• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He sounds like the type of player a mid table Italian team will pick up and then whore around the market every summer for huge money.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He looks really good, but he also looks extremely similar to ESR. They're almost the same player and do the same **** on the pitch.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Looking at his stats in the last 8 games

Played LM 4 times, cm 2 times and RM 2 times.

Has 5 goals and 9 asissts

That makes for impressive reading.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He looks really good, but he also looks extremely similar to ESR. They're almost the same player and do the same **** on the pitch.
I understand the comparison. Szoboszlai has a lot more senior experience, though. It doesn't matter to me if they are similar if they both vie for a well-defined role in the squad. Let them battle it out who's first choice. The competition might get the best out of both of them.

I must say I'm very intrigued by Saka as LCM. I wouldn't mind Saka and ESR competing for the creative 8 position in the squad and then get Jota as LW or a tricky winger like Benrahma (his profile anyway).

I don't know Szoboszlai well enough to judge if he can immediately slot in the first XI, but his profile is right at least. We would do well to add goals from midfield.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Player of the same mold indeed - both are similar to Kevin De Bruyne in the way they occupy the pitch and the attributes they bring - obviously at a lower level. Feel like Szoboszlai's passing and shooting range are more advanced than ESR's though.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is absolutely no need for a 19 y/o from the Austrian league, especially when Willock and ESR are the same age and play his position.

Bloodbather

Established Member

There is absolutely no need for a 19 y/o from the Austrian league

I know one 19 year old from the Austrian league that we would have done well to get this season.

Salzburg are a massive club in terms of scouting. Can't discredit them simply because they play in an inferior league. They also brought out Sadio Mané.

HBL

Established Member
Yeah this was my point, I wonder what sort of stats Smith-Rowe could rack up in an extremely dominant Salzburg side.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know one 19 year old from the Austrian league that we would have done well to get this season.

Salzburg are a massive club in terms of scouting. Can't discredit them simply because they play in an inferior league. They also brought out Sadio Mané.

I'm not denying he is a good player, he probably is. But when you already have two U21 attacking midfielders, signing another one is just very poor squad planning.

Impact

Established Member

I actually disagree with this. Szoboszlai relies much more heavily on his technical ability than Smith-Rowe. Let me be clear, Smith-Rowe is technically very good but it's his physical abilities that make his game (his power, strength while dribbling and his burst etc). It's why his injuries impacted him so much and why it took a while to get back up to speed. They could dovetail well together to be honest.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm not denying he is a good player, he probably is. But when you already have two U21 attacking midfielders, signing another one is just very poor squad planning.

We need a midfielder who can orchestrate a game with the ball at their feet and make key passes to the forwards. ESR might be able to do that, but Willock evidently can't. We can't go into next season hoping that ESR, who's 19 and been playing for Huddersfield, will be our main creative midfielder.

So we need to buy a creative midfielder. I'd argue it's actually the most urgent position for us. Central defence can be improved with coaching and organisation, plus Saliba is coming. Defensive midfield needs to be improved, but at least we already have players who can play there. Whereas in terms of creative midfielders, we just don't have any. It's a massive hole in our team.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need a midfielder who can orchestrate a game with the ball at their feet and make key passes to the forwards. ESR might be able to do that, but Willock evidently can't. We can't go into next season hoping that ESR, who's 19 and been playing for Huddersfield, will be our main creative midfielder.

So we need to buy a creative midfielder. I'd argue it's actually the most urgent position for us. Central defence can be improved with coaching and organisation, plus Saliba is coming. Defensive midfield needs to be improved, but at least we already have players who can play there. Whereas in terms of creative midfielders, we just don't have any. It's a massive hole in our team.

I completely agree with this, but we need a proper player in this position, not a 19 y/o from Austria. For every Haaland/Mane, there is a Minamino...

I really don't think you can guarantee that this guy would be any better that the options we have now. This club HAS to get this window right. For me you either go for a PL proven player in this position (Grealish/Maddison), or top class from Europe that has performed in the Champions league (Aouar or even Coutinho).

HBL

Established Member
Castrovilli would be a great option if he can improve his passing a bit. His acceleration combined with dribbling ability would be an incredible asset.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I completely agree with this, but we need a proper player in this position, not a 19 y/o from Austria. For every Haaland/Mane, there is a Minamino...

I really don't think you can guarantee that this guy would be any better that the options we have now. This club HAS to get this window right. For me you either go for a PL proven player in this position (Grealish/Maddison), or top class from Europe that has performed in the Champions league (Aouar or even Coutinho).

Agree, I'd also like a more established player. It's really just a question of finances. If we can't afford a Grealish or Aouar then someone like Szoboszlai for 20m is a good deal as he could be elite in a few years.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Agree, I'd also like a more established player. It's really just a question of finances. If we can't afford a Grealish or Aouar then someone like Szoboszlai for 20m is a good deal as he could be elite in a few years.
Grealish, Aouar, Ødegaard, those would be amazing. Perhaps Sabitzer, who brings some experience, but I worry about his athletic ability in the PL. Doesn't look too fast.

Szoboszlai seems like a top talent and it's often prudent to pick up top talents if available for decent fees. With Saka and ESR breaking through it does seem like we need a more established creative CM, though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Grealish, Aouar, Ødegaard, those would be amazing. Perhaps Sabitzer, who brings some experience, but I worry about his athletic ability in the PL. Doesn't look too fast.

Szoboszlai seems like a top talent and it's often prudent to pick up top talents if available for decent fees. With Saka and ESR breaking through it does seem like we need a more established creative CM, though.

For sure, the first three you mentioned would be fantastic. Personally I'd go for Aouar over Grealish. I like Grealish a lot, but i'm always a bit wary of English no. 10's, perhaps unfairly. They always seem to not quite live up to their potential, even going back as far as Gascoigne. But I'd happily take Grealish, his character is great and he could chip in with a lot of goals.

I think if you're looking to raise the overall technical level of the team and replicate a version of City, then Aouar's the one you want. He plays a bit deeper, I could see him as the guy who makes everything tick. I'd be surprised if he chose us though.

ChefMan21

Why can't we have both: a top talent and an established star?

A revamped wishlist midfield for me would include two from Tonali/Puig/Camavinga/Exequiel Palacios plus Ruben Neves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom