• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,658
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Personally, I disagree. I don't think we want the DM to drive out our own half, I think we want our CM to be doing that. Xhaka has many opportunities to drive and simply can't.

They can both press but Caicedo is simply better on the ball. He is more agile, he positions his body better when receiving.

However, it is an agree to disagree situation. I have said from the very beginning that Arteta wants both because they can both play 8 and 6. The fact that there is a debate about who is best where proves it.

It allows for more positional rotation and patterns. I can easily see them swapping in the same game. Rice holds Caicedo goes and vice versa. It poses a different threat.

I disagree about Arteta wanting both. It’s one of the other imo. He’s said numerous times he wants goals from Xhaka, if you want goals from that position, you don’t replace him with Rice and Caicedo.

This getting both is just Arsenal mania and Twitter speculating and turning it into something. Not one of the more ‘reliable’ ITKs have mentioned Caicedos name since January.

Last edited:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If Jorginho's leaving I'd be happy with either Rice or Caicedo. The upside of getting both, imho, is actually that it blocks other teams from getting them. So it makes us a lot stronger in relative terms with both creating depth in the squad as well as hindering our top 4 competition from strengthening in a department they all (bar City) need to strengthen.

If I had to choose one of them I'd go with Caicedo simply because I believe Rice would actually go to Bayern if not us and I'm convinced Caicedo will end up at Chelsea, Utd or maybe even Liverpool if not us.

What I'd really like to see is a more attacking and creative player at LCM. Gündogan, Paqueta, Milinkovic-Savic or maybe even Havertz.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If Rodrigo from Leeds has a 3m relegation release clause we should be all over it. Versatile, goal scorer and is a decent enough - especially if that price is true.
Would be really good business if nothing else. Allows us to sell both Balogun and Nketiah for good funds and have him as backup striker. Then flip for profit and go big for striker next summer.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would be really good business if nothing else. Allows us to sell both Balogun and Nketiah for good funds and have him as backup striker. Then flip for profit and go big for striker next summer.
Id still preferably keep Balogun or Eddie as out and out strikers and have Rodrigo rotate across the front when necessary. He can and has played in all 4 forward positions and scored 13 goals in the league last season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m all for Rice and Caicedo, I think if we bring both in it’s a massive show of faith in ESR/Vieira.

We were overly reliant on Ødegaard last season for
creativity, we were lucky that he was fit for basically every game.

Those two players (FV/ESR) really could be the difference between us have a good and great campaign.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Pepe redemption? Is there any chance he'll be here after summer?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli - Jesus - Saka
XX - Øde
Rice - Caicedo
Gabriel - Saliba - White
Ramsdale​

This looks immense but would mean Gabriel would have to play LB, which is a no go.

But look at the quality in that back 5 ffs, that is title winning quality.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I’m all for Rice and Caicedo, I think if we bring both in it’s a massive show of faith in ESR/Vieira.

We were overly reliant on Ødegaard last season for
creativity, we were lucky that he was fit for basically every game.

Those two players (FV/ESR) really could be the difference between us have a good and great campaign.
Upgrading on them really could as well. Sadly that's probably a safer strategy than trusting them 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom