• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Established Member
Obviously Da. But he can at least show glimpses.

I'll ensure I watch a good few games next season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Klaus Daimler said:
DaGunners said:
Yes he would. He is better than Nasri and is better now as a winger than Theo will ever be. Seriously, you need to understand how good he is, and how good he will become at a bigger club. Imagine a less selfish Ronaldo.
I've seen a lot of him and it's clear that you're overrating him. The way you talk he sounds like the second coming of Zidane. He didn't even get into the team of the season in France. Good prospect but not close to either Theo or Nasri yet. Especially not Theo. Really, the distance is a mile wide between them. Theo scored a hattrick for England against Croatia while Hazard isn't even a regular for Belgium yet. Also, I think Wilshere will be a better player than Hazard at the time he might be ready to do a job here. He's a fancy player to look at when things are going his way but he's not nearly developed enough to play regularly for us.
QFT. I have seen Hazard too from his last few matches and he is good and tricky but he won't be starting ahead of those 2.

DG, you need to learn how to watch and rate a player. The way you talk about Hazard and Denilson says it all really. Anyway seriously speaking, how old are you?

DaGunners

Established Member
I'm 19 mate, and don't patronize me with your claims of me needing to learn how to rate players and then belittling me by asking my age, because not only is it insulting to me, its just quite childish.

Fact is Theo is a half trick pony on the wing. All he has out there is pace. He stays on the touchline, receives, the ball, and runs towards goal. When we play teams with average or below defenders Theo can come out looking great. But when we play good teams with good defenders Theo looks like a little kid out there. He is a cancer to our football in those games because we cannot play down the right because he will give the ball away most of the time.

Hazard is a player who is almost as fast as Theo, yet is a million times better technically. Not only can Hazard actually participate in intricate build up play, he can also go past defenders with trickery/flair. Theo can do neither of those things, and it hurts our football immensely.

Your point about my not knowing how to rate players based on my rating of Denilson is rubbish. All season I had been banging on about his tactical nous and ball winning, and come end of the season i am proven correct by him leading ALL players in the league in ball winning.

Now, maybe its you who needs to learn how to rate players.

DaGunners

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Sure. Teams like Liverpool and Milan sure have kept him quiet in the past.
So because he produced the good in a few 10 minute substitutions is reason for Theo to be first choice on one of our wings?

Fact is, he has rarely produced a good 90 minutes of football for us. I can count on one hand his good starts for us at Arsenal this season, and that's not nearly good enough.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He's good enough for our wings because in some ten minute substitutions he managed to do more than most people did in the preceding eighty. You're just being unfair and stubborn. Theo's not all about pace. He's equally about timing and penetration and dribbling at high speed and he's quite clever too. He's not the best technician but he's not technically * either. Football is not just about the sum of the attributes. It looks that way on paper but it's not like that in motion. You're painting everything in black and white to make a point that doesn't correlate with the actual reality.

DaGunners

Established Member
The amount of times Theo ignores a good pass and instead runs into defenders is just not good enough for us, neither is the amount of times he mis controls or runs while forgetting the ball. Sure he has his moments, but his possession/creativity are nowhere near good enough for Arsenal, and they never will be. Playing him as first choice on the wings is a waste of time for him and Arsenal. Sadly, the same thins is happening with many players at this club.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I just hate the wiseacre streak you're sometimes showing off. Like you'd know better how to get the best out of the players than people who have devoted their whole career to developing footballers. I accept that it's your opinion that Theo is not good enough. I do not accept that you somehow think it's a fact though, because it's not.

DaGunners

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
ike you'd know better how to get the best out of the players than people who have devoted their whole career to developing footballers.
If Wenger truly believes Theo is better off wide, then yes, I do know more about getting more out of Walcott. But I don't think that's the case.

Anyway, I'm heading out. See yas :eek:ops:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
DaGunners said:
I'm 19 mate, and don't patronize me with your claims of me needing to learn how to rate players and then belittling me by asking my age, because not only is it insulting to me, its just quite childish.
If you think so then my apologies I didn't mean it that way, but I got the idea because the way you are wanking over some players is way over the top

belgianfan

So looks like he will stay with lille another year which I'm glad for.

I agree with people that he's not quite ready yet, but I do believe in his amazing talent. He's a guy you know who could easily become better than theo. But it's a make or break story for me I think. Or he will be awesome or he will be a huge dissapointment. There's no in between with him I think.

He has that kind of talent that you know could be special. He's very fast and highly technicall but above all he's very grounded.

Zidane has praised him so it must mean something and all the biggest clubs from the world are scouting him. He really is special, but he needs to further develop his skills and play smarter and become more involved. He's really like a young ronaldo. He can at times destroy a team on his own but can make many mistakes the other moment.

What I like about him is his very wise choices he made in the past already. He could have gone to real or barca and even us at a young age, but he chose lille for the more stable environment. Don't think he wasn't good enough to go to a big club, he just chose otherwise which is very wise. At clubs like arsenal or real not alot of players make it and certainly not guys like him who are talented but erratic at times. He needs experience and minutes to go with his technical brilliance and his pace. A bit like theo needed too, he needed to learn how to use his talents and I think it will be easier for hazard to do this in lille.

Everybody in lille wants this guy to start but garcia and eden himself are doing everything with a steady pace. He could have been like pennant or the bentleys and shouting he needs to play but he's smarter than that so I think he will make it on a big stage.

Viking

Clrnc said:
DaGunners said:
If you think so then my apologies I didn't mean it that way, but I got the idea because the way you are wanking over some players is way over the top

But can't you see, it's because he knows more about football than Wenger, Capello and our entire coaching staff!!11111

Goonereagle

Hazard is a great prospect; but shed loads of our team are great propsects. Our problem is that we have more potential than actually ability at the moment.

To sign him, would just make us look even further into the future, when everyone is lookin' at now.

banduan

Established Member
The only player we'll sign that begins with Ed- and ends with 'ard will be talking in french about mice under tables, cats on chairs and monkeys in trees. We used to have squirrels at Highbury but they're thin on the ground, them monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom