• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2007-2008

dublingunner

Established Member
Wow maybe Ljungberg feels a bit stupid now after his "I want to make West Ham the best team in England" comment.

Sorry Freddie it's going to be a tough season for you it seems.

JazzG

Established Member
Bolton 1-3 Newcastle
Derby 2-2 Portsmouth
Everton 2-1 Wigan
Middlesbrough 1-2 Blackburn
West Ham 0-2 Man City

Newcastle and City doing well in their opening fixtures, big changes at both clubs this summer and both off to a good start.

JazzG

Established Member
I wouldn't laugh at them if I was you, only Barcelona have got a better set of strikers according to their fans so ya better watch yourself!

illmatik

Established Member
They could be laughing at us tomorrow, so let's not get too carried away...ah **** it, ha ha ha ha :lol:

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Its pretty funny if you know a good amount of Tottenham fans. I got all this talk about Tottenham storming to 4th spot or even 2nd.

They are probably some of the most deluded set of fans you can get and its so funny to see them lose knowing what they said before.

KingReyes

Established Member
JazzG said:
I wouldn't laugh at them if I was you, only Barcelona have got a better set of strikers according to their fans so ya better watch yourself!

I've heard Rijkaard wants a swap deal with Xavi and Iniesta going to the yids for Jenas and Huddlestone. Think they should throw in Messi as well to make it fair.

Allyboy

Established Member
The biggest problem at Sp**s is their fans. They truely think because they won the double in 1961, they should be title contenders every year. So any minor sign of improvement gets embellished to ****e like "the glory days are coming back" and "the sleeping giant has woken" but if you look at what they actually achieve, its not really much.

If they actually gave their managers time to improve, they might just get there. But they expect them to get Sp**s to be better than Arsenal ASAP, because they think they have a devine right to be better than us. Given that if you take out the 1960s, at best they have been level than us and at worst a long way behind, its thoroughly bizarre that they think this should be the case.

For years Sp**s always tried to better Arsenal. Their recent board FINALLY sussed they had to make Sp**s as good as they could be, and then worry about Arsenal later. But their fans won't accept this, for your average Sp**s fans goes by the motto "hate Arsenal first, love Sp**s second".

Its true. Just hang around some of their fans for a bit and the topic of conversation will turn to being anti Arsenal. Any dropped point by us is played up as a huge crisis which shows we are imploding and any win by them proves they are soon to be back up with Real Madrid, where they truely belong. (Or so most of them think).

There are some rational Sp**s fans, but most of them think Sp**s are a true bastion of sporting greatness and no other sporting entity comes close to them. Quite what makes them think this im not sure but they seem to think so.

I never worry about Sp**s, because their is something inbred into their history and that is this. When the chips are down, and everything is to play for, they ALWAYS **** it all up!

famous no 10

Established Member
Allyboy said:
The biggest problem at Sp**s is their fans. They truely think because they won the double in 1961, they should be title contenders every year. So any minor sign of improvement gets embellished to s***e like "the glory days are coming back" and "the sleeping giant has woken" but if you look at what they actually achieve, its not really much.

If they actually gave their managers time to improve, they might just get there. But they expect them to get Sp**s to be better than Arsenal ASAP, because they think they have a devine right to be better than us. Given that if you take out the 1960s, at best they have been level than us and at worst a long way behind, its thoroughly bizarre that they think this should be the case.

For years Sp**s always tried to better Arsenal. Their recent board FINALLY sussed they had to make Sp**s as good as they could be, and then worry about Arsenal later. But their fans won't accept this, for your average Sp**s fans goes by the motto "hate Arsenal first, love Sp**s second".

Its true. Just hang around some of their fans for a bit and the topic of conversation will turn to being anti Arsenal. Any dropped point by us is played up as a huge crisis which shows we are imploding and any win by them proves they are soon to be back up with Real Madrid, where they truely belong. (Or so most of them think).

There are some rational Sp**s fans, but most of them think Sp**s are a true bastion of sporting greatness and no other sporting entity comes close to them. Quite what makes them think this im not sure but they seem to think so.

I never worry about Sp**s, because their is something inbred into their history and that is this. When the chips are down, and everything is to play for, they ALWAYS f**k it all up!

So true.

Also, although that's just the first game for them, the pressure on them to actually finish higher than us is immense... they really have delusions of "glory" and they have spent money with the ultimate aim of finishing above us...not the title, just above us.

They know that we own them and I really don't see that changing this season, and I think deep down they know if it doesn't happen for them this season it probably never will.

Always good for a laugh, though.

Allyboy

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
Allyboy said:
The biggest problem at Sp**s is their fans. They truely think because they won the double in 1961, they should be title contenders every year. So any minor sign of improvement gets embellished to s***e like "the glory days are coming back" and "the sleeping giant has woken" but if you look at what they actually achieve, its not really much.

I never worry about Sp**s, because their is something inbred into their history and that is this. When the chips are down, and everything is to play for, they ALWAYS f**k it all up!

So true.

Also, although that's just the first game for them, the pressure on them to actually finish higher than us is immense... they really have delusions of "glory" and they have spent money with the ultimate aim of finishing above us...not the title, just above us.

They know that we own them and I really don't see that changing this season, and I think deep down they know if it doesn't happen for them this season it probably never will.

Always good for a laugh, though.

They have a cycle this and it goes like this:

1) They are doing ****, they hire a new manager.

2) New manager hired, the glory days are coming back, the sleeping giant has woken

3) They start to do **** again, they want the manager out, they have the players but the manager is not good enough

4) Manager gets sacked

5) Go back to point 2.

Its happening now, I read that glory glory forum and some of their posters seem to think their squad are title challengers but its Jol's blunderings which are costing them! The same Jol who this time last year was leading them to the promised land!

Title challengers?! How many Sp**s players would get any where near the Man Utd team!? Man U beat them 4 nil at White Hart Lane, BEFORE they bought Hargreaves and Tevez! :lol:

qs

Established Member
Jols spent more than any Prem manager bar Jose since he took over and Sp*rs still aren't good enough. He's getting away with murder. If they finish outside the top 5 they'll be baying for blood again.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
haha Sp**s the only 4th they will get is 4th from the bottom.

champions league? championship league seems more realistic.

anyway that was a world class own goal by laursen.

villa 0 liverpool 1

what kind of football are villa and pool playing right now? fighting for the bragging right of who can put spectators to sleep first?

ohboy!!!

qs said:
Jols spent more than any Prem manager bar Jose since he took over and Sp*rs still aren't good enough. He's getting away with murder. If they finish outside the top 5 they'll be baying for blood again.

I did not even know that, until before today's game!

He is getting away with murder, and yet he still says that getting into the top 4 would be a "bonus" :lol:

If they don't make top 4 this year, I feel there must be financial consequences.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom