• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,272
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Try and woo him with more game time.

Use Saka and Martinelli as examples.

ric flair GIF

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm here for the long run, don't doubt it. And don't you ever question my loyalty.

Maybe we can, but would rather go for Zubimendi. I need the double (CL and PL) next season, we've not even won the league this season and I'm already greedy.

I prefer Zaire because he’d be a ready made replacement for Partey and Xhaka once they decline.

Good enough to get some minutes but also his prime is still some way off.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Another caution on Rice is that a lot can change in 6 months. Right now it seems like he’ll come but if negotiations drag on trust me Chelsea or Utd could easily decide to swoop in.

When was the last time we signed a high profile England international? I don’t think White, Ramsdale, Walcott or Ox were england internationals when we signed them. Only one I can remember is Welbeck and he wasn’t exactly top level.

It’s looking likely now and it would be a grea transfer but history suggests Arsenal don’t sign this type of player.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I prefer Zaire because he’d be a ready made replacement for Partey and Xhaka once they decline.

Good enough to get some minutes but also his prime is still some way off.

Much harder to develop a young player at CM than in forward positions, especially so if you’re playing CL. Young CMs and CBs very rarely come through at big clubs, there’s too much pressure to win and those positions are too important.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I need to watch more of Zubimendi but from what I know about him he suits the 6 role Arteta wants more than Caicedo.

From a 6 Arteta wants someone who’s press resistant and sets the rhythm with passing. Probably why he wanted Jorginho for so long. Zubimendi is that type.

There isn’t actually a clear spot for him in the short term though, if we presume that Partey and Jorginho will be here next season. He might want to go to Barca cos there’s a clear spot there to replace Busquets.

Don’t see us getting rid of Jorginho after half a season unless he fall off a cliff form wise like Willian.

Barca have De Jong who’s naturally a DM as well. So Busquets would have to actually retire.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Looks like a quality player, but can't imagine PSG let him go. They need to replace Verrati in a season or two.

Which is why we should make our move now. In a season or two, they'll move on to the new shiny thing & we'll have a hell-of-a-player on our hands!!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Much harder to develop a young player at CM than in forward positions, especially so if you’re playing CL. Young CMs and CBs very rarely come through at big clubs, there’s too much pressure to win and those positions are too important.

He’s the MBappe of centre midfielders.

Enough said.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A word of caution on Rice though is that big money transfers of English players don’t have a great record of success.

Sterling to City was a success though I don’t think he was ever truly world class there, you have to go back to Rooney to Utd and Ferdinand to Utd for big money deals which really worked.

Grealish to City hasn’t been a failure but certainly hasn’t lived up to expectations, Sancho to Utd, Sterling to Chelsea, Maguire, Chilwell, Wan-Bissaka.

Doesn’t mean that has any effect on Rice obviously.
Sterling had at least two world class seasons for City. 41 g/a in 19/20 and 42 the season before.

Whether that makes him a world class player is up for debate though, he was a really good fit for that system.

benjamin86

Established Member
Sterling had at least two world class seasons for City. 41 g/a in 19/20 and 42 the season before.

Whether that makes him a world class player is up for debate though, he was a really good fit for that system.
Stones and Walker were pretty big money at the time and worked out alright too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom