• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dennis Praet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No not me and you know it. I just see most describe him as a average player who lack some abilities to play in PL. At younger age I would have more faith in him improving on those but at 25? Yikes...

Have you seen him play? I got to be honest I haven't watched a great deal of Sampdoria at all.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is central he neither not similar to ramsey and he not box to box. He is decent and will only improve.

Also don't believe everything you read coming from italy wait for at least some reliable sources to report it

Have you seen him play? I got to be honest I haven't watched a great deal of Sampdoria at all.

Nope, just reading comments about him and when people describe him they don't describe him as some standout player or talent. So that is what I'm going by...

But like always with me, I always give new players a clean slate when they join!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but these people have probably never ever watched him play a second of football, and even if they claim they have they could be telling porkies.
The way some people go on about players we are linked with, you’d think this is a forum compiled of chief scouts or something.

I’m not saying he’s a particularly good signing but until a proper Serie A / Sampdoria fan comments on him we don’t know

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Since quite a few don't seem to know much about Praet, here's some stuff I ran across that Football Whispers put together in April.

Dennis-Praet.png

Here's a snippet:

A midfielder capable of driving forward from deep in midfield, of pushing his team on in transition, Praet’s form did not go unnoticed. He joined Sampdoria in 2016 for €10 million, slotting into a midfield three alongside Lucas Torreira – now at Arsenal – and the hard-tackling Édgar Barreto.

He’s been a mainstay ever since, a dependable performer in Marco Giampaolo’s well-organised and disciplined Sampdoria team. The Blucerchiati currently sit ninth in Serie A, on course for their highest finish since 2014-15, and Praet has played a significant part in that.

He is an accomplished dribbler, able to glide past his marker and pick out a teammate. He is quick over short distances, too, and uses his awareness off the ball to constantly press and harry opponents.

There is nothing spectacular about Praet. He is mostly functional, reliable, and possesses the tactical intelligence many players his senior simply do not have. That, though, appears to be exactly what Emery is looking for.

Arsenal, should they make a move for Praet, will hope for more of a contribution in attack. The former Anderlecht man has scored just twice and provided three assists in Serie A this season, although he tends to operate in deeper areas.

Even though he lacks the creativity and guile of someone like Ramsey, Praet remains an effective midfielder. He can operate as a ball-winner – last season he ranked fifth for tackles per 90 in Serie A with an average of 2.7 – and a playmaker – Praet completes an average of 43.17 passes per 90, at a completion rate of 85.6 per cent.

Should a move to Arsenal transpire, Praet would also be reunited with former teammate Torreira. That understanding could prove a success for the Gunners.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/dennis-praet-arsenal

Since quite a few don't seem to know much about Praet, here's some stuff I ran across that Football Whispers put together in April.

Dennis-Praet.png

Here's a snippet:

A midfielder capable of driving forward from deep in midfield, of pushing his team on in transition, Praet’s form did not go unnoticed. He joined Sampdoria in 2016 for €10 million, slotting into a midfield three alongside Lucas Torreira – now at Arsenal – and the hard-tackling Édgar Barreto.

He’s been a mainstay ever since, a dependable performer in Marco Giampaolo’s well-organised and disciplined Sampdoria team. The Blucerchiati currently sit ninth in Serie A, on course for their highest finish since 2014-15, and Praet has played a significant part in that.

He is an accomplished dribbler, able to glide past his marker and pick out a teammate. He is quick over short distances, too, and uses his awareness off the ball to constantly press and harry opponents.

There is nothing spectacular about Praet. He is mostly functional, reliable, and possesses the tactical intelligence many players his senior simply do not have. That, though, appears to be exactly what Emery is looking for.

Arsenal, should they make a move for Praet, will hope for more of a contribution in attack. The former Anderlecht man has scored just twice and provided three assists in Serie A this season, although he tends to operate in deeper areas.

Even though he lacks the creativity and guile of someone like Ramsey, Praet remains an effective midfielder. He can operate as a ball-winner – last season he ranked fifth for tackles per 90 in Serie A with an average of 2.7 – and a playmaker – Praet completes an average of 43.17 passes per 90, at a completion rate of 85.6 per cent.

Should a move to Arsenal transpire, Praet would also be reunited with former teammate Torreira. That understanding could prove a success for the Gunners.

Not inspiring at all mate!

But guess beggars can't be choosers... We just have to hope for some magical jump in ability for him if he joins!

Zaza

Dennis-Praet.png

Here's a snippet:

That's interesting. Back when he was at Anderlecht he was compared to iniesta. Wonder what happened?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not inspiring at all mate!

But guess beggars can't be choosers... We just have to hope for some magical jump in ability for him if he joins!

Maybe not an inspirational player, but not everyone has to be a galactico. Sometimes you just need a guy who can do a job. His intelligence alone should be an upgrade. And he can hold onto the ball.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Dennis-Praet.png

Here's a snippet:

Played with Torreira AND a DM!

So with him coming in we are still unbalanced

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Well he is more of xhaka replacement than ramsey he shouldn't be box to box midfield to replace ramsey because he never played like that

This is correct. Or I suppose he could play along with Torreira and Xhaka in a 3-man midfield (Sampdoria played the pair in a 4-3-1-2 formation). If Xhaka goes, Praet would seem to be a direct replacement and they would look to add another midfielder (Nkunku maybe?).

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its hard to judge individuals without knowing partners or formation... We need that balance in midfield more than anything.

Praet & Xhaka infront of Lucas sounds a ****ing imobile flaky nightmare.

If we sign a powerful disciplined DM & a mobile dynamic CM Praet could be the ideal third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom