Szcz future. As you say, if Szcz doesnt play in the FA cup, then AW has decided for sure.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There's no reason why Wenger should chuck Woj in for the FA cup. Ive never seen the logic in it myself. This musical chairs nonsense for FA cup games--particularly at this stage--needs to stop. There's nothing at all to gain, and only to lose.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Wenger uses the FA cup as a way to keep the second keeper match fit and motivated. Nothing wrong with that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger uses the FA cup as a way to keep the second keeper match fit and motivated. Nothing wrong with that.
FFS, second goalkeepers aren't cars that need a run on the motorway from time to time. But if they are, then there's a time and place for it.

Why a one-off winner takes all game, though, where the stakes are high, with more chance of ****ing up?

Why don't we keep Ospina in goal and play Akpom instead of Giroud this time then--you know, to keep him fit and motivated? Do they not train if they're not in line for an FA cup call-up or something? And is 80k a week playing for Arsenal not enough to keep one on their toes? When you break it all down, it's actually a gargantuan load of steaming horseshit IMO. Nobody can ever make sense of it to me, mainly because it makes none at all.

US_Gooner

Established Member
There's no reason why Wenger should chuck Woj in for the FA cup. Ive never seen the logic in it myself. This musical chairs nonsense for FA cup games--particularly at this stage--needs to stop. There's nothing at all to gain, and only to lose.
It's how we move keepers out - play them in the FA cup and as soon as we win, off to the market they go.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Doesn't Cech play cup games as well ? same with Pantilimon at City when he was there .

a_fourteen

Established Member
FFS, second goalkeepers aren't cars that need a run on the motorway from time to time. But if they are, then there's a time and place for it.

Why a one-off winner takes all game, though, where the stakes are high, with more chance of ****ing up?

Why don't we keep Ospina in goal and play Akpom instead of Giroud this time then--you know, to keep him fit and motivated? Do they not train if they're not in line for an FA cup call-up or something? And is 80k a week playing for Arsenal not enough to keep one on their toes? When you break it all down, it's actually a gargantuan load of steaming horseshit IMO. Nobody can ever make sense of it to me, mainly because it makes none at all.
Right because the guy who has won the FA cup five times and is going for a record breaking sixth doesn't know what the **** he's doing. Keep believing that.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I get where Jury is coming from but I don't really mind us rotating when we've got two evenly matched keepers. It'd be different if we were rotating to give Almunia game time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Right because the guy who has won the FA cup five times and is going for a record breaking sixth doesn't know what the **** he's doing. Keep believing that.
Yes, because that's obviously what I said... He's not a ****ing wizard. He's a football manager. He makes mistakes, and he also gets lucky sometimes. Picking your No.2 keeper, a keeper you've obviously lost faith in, to play in a massive one off game is right and proper practice? Of course it isn't. Just because it's apparently a policy of Wengers, doesn't make it so. He's also had, and still has, some crap policies that don't make sense. This is but one. It's no biggie because either can do the job, but I wont be told it makes sense just because Wenger thinks so.

I don't see how someone can be all for Ospina taking Woj's place in the league, or indefinitely, because of Woj's apparent latent ability to make high profile **** ups, and still think this is the soundest of ideas for a huge semi final. How does one explain that stance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You have to rotate to keep players happy.
It's a complete fallacy. You think Woj is happy only playing FA cup games? You think he'd opt to stay with us in the current situation if someone came in for him, offering him first team football and more money? And what about the likes of Akpom, who never gets a game... Is he not worth 'keeping happy'?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's only 'silly' when you're stuck--hence the 'but it's common practice' cop-out excuse of a justification. Im not talking about any old cup tie either. Im talking massive semi-s and finals at Wembley.

Oh, FA cup final bench warmers, Lehman and Seamen, said hello btw.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Doesn't Cech play cup games as well ? same with Pantilimon at City when he was there .

Cech plays the English cups and Courtois the CL and League.

As for Pantilimon he only played when City were really confident of winning. Hart always played the later rounds of the FA Cup.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom