• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss EFL Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg: Arsenal (0) 0 - 2 Liverpool (0) | Thursday 20th January | KO: 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

A must win game. We have no complaints now. The NLD postponment has given us the much needed reprieve. We can now concentrate our efforts into ensuring we beat a knackered Liverpool who also have a must win game with Brantford tomorrow.

Let's ****ing smash cúnts so I can bask in another fighting **** meltdown.

Screenshot-20220115-184353.png

Think we're pretty much going full strength here with no PL distraction.

Screenshot-20220115-184934.png

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Kav

Established Member
Let's look a little more in detail about this. We loaned out Maitland-Niles on the 8th of January. Our afcon contingent would soon be going away, but they would at most miss a few league games. The squad was otherwise in a fairly healthy state. The only injuries were ESR and Tomi. Both described as minor injuries so they would be back shortly. Balogun was let go a bit later, by then I think only Kola joined the injury list.

Maybe you can say we should have assumed the absolute worst case scenario and kept them but that is a lot different than accusing the club of being dishonest and cheating. Besides if the absolute worst case scenario happens like it did with us when we ended having more than a dozen players out at the same time through a combination of covid, injuries and a suspension then that is the time when you can make use of the postponement option. Something that is open to all clubs if they find themselves in such situations. Can't see at all where we have been dishonest in this case. Now we have released Kola if we do postpone a game then you can hold that against the club, as now, unlike when we loaned AMN and Balogun, we are a bit short on players but I think the fact we let him go means we are sure we have enough players back and have no intention of asking for any more postponements.

I actually think if for example we turned up at the spuds with a team full of U23's, that would in my opinion go against fairness and especially integrity of the competition. If a team hasn't got the required players it is best to postpone than distort the competition by some teams getting unfairly a lot of points by playing depleted and uncompetitive sides. As long as everyone is judged on the same rules when it comes to postponement then that is the fairest way and no one is disadvantaged.

My view is that with a single Covid positive result the postponement was not made in good faith because the purpose the league made such a postponement possible is on the basis of Covid 19 affecting the availability of players.

Now as stated before the fact that clubs can couple Covid infection and injuries and players on international duties to arrive at a total number of unavailable players shows how poorly created the provision to allow postponement was. However even within this, there are clubs who legitimately had Covid concerns and requested a postponement and those who did not (Liverpool and Arsenal). It is the fact that clubs knowingly requested a postponement without Covid being the actual basis (numerically)for unavailability of players is where I consider it cheating. It’s cheating because just as Liverpool and Arsenal did, the request was not in good faith but rather to seek an outcome (rearranged match at a later date, where more starting players were available) which would be favourable.

I find it ridiculous that a club like Arsenal that claimed to have 33 players on the books at the beginning of the season is now claiming to not have 13 to play a game. Why would any club loan out multiple players in January from the first team squad when you know you are going to lose 4 players to afcon? Why release a player from his contract if you genuinely had issues making up numbers? It doesn’t make sense.

My position is simple. All the clubs have academies and a PL 2 team, they should be forced to include these youngsters into their squads if they are short on numbers. It’s simple. No exceptions or requests to be granted for Covid unless the number of players with positive PCR tests is greater than 8. No postponement for suspected cases either. It’s becoming a joke. This should apply to all clubs.

Any club found cheating (fake test results) should be docked points. My problem as I stated earlier is once you allow leeway for clubs to manipulate the system they will all try to take advantage of it.

Look at what Liverpool did! Others would have done so before too. This is my point. It shouldn’t be allowed at all.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Im remeniscing about our 4-1 victory over loserpool in 2015. Sat in a bar in Bali, by meself. Gorgeous goals all around, Özil played well for a change, Sanchez dominating. Bellerin netted his second ever goal for us, Giroud finished it off late with a stunning strike. Dusty Jordan Henderson with a penalty kick goal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Im remeniscing about our 4-1 victory over loserpool in 2015. Sat in a bar in Bali, by meself. Gorgeous goals all around, Özil played well for a change, Sanchez dominating. Bellerin netted his second ever goal for us, Giroud finished it off late with a stunning strike. Dusty Jordan Henderson with a penalty kick goal.

I remember how awful Kolo Toure was in this match for Liverpool.

Probably my fav ever Arsenal defender, looked like he couldn't even run during that game :lol:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I remember how awful Kolo Toure was in this match for Liverpool.

Probably my fav ever Arsenal defender, looked like he couldn't even run during that game :lol:

Ye Alexis had him on toast. PLayer quality wise, that team was nothing special in retrospect. Skrtel, Markovic, Borini, Sterling who had zooned out cause of the immediate transfer etc...I wonder if that cavetroll Jon Flanagan still played.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool fans still convincing themselves they did nothing wrong specially what after came out today. Just admit it and move on

GLITCH

It's funny how Liverpool have gone to great lengths to cheat to try and reach the final of a competition they haven't taken seriously for years.

Reactions: Kav
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom