• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

Iceman10

Established Member
Latest is the Bild+ rumour of an actual £55m bid was untrue, we only enquired about his availability. This means the construct of meeting half way in between £55m and £70m is a false one. Hopefully we can take it to transfer deadline day with Leipzig apparently open to a sale, and keep the price closer to £50m.

Highgate

Upamecano is worth these figures. Absolute beast of a defender. Every time is see him a See a young Marcel desailly.

What a like about him is not just his defensive qualities, it's his leadership and the calmness he brings, this is the difference between him and his equally impressive partner Ibrahima konate.

Konate is as good of a defender, but upamecano has the captain vipe about him, he is sort the guy who can organise the defence, which is exactly what we need

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's in the last two years of his deal, so they need to cash in on him now or extend his contract, so this is good for us.

I doubt that they would want Mustafi as part of the deal. It would be great if they wanted to take Medley on loan for a season. This would be perfect for him, and I think he could seriously contribute to Leipzig.

Also, they just signed Ethan Empadu from Chelsea, so they already have brought in a replacement for Upamecano.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Another crazy thing about France's insane depth at every position is that a ton of the talent is just coming out of Paris. That city has more footballing talent than entire nations. It is insane.
it shows what untapped talent is waiting to be found in Africa - only when families move to a western European country do a lot of them get a chance to show what they can do

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know nothing about this guy but its clear we are going to get a CB by the time the window closes. It may not be this guy but I'm confident we will get one.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It's a strange one, personally I'd want us to sign an experienced, proven centre back as lord we need one when Koscielney leaves. Sp**s signed Sanchez when they already had Toby, Vertonghen and Die; Juventus have a multitude of experience around DeLigt and Madrid had Ramos and Pepe before integrating Varane.

I'm not sure that Sokratis alone can guide Chambers, Holding, Upamechano and Salibah.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The more I think about this deal, the more I hope Merts is involved.

German teams are all about getting young British players, so establishing a relationship between Arsenal and Leipzig could be great for both of us. Red Bull already uses RB Salzberg as a feeder club for Leipzig, but as the Leipzig gets better they will need a bigger network for talent.

Our youth academy has a lot of talent and we're having a problem keeping some our best players. I bet Leipzig would like for us to send some of our younger players there on loan.

We aren't far from their asking price so adding in a couple of players on loan for a season or two could do it. ESR for a season, and Medley for one or two years could be a good deal for them.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
It's a strange one, personally I'd want us to sign an experienced, proven centre back as lord we need one when Koscielney leaves. Sp**s signed Sanchez when they already had Toby, Vertonghen and Die; Juventus have a multitude of experience around DeLigt and Madrid had Ramos and Pepe before integrating Varane.

I'm not sure that Sokratis alone can guide Chambers, Holding, Upamechano and Salibah.
Not many out there that fit that criteria, plus Mustafi, sokratis are supposed experienced CB's and look at the state of them, this is the way to go we need defenders who can defend and be taught, experience is overrated.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not many out there that fit that criteria, plus Mustafi, sokratis are supposed experienced CB's and look at the state of them, this is the way to go we need defenders who can defend and be taught, experience is overrated.

I agree that experience is overrated in all positions bar GK and cb. reading of the game is essential and pace can only save you so much.

Axel9090

I think some of you may have been a bit unfair to the Kroenkes, or at least Josh - there does seem to be a new impetus to get us back to the top
Yeh, fair play but its about time, wouldnt you say so? Credit where its due though.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom