• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Stoke City | Wed, 23 Feb 2011 | 19:45

-vapour-

fabo said:
BBC says 60%, another site says 55%.

Fairly sure it wasn't 71%.

Every site/channel has different means of getting the stats. Some rely on a stopwatch and some rely on counting passes etc. Apparently Opta stats are the most dependable.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Rest him for the CC , we have enough fire power to deal with Birmingham .

dyeruz

Established Member
American_Gooner said:
dyeruz said:
it worries me that without cesc we seem a bit toothless in attack
Having no RvP added to the problem as well.
The problem is with Bendtner up front..well up front is too much, to the side, anywhere but the focal point of the attack, we're all over the place. It improved slightly when Chamakh came on but its worrying

-vapour-

Opta stats were: 'FT Stats Arsenal v Stoke Shots 10-8 On target 4-1 Fouls 7-9 Duels Won 56%-44% Passing accuracy 86%-72% Possession 71%-29%'

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
' Stoke boss Tony Pulis on his side's narrow defeat by Arsenal: "We are very disappointed not to get something out of the game. It is the first time we have come here and looked like we belong in this company. In the first 10 minutes we looked like rabbits in the headlights but in the second half, with a little bit more fortune, we could have scored one or two goals." '

rofl1.gif
rofl1.gif
rofl1.gif

fabo

6.51 / 10
I don't see the joke.

First ten minutes we were cutting them to pieces, after that we were awful and barely mustered a chance. Stoke looked more likely to score.

Illusion

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
' Stoke boss Tony Pulis on his side's narrow defeat by Arsenal: "We are very disappointed not to get something out of the game. It is the first time we have come here and looked like we belong in this company. In the first 10 minutes we looked like rabbits in the headlights but in the second half, with a little bit more fortune, we could have scored one or two goals." '

rofl1.gif
rofl1.gif
rofl1.gif

Indeed.

sagreig

fabo said:
First ten minutes we were cutting them to pieces, after that we were awful and barely mustered a chance. Stoke looked more likely to score.

You do talk a lot of nonsense.

I'm guessing all us fans were nervous because we don't have the best record of defending leads and without Van Persie and with Fabregas and Walcott having to go off, we lost our cutting edge in attack but we were comfortable throughout the game. Wilshere and Nasri did a great job.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Still not funny.

All he's saying is that tonight was the first time Stoke were competitive at our ground, it's true. Although last season was a bit of a struggle aswell.

We were awful. Looked tired and lethargic, hopefully a one-off.

IBL

Established Member
we've played a ****load of games in the last few weeks, hardly shocking to see some of our players suffering with fatigue out there.

A good win in the circumstances, vital to prepare for Sunday now

fabo

6.51 / 10
sagreig said:

I'm guessing all us fans were nervous because we don't have the best record of defending leads and without Van Persie and with Fabregas and Walcott having to go off, we lost our cutting edge in attack but we were comfortable throughout the game. Wilshere and Nasri did a great job.

Nasri was average at best. They put us under more pressure second half - summed up how mediocre we were.

Hopefully a one-off as I said.

sagreig

fabo said:
sagreig said:

Nasri was average at best. They put us under more pressure second half - summed up how mediocre we were.

Hopefully a one-off as I said.

We didn't allow them clear opportunities. I can't remember Szczesny being troubled at all. They had a well worked free-kick headed wide by Shawcross but other than that it was entirely comfortable. Walcott really should've sealed it after Arshavin cleverly got past Shawcross and set him up.

If we didn't look like scoring, they certainly didn't. We defended well, showed great resilience and it was a classic 1-0 to the Arsenal.

We obviously lacked some attacking threat without Fabregas and Van Persie but to suggest we were awful is not fair at all. These professional performances are just as important as the spectacular, attacking displays.

qs

Established Member
fabo said:
I don't see the joke.

No they didn't. They barely create anything. We didn't create a whole lot but we had a couple of clear cut chances, they had one or two half chances.

fabo

6.51 / 10
What clear cut chances? Theo's scuffed shot was basically it once Cesc went off. With an hour gone I knew we wouldn't score again.

No tempo to our play, lack of ideas, laboured passing. I detest the way we try little one-two's on the edge of the box when it's overcrowded - rarely gonna work when you have Song and Bendtner trying to execute. Somtimes we need to mix it up when the possession game isn't yielding any chances - get at the full-back and cross some balls. Nasri looked like 09 Nasri tonight - I don't think he's fit yet. He looks a yard slower than usual and seems pissed off atm. Something's bothering him.

Thank God for Jack Wilshere - he was bang up for it tonight.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm watching the game now and they didn't really trouble us apart from that Chesney save. We dealt pretty well with their high ball tactics and won a lot of challenges. Wilshere out muscling and outworking Pennant to shepherd the ball out...classic. It wasn't our best game as far as I've seen but it says a lot that we lost 2 players to injury and didn't fall apart or look flustered even when we were less creative going forward.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom