• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We're giving ESR a hard time, but there are rumours he's already verbally agreed a new contract but is currently on holiday. When he's back for pre-season I imagine this will all get sorted pretty quickly so we can move on with shifting the deadwood and bringing in new players.
Where has he gone for a holiday, the arctic circle? He should have made some comment about staying. Think he's gone tbh.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A lot of it is Villa making noise and our distrust of Arteta, but Arteta isn't stupid. We've been quoted 50 mil for Ben White, young English players this close to the starting 11 you keep those man - we have problems with homegrown slots as it is.
Come on bro, this the guy who got conned by Kia into Cedric, Luiz and Willian. 3 year deal for a 32 year old? And 50 mill for Ben White? Anything could happen with ESR. Hope stays though.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Come on bro, this the guy who got conned by Kia into Cedric, Luiz and Willian. 3 year deal for a 32 year old? And 50 mill for Ben White? Anything could happen with ESR. Hope stays though.
I hate defending him, but I don't think he was even manager and still had a coaching role when some of those players came in (happy to be corrected).

Willian Arteta has to take on the chin - but he had help with that.

Arteta is an absolutely crap manager who does whatever he wants and gets support, but I don't think he's stupid tbh.

ESR is staying in my opinion.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Even more people don’t, that’s why it’s a holiday.
People in high paying jobs often do. People in the financial sector have to reply to a few emails or maybe have a call. And that’s just to work on something you’re already paid to do, not secure a new contract worth a lot of money….

Let’s not act football is like any normal labour market anyway, ESR is in an extremely important period for his career so if I was him I would be eager to hear updates and liaise with my agent.

Let's play Aubamawang

Where has he gone for a holiday, the arctic circle? He should have made some comment about staying. Think he's gone tbh.
I have no idea, but I would imagine being 20 years old he probably thought it wise to leave the negotiations to his agent (who is supposed to represent his best interests). More than likely the agent told him to enjoy his holiday and everything should be sorted by the time he comes back.

No offense to Villa, but he's broken into the first team here, and he bleeds red and white. As long as he gets minutes, there is no reason why he would want to leave. He wants to succeed here. He has the same drive in him as Saka. The same drive Nelson doesn't quite seem to have, unfortunately.

His agent is clearly encouraging Villa to get a better deal for his client. And why wouldn't he? Clearly Villa see him as a viable option for the future, which not only throws up a question of wages but also his position in the squad. Is he crucial or an important first team player? Or is he a rotational option?

All of these things come in to negotiating a young players contract so they get the development they need. Why do you think Balogun took so long to extend his? He clearly wanted to stay as he could have agreed a deal elsewhere from January. His agent had to gain assurances of playing time from Tets to get the deal over the line.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He loves Arsenal, he bleeds red and white zzzzzzzzz

Imagine believing and eating up these buzzwords they put out in some meaningless PR video. Bet you thought the same **** for Ashley and RvP. If he doesn't get what he wants, he'll be gone in a flash.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Imagine believing and eating up these buzzwords they put out in some meaningless PR video. Bet you thought the same **** for Ashley and RvP. If he doesn't get what he wants, he'll be gone in a flash.
He needs Kia Joorabchian as his agent. That dude would probably get Edu and Arteta to sign up to £200k a week until Emile’s 35.

Goonger

Well he's on the Facebook page as being back in training so let's get this contract signing done pronto!

Token Yank

It truly is the most moronic defense when it comes to this sort of thing.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom