• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eduardo Camavinga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The only way signing Camavinga would be possible (or viable) is if we got owner investment- which has never be done before at this club. So if it does happen like some think, it really would be a thing to behold.

If we get no owner investment, whats the point? We wouldn't be able to sign Camavinga AND another CM ready to start can we? And I think only signing him wouldn't really improve us instantly. Although tbf he would match the age profile of our most talented players.

Let's play Aubamawang

I'm not saying Azeez would play the kind of minutes Cesc did at that age, I just don't want to block the path to first team action for our youth by signing other young players. I rate Camavinga highly, but he's only going to stay with us for a couple of years til Madrid come calling again. Sure, we'll make a tidy profit (hopefully) but our youngsters will lose out on a lot of development. And that's assuming Tets doesn't screw him up.

Maybe Azeez isn't ready yet, but Saka didn't really light up youth football, he's just shown how determined he is. And our young players have accomplished far more than our so-called senior players this year, so why not give some more at least the opportunity to shine?

tcahill

We aren't as unattractive as people think.

Off the pitch, we pay (overly) generous wages, are located in London, have a history of French players, and are still a traditionally big club, albeit in a bit of a rut. We also play in the PL, and the other big clubs are stacked in his position.

On the pitch, we can guarantee playing time, which it sounds like he values. He has to displace one of Casemiro, Kimmich or Elneny. For reasons unknown, players seem to dig Arteta's project, so there's that too.

Not saying that him coming here is likely with Madrid and Bayern lurking, but there's certainly still a chance. All the self deprecating here is nuts.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Who's this " JoeTheGooner " guy? Never heard of him until recently.
I suspect he just looks up who people seem to want on A-M and slap the name onto his Twitter. According to his tweets we're apparently interested in Aarons, Doig, Bissouma, Berge, Camavinga, Buendia, Aouar, Grealish, Olise, Toney, but not interested in Brandt. How convenient.

wolfkidultman

I'm not saying Azeez would play the kind of minutes Cesc did at that age, I just don't want to block the path to first team action for our youth by signing other young players. I rate Camavinga highly, but he's only going to stay with us for a couple of years til Madrid come calling again. Sure, we'll make a tidy profit (hopefully) but our youngsters will lose out on a lot of development. And that's assuming Tets doesn't screw him up.

Maybe Azeez isn't ready yet, but Saka didn't really light up youth football, he's just shown how determined he is. And our young players have accomplished far more than our so-called senior players this year, so why not give some more at least the opportunity to shine?

There are no guarantees that Azeez will make it here. Camavinga has at least proven himself to be a consistent performer in a top league. If Azeez is good enough he’ll force his way into contention.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Azeez at 18 is not even standout player at Arsenal u23 and can’t get near the worst Arsenal team in 25 years. Camavinga at 18 is international at the best national team in the world and has every top team interested. This is Arsenal fans in nutshell loool. So embarrassing

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is difficult to see why Camavinga would want to come here. He will have many better options. Fair play to the club if they try, but this one seems unlikely.

Let's play Aubamawang

Azeez at 18 is not even standout player at Arsenal u23 and can’t get near the worst Arsenal team in 25 years. Camavinga at 18 is international at the best national team in the world and has every top team interested. This is Arsenal fans in nutshell loool. So embarrassing
Not being funny but our entire u23 team has been very disappointing this year so it's a bit hard to blame an 18 year old for not being consistent enough. He probably does need at least a year or two on loan before he's ready to step up, but I find it hard to believe anyone could play worse than Ceballos has this year, and he still gets minutes.

Like @wolfkidultman said, if he's good enough he should still make it for us.

I don't see anything embarrassing about wanting to see our youth players succeed considering we are talking about £80m for a young player still developing and we have other pressing needs too. The only embarrassing thing I see is your need to have an argument about it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not being funny but our entire u23 team has been very disappointing this year so it's a bit hard to blame an 18 year old for not being consistent enough. He probably does need at least a year or two on loan before he's ready to step up, but I find it hard to believe anyone could play worse than Ceballos has this year, and he still gets minutes.

Like @wolfkidultman said, if he's good enough he should still make it for us.

I don't see anything embarrassing about wanting to see our youth players succeed considering we are talking about £80m for a young player still developing and we have other pressing needs too. The only embarrassing thing I see is your need to have an argument about it.
The u23 are mainly 18 and 19 year olds and both him and Balugon who people big up here have kids same age as them doing way better in that league

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We should have just signed Bellingham. I don't see why Canavinga doesn't stay put for a year and move to a giant.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We should have just signed Bellingham. I don't see why Canavinga doesn't stay put for a year and move to a giant.

I don't think Rennes would want to lose their gem for nothing, they deserve to get a good fee for him.

I think stylistically he'd work fantastic here. But something I heard someone say is that we're already a very young team, and what we actually need is a couple of players aged 24-26 to come in and perform straight away. In that sense Camavinga might not be a perfect fit.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I didn't realise that his contract was running down. No reason why a club couldn't sign him and let him stay put for a year.

ChefMan21

I don't think Rennes would want to lose their gem for nothing, they deserve to get a good fee for him.

I think stylistically he'd work fantastic here. But something I heard someone say is that we're already a very young team, and what we actually need is a couple of players aged 24-26 to come in and perform straight away. In that sense Camavinga might not be a perfect fit.
I think if a quality young player with great upside is interested, you go for him. To me it's a youngster like Camavinga plus someone like Bentancur or Grealish, rather than Camavinga plus Buendia, for instance, just in terms of the right age balance.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I think if a quality young player with great upside is interested, you go for him. To me it's a youngster like Camavinga plus someone like Bentancur or Grealish, rather than Camavinga plus Buendia, for instance, just in terms of the right age balance.
well, there less than 2 years difference in total between the three of them. Bentancur is the youngest as well ;)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I watched That Gooner Talk tactical breakdown of Camavinga, using comparisons with Bissouma, Partey and Xhaka...and whisper it, but you kinda come away with the impression that on paper at least the best pair is actually Partey and Xhaka 😬

Obviously doesn't take into account Xhaka's defensive flaws, or the fact he might just be sick of the club and want to leave, but certainly in terms of the passing stats of the four players Partey and Xhaka right now are streets ahead of the other two. Camavinga a better passer than Bissouma fwiw, but Partey and Xhaka pass more, they make more long balls, and they make way more progressive passes.

Hot take, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Top Bottom