• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deadline Day Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still think this is a very good window fwiw.

It’s just the Timber injury that makes it look worse than it is.

We’re stacked in midfield with a great bench. Arteta has been getting the most out of guys like Eddie recently so think we’re in good shape.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You said Chambers was hilarious, when he wasn't sold earlier and had to be let go for free.

Which was because he got a 315 day injury, which stopped his very good progress and declined him so much that he had to be let go for free. He has played very little even for Villa, which is sad.
I said the fact that we rejected a £20m bid then let him go for free was hilarious. Had nothing to do with his injury 30 months after the fact, his stock had dropped because he was no longer a first team regular.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I said the fact that we rejected a £20m bid then let him go for free was hilarious. Had nothing to do with his injury 30 months after the fact, his stock had dropped because he was no longer a first team regular.
It has everything to do that, because the injury was so bad that he declined a lot. Same happened with Holding who was injured for 269 days.

Both of these players lost a lot from their movement because of horrific injuries, which affected the fees Arsenal could get for them, or how useful they were in the end.

This is something that has happened a lot to Arsenal, bad injuries to players. Which has affected the sums Arsenal has got for their players. Forgot Bellerin btw, who also lost his movement.

For example Pepe also had injuries last season on loan, so naturally clubs won't take a risk for high wage possibly injury-prone player who didn't perform well.

There is nothing hilarious about Arsenal players getting bad injuries and Arsenal getting bad transfer fees because of it. This should be obvious to any fan.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Add Lacazette (Roma) and AMN (Wolves) to that too.

I think Xhaka was the only time we turned down a fee and eventually got a higher one down the line. Guess why? Cause he was starting.
German reports are still saying it was the original fee around £13m.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal leaked wrong figures to Kaya the big rugby player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s players like Nelson, ESR and Nketiah who are at risk of losing value more than anybody else. On paper they’re probably all £30-50m players in the PL market.

Factor in wages and lack of playing time and you can see them going for £20m each next summer if nothing changes (Eddie has started lately to be fair).

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Stop taking everything literally.

We were never getting anything like £20m after 2017, nothing to do with injuries. Don’t quote me again.
I already said that until his injury in December 2019, he played 1100 minutes with 1+1, and he had a succesful loan at Fulham before that playing a lot. And I remember he was quite good at Arsenal until it happened.

You don't know how much Arsenal could have got or how useful he would have been without his horrific injury.

That's total nonsense that 315 day injury which clearly dimished his movement has nothing to do with the value of the player. Unbelievable that this has to be argued about. :lol:

You could just agree and say you didn't mean it like that, or take that into account, but no.

Would you say Bellerin getting that 240 day injury which clearly diminished his movement, didn't affect his value? Do you think it was hilarious Arsenal didn't get good money for him? :facepalm:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

German reports are still saying it was the original fee around £13m.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal leaked wrong figures to Kaya the big rugby player.

The club has been consistent with Xhaka's valuation from 2021, it's always been 21 mil in GBP:

If I remember correctly Roma was only willing to offer 15m in Euros. I highly doubt that's what Xhaka went for that this summer, maybe it rises to 21 mil.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Stop taking everything literally.

We were never getting anything like £20m after 2017, nothing to do with injuries. Don’t quote me again.

But if you're telling him to stop taking everything literally, does that mean you want him to quote you again?

Food for thought.

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

Ljonin

I honestly think the banter culture within our own fan base is a big problem. Holding has been mocked and made fun of for years on AFTV. Every football fan goes there for entertainment and banter, there’s nothing quite like it at other clubs.

It damages the reputation of our players. Think that’s part of why nobody pays up for Holding and Lokonga for example

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I honestly think the banter culture within our own fan base is a big problem. Holding has been mocked and made fun of for years on AFTV. Every football fan goes there for entertainment and banter, there’s nothing quite like it at other clubs.

It damages the reputation of our players. Think that’s part of why nobody pays up for Holding and Lokonga for example

I wouldn't put it all on aftv but I wouldn't be surprised if our online presence as a whole effects our sales.

Clubs are quite savvy to sentiment and stuff.

El Duderino

AFTV has nothing to do with the valuation other clubs have of Holding.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Not happy with our window tbh. Will secure us 2nd though, so can I complain?

We aren’t winning anything.

I think the domestic cups are possible depending on if we want them or not?

Prem no, CL unlikely but a deep run wouldn't surprise me. I think we finish with a CL place when it's all said and done anyways.

El Duderino

I think the domestic cups are possible depending on if we want them or not?

Prem no, CL unlikely but a deep run wouldn't surprise me. I think a CL place when it's all said and done anyways.

Our group is probably the easiest of the bunch, should really be topping it early and resting players for the last game.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Our group is probably the easiest of the bunch, should really be topping it early and resting players for the last game.

I was thinking last 16 onwards, on paper they all look winnable (not favourites just not impossible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom