• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eduardo Camavinga

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I watched That Gooner Talk tactical breakdown of Camavinga, using comparisons with Bissouma, Partey and Xhaka...and whisper it, but you kinda come away with the impression that on paper at least the best pair is actually Partey and Xhaka 😬

Obviously doesn't take into account Xhaka's defensive flaws, or the fact he might just be sick of the club and want to leave, but certainly in terms of the passing stats of the four players Partey and Xhaka right now are streets ahead of the other two. Camavinga a better passer than Bissouma fwiw, but Partey and Xhaka pass more, they make more long balls, and they make way more progressive passes.

Hot take, but there you go.
That doesn't surprise me at all. I think it will be pretty hard to upgrade the Partey Xhaka partnership, they compliment each other fairly well. What we need in my opinion is a player at their level to push them and so there isn't so much drop off in quality when one is injured/suspended/rested/at AFCON etc.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
That doesn't surprise me at all. I think it will be pretty hard to upgrade the Partey Xhaka partnership, they compliment each other fairly well. What we need in my opinion is a player at their level to push them and so there isn't so much drop off in quality when one is injured/suspended/rested/at AFCON etc.

D'you know if we have no European competition next season Partey-Xhaka could just play once a week, hopefully injury free and build some real momentum. They could really do something. I'd play Xhaka deeper dropping to the CBs, Partey a bit further forward to the right, then maybe an Aouar/ESR further forward to the left.

One of our biggest issues this season was just instability and wayyyyy too much tinkering. If we can field more or less the same starting XI in the same formation once a week for the majority of next season, I do think there'd be an improvement.

TornadoTed

Established Member
D'you know if we have no European competition next season Partey-Xhaka could just play once a week, hopefully injury free and build some real momentum. They could really do something. I'd play Xhaka deeper dropping to the CBs, Partey a bit further forward to the right, then maybe an Aouar/ESR further forward to the left.

One of our biggest issues this season was just instability and wayyyyy too much tinkering. If we can field more or less the same starting XI in the same formation once a week for the majority of next season, I do think there'd be an improvement.
I totally agree. A lot of football is about chemistry, we need to start developing these partnerships all over the pitch and that will only happen with way less rotation than we have seen this season.

Europa Conference League could be the fly in the ointment.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I totally agree. A lot of football is about chemistry, we need to start developing these partnerships all over the pitch and that will only happen with way less rotation than we have seen this season.

Yes, also i'm not saying we don't need another midfielder, someone in the Camavinga/Bissouma mould, but do we need to spend 40m on one? Why can't we scout someone for like 10m or something? If it were up to me I'd just reintegrate Guendouzi into the squad, but I realise that's unrealistic and i'm in a minority there.

Anyways, maybe Xhaka actually wants to leave and if so then we'll have to spend big to replace him.

Goonger

We really shouldn't play any of the first choice senior players in this competition. The Europa League is at least semi respectable, with a massive prize of Champions League football, winning this only gives the prize of a Europa League place.

It should be the perfect competition to blood the likes of Azeez, Balogun & players of that ilk. I wouldn't even want the seniors to travel, leave them at home.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We really shouldn't play any of the first choice senior players in this competition. The Europa League is at least semi respectable, with a massive prize of Champions League football, winning this only gives the prize of a Europa League place.

It should be the perfect competition to blood the likes of Azeez, Balogun & players of that ilk. I wouldn't even want the seniors to travel, leave them at home.
I think the competition could have merit if we approached it in that manner. We used to play some very exciting young sides in the league cup back in the day.

It would honestly be more interesting if we played a lot of youngsters.

TornadoTed

Established Member

That would be ideal but I don't know if Mikel will see it that way.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Camavinga told Rennes he won't be extending and want to move to PSG. Rennes asking for at least 100M euros.

Bloodbather

Established Member

But AM told he was going to be sold for 40m and would join The Arsenal?
Anyone who is actually familiar with Camavinga would be quick to call BS on such an idea.

It doesn't surprise me though, I remember when so many on A-M were conflicted whether Mbappé was a worthy target for Arsenal when he broke out at Monaco when the writing was clearly on the wall for anyone who was actually familiar with the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom