• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Big Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ll be honest - Never heard of him until that goal went viral. Rather not get hyped over a good strike against Atletico Madrid but haven’t seen anything of him to make statements like his not ready, or will struggle to get into the first team.

I can’t recall seeing him play in preseason games under Wenger so if Emery has found a diamond in the rock he deserves full credit.

Looking forward to seeing more of him..

Wenger and the whole staff was fully aware of Smith-Rowe mate! Lets not use this as another "Wenger suck and did nothing right and Emery is spotting all the good things" thread!

In interview Emery implied that Smith-Rowe was recommended probably by previous staff that he is a big talent. He says on Arsenal.com this:

“First of all the club have given me a young player with a present and future in this club,” he said. “Emile is one of the club’s recommendations to come on tour with us and I am very happy with him."

https://www.arsenal.com/news/moment-emile-smith-rowe

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If he continues to shine in the remaining matches, I think we could see him making his Premier League start vs. Man City.

I honestly think we need to change it up after getting thrashed 3nil twice by them in successive matches.

New Blood.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Also, Arsenal I think needs to sort out the confusion about his last name. On his Twitter, and in many other articles his last name is Smith Rowe (no hyphen).

On the official Arsenal website, he is listed as Smith Rowe on his player profile, but then in other mentions on the site he is Smith-Rowe.

Does he go by both? Is Smith-Rowe a mistake that we're more inclined to make because hyphenated surnames are more common than having two surnames in English?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Whether it’s this season or the next I hope we have a plan to intergrate him and any other rising stars. In recent years we seemed to have developed a habit of calling u23 players up and never giving them minutes, instead opting for senior fringe players.
Ajax is my first team and I love their tradition of promoting youngsters. I'd like Arsenal to do the same, as much as possible (which is obviously less than in the Eredivisie).

In the Netherlands they often say 'good enough is old enough', which might be the case with Emile here. I just want to be a little bit cautious, because I had high hopes for Zelalem as well when I first saw him in pre-season and that hasn't panned out. Hyped though!

ClubLevel

He reminds me of Hleb. In his control, balance & burst of pace.

Hopefully he is better at finishing though.

nick gould

He reminds me of Hleb. In his control, balance & burst of pace.

Hopefully he is better at finishing though.
I still think the best comparison is Debruyne. They are so similar in many aspects. For starters both are not as graceful on the ball as compared to the likes of Hleb, Özil Carzola and yet they are so effective. The boy does not hit the ball as hard as Debruyne yet because he is not fully developed. I concur with those who say he looks like a better dribbler than Debruyne. So he needs to work on the accuracy of his long ball and crosses to get to Debruyne level.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

F me with the comparisons already? He looks like X but with Y and Z qualities blabalabalabla

He lookes like Emile Smith ROWE. Talented kid who has played a unique combination of positions. Personally I see a great box to box CM in him, he can become the player we think Ramsey is. And yes I did it too.

neimad

I got my hopes up with Wilshere when he burst on to the scene. "Future Arsenal captain....We'll build our team around him and he'll dominate for years!"

So I'm obviously the type to err on the side of caution

Am I ****?!!!!

What a talent this kid is...sign him up to a 10 year contact and first dibs on his future offspring and name a stand after him

th_smiley_emoticons_kinggrin_anbeten.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
F me with the comparisons already? He looks like X but with Y and Z qualities blabalabalabla

He lookes like Emile Smith ROWE. Talented kid who has played a unique combination of positions. Personally I see a great box to box CM in him, he can become the player we think Ramsey is. And yes I did it too.

Most players are unique in their style, the comparisons are usually just a template. De Bruyne is a relatively easy comparison because he has the same gait.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I still think the best comparison is Debruyne. They are so similar in many aspects. For starters both are not as graceful on the ball as compared to the likes of Hleb, Özil Cazorla (not Carzola ffs) and yet they are so effective. The boy does not hit the ball as hard as Debruyne yet because he is not fully developed. I concur with those who say he looks like a better dribbler than Debruyne. So he needs to work on the accuracy of his long ball and crosses to get to Debruyne level.
Özil should probably not be mentioned with cazorla and hleb. They were a level of two above him imo.

GoonerBoy19

Its always great to see academy boys getting into first team, but I have now learnt not to set too much expectations. From Aliadere to Wilshere nothing worked out for us, I hope ESR change the trend.

neimad

Anyway back to ESR.

What position do we expect him to end up in?

He seems like your perfect 8 to me with the way he's able to beat players or time his runs to get on the end of things. Has played out on the wing so might get some chances there initially although Emery seems more of a play players in their actual position merchant as oppossed to Wengers approach.

Big year ahead for the fella and Emery will earn his money with developing these youngsters. I'm kinda more intrigued to see how he will do that than how the first team will go in a weird way.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Hleb!! All dribble and not very often end product. Do me a favour. Lets not revise history and pretend he was anywhere near one of our all time great midfielders. Another one that never seemed to reach full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom