• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dennis Praet

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Do you really think Praet is going to take us to the next level? Or even has the potential to do so given his age?

Praet himself may not take us to the next level, but if he forms a much better partnership with Lucas (he will be our starter whether you like it or not) then I am all for it, plus I'll back any signing we make, mostly.

If he fits whatever plans Emery has, and we bring in some decent players then we could go up a level. Our squad is so unbalanced there isn't one player who could make us improve loads and if Emery thinks this will help our midfield then f*ck it.

KJSB97

Praet himself may not take us to the next level, but if he forms a much better partnership with Lucas (he will be our starter whether you like it or not) then I am all for it, plus I'll back any signing we make, mostly.

If he fits whatever plans Emery has, and we bring in some decent players then we could go up a level. Our squad is so unbalanced there isn't one player who could make us improve loads and if Emery thinks this will help our midfield then f*ck it.

Agreed. Granted he is no Cesc and won't have the immediate impact of an Özil or Alexis, if he fits the system then why not. We already saw how well Ramsey did as the advanced CM this season with the pressing etc. and Praet looks like a carbon copy of Ramsey from the eye test, minus the goal threat.

For how highly rated he was, surely he has an extra gear that hasn't been tapped into due to his attacking responsibilities being nullified by Samp's disciplined system. Nevertheless, think it's only fair we give the guy a chance if he comes in.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like we are going for him then. A season with Torreira already means there is an understanding.

It could be a Praet-Nkunku-Torreira midfield. They can all run and tackle. What would take us up a level is if we brought in someone like Partey. I don't think we are shopping in that range though.

Aevi

Hale End FC
3 caps in the last 5/6 years? Guy is mid 20s. What’s the reason? Belgium aren’t super stacked or talented in that position.
Couldn't really tell you, I imagine playing for Sampadoria kept him out of the limelight while Dembele, Fellaini, and De Bruyne were in top Prem teams, Witsel was an established figure in the side already, and Tielemans/Dendoncker were a strong pairing at Anderlecht. Not bad options, but I see your concern here.

He was a strong talent at Anderlecht but not always consistent against smaller teams (though he was young tbf) and apparently he moved to Sampadoria to keep developing instead of jumping into the deep end. He's improved now and quietly doing well on a regular basis. I think he'd lowkey be a good signing, he's a reliable, hardworking player with good technique and defensive capabilities, just solid all around. Liverpool showed you can go far with that type.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Couldn't really tell you, I imagine playing for Sampadoria kept him out of the limelight while Dembele, Fellaini, and De Bruyne were in top Prem teams, Witsel was an established figure in the side already, and Tielemans/Dendoncker were a strong pairing at Anderlecht. Not bad options, but I see your concern here.

He was a strong talent at Anderlecht but not always consistent against smaller teams (though he was young tbf) and apparently he moved to Sampadoria to keep developing instead of jumping into the deep end. He's improved now and quietly doing well on a regular basis. I think he'd lowkey be a good signing, he's a reliable, hardworking player with good technique and defensive capabilities, just solid all around. Liverpool showed you can go far with that type.

Yeah only if you have a brilliant defence and front line to compliment it.

He could probably slot in for Milner and look a great player.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Do you really think Praet is going to take us to the next level? Or even has the potential to do so given his age?

Only Messi can do that alone. The question is whether or not he can play a role in a team that can raise itself to a higher level. Given his age? He turned 25 three weeks ago. He'll not be trying to move up and down the pitch on a walker.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can our attack really sustain such an industrious midfield? Both Auba and Lacazette are poor wingers, how does Ramsey without the goal threat take us forward?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Naingollan, De Bruyne, Dembele, Witsel, Fellaini all play either CM or attacking mid.
Naingollan has been out the set up for a while. Guys like De Bruyne and Witsel and have had massive injury absences etc.

Still should be getting more than 3 caps? But I take your point though.

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Can our attack really sustain such an industrious midfield? Both Auba and Lacazette are poor wingers, how does Ramsey without the goal threat take us forward?
Not at present, I think. With two wingers (perhaps Ziyech + Nelson) and as long as one of the midfielders is solid going forward (both passing & dribbling), it would be a drastic improvement.

Don't know if Praet can be that player, I don't know him very well. I'm thinking someone more like Tielemans/Ndombele, but possibly in combination with two 'industrious' types (Torreira+Praet/Partey/Rabiot/Barella).

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Naingollan has been our the set up for a while. Guys like De Bruyne and Witsel and have had massive injury absences etc.

Still should be getting more than 3 caps? But I take your point though.
Yeh tbf 3 caps is bad I'd expect 10 at least from him.

Apparently he was poor in his first season in Serie A (probably adapting to Sampdoria's tactical system), and then last season he was quite good but got an injury lay off.

He will be in the picture more now that players like Fellaini, Naingollan and Dembele are done. Tielemans will also get a lot of minutes I presume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom