• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Watford v Arsenal | 27th of August at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think there is some very clear fitness issues still. Can see it steadily improving but we really really ****ed up the preparations - again.

Axel_Gunner

first half was good.
2nd half was meeeeh.

we produced some nice chances. we used some of this chances.
i think we can be happy about the early penalty, it helped us to be in front that early. We were strenghed and motivated.

But the game also showed our defence needs more structure. We will see how it will work out after some more games including Mustafi.
Our offensive efforts were mixed. Some good chances, but also some passing in midfield while noone really knew what to do. Xhaka showed some great passes.

Good to see Xhaka in our team. Great to see Özil back. Good to see Walcott on the wing isnt a total failure.

Now announce Mustafi and Perez and have a good inernational break!

Polar Bear

YES!!! 3 points thats the most important. it was a strange game though.. 1st half we looked fantastic, 2nd half we looked very lackluster. But whatever.. its 3 points and we needed that.

Banks

A win is a win and it's all about 3pts and nothing more. It's better than a point and hopefully we push up the table

JENSON_GUNNER

Ox has been his usual lack of productivity self but I can't fault the effort defensively.

Good from him, looks like he's at least trying to realise his potential.

Also we may be the seeing the beginning of the end for Nacho. Any pacy fullback seems to have him these days.

No doubt, Monreal is getting on. But Ox rarely offered him any help in the second half. Was all over the place. Boy does he need to keep it simple at times and work harder. I mean even Walcott worked twice as harder than Ox. I rate Ox but he isn't living up to his potential. Every season I tweet this is the year of the Ox and he kind of makes it look stupid.

say yes

forum master baiter
I think there is some very clear fitness issues still. Can see it steadily improving but we really really ****ed up the preparations - again.

Wenger generally conditions his teams to peak late. Mourinho does the opposite, goes guns blazing and then tries to hold on at the end of the season.

Think Mourinho has the better idea personally - even if his players are worn out by the end at least they're not constantly playing catchup. Ferguson used to do the same as Arsène but remember reading in his autobiography that Mourinho forced him to adapt.

carlito'sway

Established Member
No doubt, Monreal is getting on. But Ox rarely offered him any help in the second half. Was all over the place. Boy does he need to keep it simple at times and work harder. I mean even Walcott worked twice as harder than Ox. I rate Ox but he isn't living up to his potential. Every season I tweet this is the year of the Ox and he kind of makes it look stupid.

Can't believe Nacho is being blamed on a 3 vs 1 situation, while Ox was jogging back the field.

JENSON_GUNNER

Can't believe Nacho is being blamed on a 3 vs 1 situation, while Ox was jogging back the field.
Yeah, some people have their favourites but I am trying to look objectively. Wilshere looks unfit at the moment, needs to get his arse into the gym. I am also a bit annoyed no one is trying to take that right wing role and make it their own. At present, Walcott is making a case for it and that has surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom