• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Watford v Arsenal | 27th of August at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Good game. One place for improvement is our selfishness. The gulf in class between us and Watford is probably the same as Barca and, let's say, Levante. The difference is Messi, Suarez and Neymar play for each other. Our forwards don't. If Messi's through on goal but Suarez has a tap-in, he'll square it and Barca close that game out 4-0.

Our players would rather dink the keeper and make tomorrow's headlines. We got away with it in this game, but we really need to finish teams off in future.
Pure ****, killer mentality.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
calm your tits, it was Watford, not Real Madrid
and had Ighalo scored his magnificent overhead kick, it would have been a different outcome (literally too)
that Success kid is good, too

carlito'sway

Established Member
Watching the game again and taking time to look at the plays, tendencies and individual performances.
Xhaka/Santi/ Mesut and Alexis had some intricate movements and fluent passing between themselves, really promising for the future.
Ox was even worse than I thought, the dude was shocking. Even when he started a good move, his final ball or decision was diabolical.
Theo was very active and alert, much better showing than his usual insipid and transparent performances.
Bellerin is talented but needs to be less lackadaisical sometimes. He relies too much on his pace and got burned a couple of times. He also needs to improve his aerial game. He is often being picked on with diagonal balls.
The second half was not as bad as we thought. It was still a decent and controlled performance, never felt that we were going to give up more goals to Watford.
Xhaka is a real midfield general, he attracts and demands the ball and add so much directness and fluency to the transition game. With Santi next to him, it is hard to press both of them as well.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Dutchies, how are you watching games nowadays? I can't get Foxsports GO or Ziggo Sports at the moment, so I don't know where to watch football legally now. Are there any alternatives? Or any good slightly-less-than-legal streams you could recommend, maybe?

@Vinci @Kroket @razörist @clockwork orange @Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Little late, don't know what others have said, but I usually watch games via http://www.livefootballol.me/streaming/english-premier-league/

You'd have to install acestream, it produces very high quality. Succes er mee.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Watched extended highlight, attack looked very fluid and the defence shaky, some bad set piece defending and Kos looks rusty. Good momentum though, plus a couple of new signings and a winnable game next week gets us going. Still no hope for this season though.

BobP

Memri Fan
Our pass selection is so bad.

Especially in finishing positions.

It's comical.

Bellerin would get into a decent attacking position and just squander by playing some silly pass.

His crosses are quite silly also.

We saw similar moments from Ox, Elneny, Walcott.

There's also something wrong with the way our attacking play is structured, we were relatively stable in our build up play, with both Cazorla and Xhaka but they had no means of progressive up the field because the rest of the team doesn't seem to react.

A disconnect would develop between guys like Xhaka, Cazorla and Walcott, Ox and Özil.

Just forced our team to keep on passing back even when in a relatively advanced position.

This inability to progress up the field is linked to our occupation of the wings, the fullbacks and the wingers basically occupy the same areas when attacking, end up being literally on top of one another.

In this case you only have Özil in the middle, meaning he can easily be overcrowded.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our pass selection is so bad.

Especially in finishing positions.

It's comical.

Bellerin would get into a decent attacking position and just squander by playing some silly pass.

His crosses are quite silly also.

We saw similar moments from Ox, Elneny, Walcott.

There's also something wrong with the way our attacking play is structured, we were relatively stable in our build up play, with both Cazorla and Xhaka but they had no means of progressive up the field because the rest of the team doesn't seem to react.

A disconnect would develop between guys like Xhaka, Cazorla and Walcott, Ox and Özil.

Just forced our team to keep on passing back even when in a relatively advanced position.

This inability to progress up the field is linked to our occupation of the wings, the fullbacks and the wingers basically occupy the same areas when attacking, end up being literally on top of one another.

In this case you only have Özil in the middle, meaning he can easily be overcrowded.
no giroud :D

really, he helps more in the buildup

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So I saw glimpses of what we could become , we really need to up our efficiency - team game . Guys like Ox and Theo to a lesser extent need to stop thinking about their own numbers just do the team thing . Numbers take care of themselves . You can tell it annoys everyone else too .

BobP

Memri Fan
So I saw glimpses of what we could become , we really need to up our efficiency - team game . Guys like Ox and Theo to a lesser extent need to stop thinking about their own numbers just do the team thing . Numbers take care of themselves . You can tell it annoys everyone else too .

It's absurd and not what one would come to expect of a Wenger team.

You can see Wenger get frustrated at it on the sideline at times.

BobP

Memri Fan
no giroud :D

really, he helps more in the buildup

A lot of people, including me moan about him but he is crucial in providing our attack with a focal point. It sounds basic but without him we have nobody to hold the ball up and who can bring others into play.

He's a temp fix for our structural issues.

Even then, it's hardly a proper fix, has to wrestle two players when contesting for the ball.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Cazorla is such an inportant player for us in midfield, he makes Özil click with the rest. Anyway i was happy with the peformance from the team it looks like we are finding some rhytm which is very important for the confidence.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
calm your tits, it was Watford, not Real Madrid
and had Ighalo scored his magnificent overhead kick, it would have been a different outcome (literally too)
that Success kid is good, too

He's excellent. Great signing.

You've got to love Caz.

I don't care if it's Watford or Burnley, a win is still a win. I'll celebrate it any way I want.

By the way, we've sent the wrong guy to Sporting me thinks.

Most definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom