• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Villa are offering ESR say north of 120k a week then they can have him. You don't reward a 20 year old who's played half a good season for us thus far with a deal over 120k a week. Not how it works, he has to be in the same bracket as Martinelli, Saka etc.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I have no idea who Olise is but I'm happy to accept your view. Its not just about losing a player here. If he does go what would really hurt is the fact that an academy player who has broken into the first team and done well feels that Villa is a better choice for him. I mean losing players to Barca and Utd is one thing but losing a player to Villa? How is that possible?

The other annoying bit is that for the first time in a very long while we have a group of youngsters who are genuinely talented and capable of turning into top class players. Martinelli, Saka and ESR are incredible young talents and then we have Kierney, Saliba (if Arteta doesnt cancel him), Willock and maybe Balogun. That is a core you can build your team around like Fergie did with the class of 92. You can't do that when you are losing your young talents to Villa.
It's a sign of where we currently are. The list of players that Wenger developed on a shoe string that were poached by the big clubs is quite long even though we were top 4 and in the CL every year. Money and trophies the lure

Several years on, we're mid table and out of Europe completely, hardly surprising that the poaching clubs are more numerous. Top 4 and CL the lure. And its easy to think that's where Villa might be heading. Their rise is quite simething.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If Villa are offering ESR say north of 120k a week then they can have him. You don't reward a 20 year old who's played half a good season for us thus far with a deal over 120k a week. Not how it works, he has to be in the same bracket as Martinelli, Saka etc.

He's contributed more than Martinelli has arguably. And we've rewarded far worse players with far better contracts in the past. I doubt Villa are offering anywhere near that much, but ESR could easily argue hes entitled to Saka wages when you consider Saka was offered them an entire year ago and he wasn't even a starter at the time.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He's contributed more than Martinelli has arguably. And we've rewarded far worse players with far better contracts in the past. I doubt Villa are offering anywhere near that much, but ESR could easily argue hes entitled to Saka wages when you consider Saka was offered them an entire year ago and he wasn't even a starter at the time.

Yes Saka wages are fine, around 80k would be fine. But anything north of even 100 is a bit ridiculous, that's if he's demanding big wages which I doubt.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yes Saka wages are fine, around 80k would be fine. But anything north of even 100 is a bit ridiculous, that's if he's demanding big wages which I doubt.

Agree with this, there has to be a limit on wages as well at some point for the health of the club. I don't think ESR is leaving us for money though, more likely this is his agent doing his job and trying to up our offer somewhat. Think this will get concluded over the next couple of weeks, probably somewhere around £70-80k

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's a sign of where we currently are. The list of players that Wenger developed on a shoe string that were poached by the big clubs is quite long even though we were top 4 and in the CL every year. Money and trophies the lure

Several years on, we're mid table and out of Europe completely, hardly surprising that the poaching clubs are more numerous. Top 4 and CL the lure. And its easy to think that's where Villa might be heading. Their rise is quite simething.

Since June the 2nd you've mentioned the word Wenger 41 times. That's pretty much dropping his name to create a conversation every single day and more. You also talk about him without mentioning his name, why do you do this?

In fact since December 2020 you've mentioned Arsène Wenger's name on here 400 times. WHY.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Its also about the length of contract a the salary remains the same throughout. £120k pw may seem high now but it doesnt seem so high 2 or 3 years from now. Are we prepared to lose him and if we are how do we replace him? That will cost a fee and a salary anyway, so paying ESR £120k now when we know what he can do is not so crazy.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Since June the 2nd you've mentioned the word Wenger 41 times. That's pretty much dropping his name to create a conversation every single day and more. You also talk about him without mentioning his name, why do you do this?

In fact since December 2020 you've mentioned Arsène Wenger's name on here 400 times. WHY.
Is that all? I'm slipping.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Its also about the length of contract a the salary remains the same throughout. £120k pw may seem high now but it doesnt seem so high 2 or 3 years from now. Are we prepared to lose him and if we are how do we replace him? That will cost a fee and a salary anyway, so paying ESR £120k now when we know what he can do is not so crazy.
When you consider Willian is a waste of space on the equivalent of £190k a week, it would a superb deal.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Is Villa's 'rise' that impressive? They have finished 17th & 11th in their 2 seasons since getting promoted. Wolves finished 7th in their first two seasons back in the top flight recently.

They looked pretty average to me in the 2nd half of the season when Grealish was injured, I think they could just as easily struggle as improve again if Grealish goes.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Is Villa's 'rise' that impressive? They have finished 17th & 11th in their 2 seasons since getting promoted. Wolves finished 7th in their first two seasons back in the top flight recently.

They looked pretty average to me in the 2nd half of the season when Grealish was injured, I think they could just as easily struggle as improve again if Grealish goes.
Nah, if Grealish goes it would be for big money, 100m or thereabouts. Enough to keep them going for a few years more.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Their improvement is quite measured 25,17,11 but it’s continuously in the right direction and they’re investing steadily. More importantly the owners are forking out of their deep pockets. Much will depend on this year‘s transfer window.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Big blow for hopeful Villa fans.

not surprised by this he love the club he became key part of it even we sign number 10 will not affect his development because Arteta like to change and ESR can play out wide if it required.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom