• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dennis Praet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
More than 20M. Praet is valued around 21M. Beek is probably 60Mish.
Still, the same logic applies. We can't be going for cheap crap if we want to be going places. 60m is doable for us, and Van de Beek isn't out of range as De Ligt is for example.

I understand that we can't compete with City but I do want us to be exciting again as a minimum. I'm not seeing that now and can't see it with 'cost effective' players added to this squad.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Yes but rather spend 20 million more on someone like Van de Beek instead of buying the next Elneny.
Even if we had the funds, why would these players come to us?

Reminds me about how everyone thought that golden Dortmund generation would love to come to us, while it turned out in some article they were laughing at players being linked to Arsenal. This was when we were actually still considered a relatively big club mind you.

We need to also be realistic about our current status as a club. Just a tier above the Evertons and Wolves of the world. For now.

Even if we had the funds, why would these players come to us?

Reminds me about how everyone thought that golden Dortmund generation would love to come to us, while it turned out in some article they were laughing at players being linked to Arsenal. This was when we were actually still considered a relatively big club mind you.

We need to also be realistic about our current status as a club. Just a tier above the Evertons and Wolves of the world. For now.
Everton has Richarlison, Wolves has Neves. If they can attract talents, so can we:)

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Everton has Richarlison, Wolves has Neves. If they can attract talents, so can we:)
Wolves attracted Neves because of a dodgy Mendes connection they have. If paying out of our ass for the likes of Richarlison is our only other option, I'd rather stick to decent but cheap buys like Praet.

Wolves attracted Neves because of a dodgy Mendes connection they have. If paying out of our ass for the likes of Richarlison is our only other option, I'd rather stick to decent but cheap buys like Praet.
The problem I see with this, is that if we stick with decent players, we are going to remain a decent team.

We have a huge academy full of decent players. Id rather invest the bulk our money in expensive but brilliant players, and fill in the gaps with the academy. Let the good players carry the team until we are in a position to invest properly.

Judasviking

The problem I see with this, is that if we stick with decent players, we are going to remain a decent team.

We have a huge academy full of decent players. Id rather invest the bulk our money in expensive but brilliant players, and fill in the gaps with the academy. Let the good players carry the team until we are in a position to invest properly.

Agree.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think we ALL agree on that. It's just that people don't really agree on who's a decent player, top player, very good player ready to make the next step or a bad player.
and that's when arrogance starts..

I think we ALL agree on that. It's just that people don't really agree on who's a decent player, top player, very good player ready to make the next step or a bad player.
and that's when arrogance starts..
The biggest issue for Arsenal is that they are ALWAYS looking for a bargain. You find a good player with a bonkers release clause, go ahead. Buy him. Torreira is a great example.

Problem comes when you try to force it. There isnt always a bargain avalible on the market, but for some reason they convince themself that there is. Praet for 20-25M isnt a bargain. It is his market value. And he is going to perform like a 20M player. Tielemans for 40M in todays market is definately a bargain, if he had played for PSG he would have gone for 80M. They have my blessing to go for him, even if it means no defensive reenforcements this year.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Isn't that the crazy guy? Ferrero?

Aren't you confusing Ferrero with the certified nutjob De Laurentis of Napoli?

Ferrero seems quite reasonable if he's aaking €50 million for 2 first team players.

De Laurentis is not willing to except anything less than €150 million :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Nah, De Laurentiis is a madman, too, but it was Ferrero I was thinking of. Didn't he throw temper tantrums in interviews and has mad antics in the stadium?

Italians are such tempestuous people, that's what I love about them :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom