• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dennis Praet

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
So what's wrong with replacing your playmaker with limited mobility with someone who is quicker, has lots of mobility, can push the ball up the pitch in transition, can harass opponents on the press and doesn't give up the ball easily?
Xhaka is two times the player this guy is. We could do much better for the same amount being talked about or something more than that. Heck, we could find a free agent way better than this joker.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People who watch Serie A think he’s good. Emery haters think he’s bad. Makes you wonder.

I'm all for Emery and I've consistently said he needs time.

Doesn't mean I agree with all the possible links.

Had Praet been 20-21 I may be more open to the idea as he has more potential to improve as a player however at 25 he's the best he will be.

He can't even get in a Belgium squad ahead of Chadli and Fellani.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I'm all for Emery and I've consistently said he needs time.

Doesn't mean I agree with all the possible links.

Had Praet been 20-21 I may be more open to the idea as he has more potential to improve as a player however at 25 he's the best he will be.

He can't even get in a Belgium squad ahead of Chadli and Fellani.
Lots of People improve after 25 tbf. Bigger gamble though

Zaza

Imagine thinking Elneny is good as this guy. Praet is good. His technique is much better than some give him credit for.
He's young and could get better under the right coach.

Preacher

Always Crying
Everybody who form their opinion about the player from youtube clips, should be instantly banned from AM.

People who form their opinion from what youtube scouts write in here, should be demoted to lobby.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Pires, Henry, Overmars and Begkamp to name a few.

Pires and Henry were world cup winners before joining. Overmars was playing well at Ajax and featuring in the Dutch national team which at that time was filled with talent.

Bergkamp was a starter against England at Euro 96.

So all of those players you mention above were already showing more promise and doing more than Praet.

They were also signed from relatively bigger clubs were things just hadn't worked out for them.

As I've stated this guy is being kept out of the national team squad by Chadli and Fellani? If he is so good what does that make those 2 players?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Imagine thinking Elneny is good as this guy. Praet is good. His technique is much better than some give him credit for.

This forum is full of arseholes.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Why we not in for Andre Gomes at £20m instead of this guy? Surely it's safer bet getting guy that has experience in this league at similar price.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'm pretty sure Elneny could do better than Prat at Sampdoria in a matter of a year.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Pires and Henry were world cup winners before joining. Overmars was playing well at Ajax and featuring in the Dutch national team which at that time was filled with talent.

Bergkamp was a starter against England at Euro 96.

So all of those players you mention above were already showing more promise and doing more than Praet.

They were also signed from relatively bigger clubs were things just hadn't worked out for them.

As I've stated this guy is being kept out of the national team squad by Chadli and Fellani? If he is so good what does that make those 2 players?

All the players I mentioned improved their game over the ages of 25 though.

A national coach preference cant be deeming of a players quality eg Dleph getting into Southgates team ahead of far more talented players for one example of so many.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Why we not in for Andre Gomes at £20m instead of this guy? Surely it's safer bet getting guy that has experience in this league at similar price.

Emery like someone suggested prefers players who are better all rounded such Praet who fits the Banega mold and is effective in pressing as well as being technically astute.

Last edited:

KJSB97

Feel like the criticism of Praet is unjust. Praet is a quality and more importantly consistent player, once rated higher than Eriksen and was touted by Arsène to be our future CAM, but this didn't happen due to doubts over his strength, harsh as he was only a teenager. Unlike Eriksen, Praet took a more unorthodox route to a lesser team in Sampdoria and has been cemented into a deeper role in a rigid system by Giampaolo who is set to take over at AC Milan. As a result, his attacking development has stagnated a tad but he has become more of an all-rounder, similar to Torreira but maybe less tenacious and with a bit more about him on the ball.

It should also be noted that Torreira & Praet formed part of a successful midfield trio in 17/18 and with all the potential incomings, it will take time for the team to gel so Emery is potentially looking for familiarity through the spine of the team with Andersen-Torreira-Praet. Also, maybe at a club like Arsenal, Praet may be able to rekindle his more attacking tendencies from his Anderlecht days and reach his full potential. If not, we have a solid CM who will give us consistent 7/10 performances like a Henderson or Milner which so many people have been crying out for on here but now turn their nose up at Praet.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Feel like the criticism of Praet is unjust. Praet is a quality and more importantly consistent player, once rated higher than Eriksen and was touted by Arsène to be our future CAM, but this didn't happen due to doubts over his strength, harsh as he was only a teenager. Unlike Eriksen, Praet took a more unorthodox route to a lesser team in Sampdoria and has been cemented into a deeper role in a rigid system by Giampaolo who is set to take over at AC Milan. As a result, his attacking development has stagnated a tad but he has become more of an all-rounder, similar to Torreira but maybe less tenacious and with a bit more about him on the ball.

It should also be noted that Torreira & Praet formed part of a successful midfield trio in 17/18 and with all the potential incomings, it will take time for the team to gel so Emery is potentially looking for familiarity through the spine of the team with Andersen-Torreira-Praet. Also, maybe at a club like Arsenal, Praet may be able to rekindle his more attacking tendencies from his Anderlecht days and reach his full potential. If not, we have a solid CM who will give us consistent 7/10 performances like a Henderson or Milner which so many people have been crying out for on here but now turn their nose up at Praet.

Oh no, someone talking sense on AM!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Smith Rowe should be given a chance before we sign what sounds like a bang average CM just for numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom