• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Akpom was a winger basically, Afobe was a better version of Heskey.
Akpom was a lot more dribbly, flamboyant. Nketiah more efficient. Both talents.
Afobe was a great goalscorer with a decent all round game but 2 ACL injuries really slowed him down. Nketiah IMO is technical and has excellent all-round game. Not sure people realise how good Nketiah could be. Opportunities, as always, will be the decider.

StefanB

Nketiah has the technical qualities to play much more of an all-round game than Akpom and Afobe. I did (and still do) like Akpom because he had the knack of getting into scoring positions for a tap-in quite regularly, but his best position wasn't as a CF/ST, but as a left winger/left forward. Could've been a decent player for us. Same with Afobe, but like MutableEarth said, two ACL injuries ruined him. Plus the hip injury when he was bound to break through into the first team. He never really looked as agile as he used to after that injury tbh.

Nketiah I think could be a great striker, if Emery lets him get a real chance to shine. He has pace, good hold-up play, decent size, good passing and creativity, and he has an x-factor which the best players always have. The ability to do score out of nothing.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Akpom was a lot more dribbly, flamboyant. Nketiah more efficient. Both talents.
Afobe was a great goalscorer with a decent all round game but 2 ACL injuries really slowed him down. Nketiah IMO is technical and has excellent all-round game. Not sure people realise how good Nketiah could be. Opportunities, as always, will be the decider.
Yeah forgot about the injuries to Afobe. Still has had a good career.

For all his great work, Wenger never really developed a great homegrown striker. Walcott, Akpom and Afobe came close. Gnabry too

Apart from TottenSham, no big club has developed a proper striker.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I'm not too high on Nketiah. Just don't feel he is good enough on a technical level to be more than a Wiltord for Arsenal.

I rate John-Jules, Sam Geeenwood and Balogun as forward prospects over him.

John-Jules can be like Iwobi. Could end up being better than the other higher rated prospects.

Very good engine, size, hold up play and links well with his teammates.

Just lacks a bit of explosiveness and consistency with his finishing.

Sam Greenwood is very slick technician, but lacks size and athleticism, but he is clearly not done growing.

Balogun is so athletic and pretty clinical too.

But for some reason I just can't see him making it at Arsenal lol.

The thing I rate about Nketiah is his mentality and intelligence as a player.

If he had the size and athleticism of Akpom and a better technique on the ball ( he even scuffs a couple of shots, so his shooting technique needs work), I would rate him higher.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Like Willock he could still go on loan.
Depends on who comes in. If they trust John-Jules as a 3rd choice then possibly, because I don't see another striker coming in, but it's also definitely possible if the wide positions are bolstered because then Auba plays less games at LW.

We'll see, but like Willock, Nketiah is massively underrated and it will be intriguing to see how next season goes for him IF he gets the minutes, whether that's here or on loan. I've read that Bristol City is a likely destination, which would be OK considering the work they did with Tammy Abraham.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd rather have Nketiah or John-Jules on the wings instead of Iwobi.
You could get decent mileage out of Nketiah on the wing because he's quick and a good dribbler, but John-Jules is a guy you definitely want central for his link play. A good focal point CF, who can run the channels but ideally you want that guy in the center of the pitch most of the time. Ideally, you'd want the same for Nketiah but he's at least more comfortable wide.

In any event, I don't really want to see Iwobi out wide much longer either, think we've got as much as we can out of him there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Have to say that was a fantastic bit of play from John-Jules. I thought for sure he was going to try and bend it into the far corner but amazing composure.
John-Jules did really well to set that move up. He's a very intelligent player IMO.

Nketiah's cameo is just another encouraging sign that he's far better than people estimate, and I look forward to seeing him continue to prove he is a top class prospect - whether here or on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom