• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
OK, let's put it like this, isn't it the case that the vast majority of the fans support "big" clubs? So who is actually watching Steaua, Dundlak, or Lokomotiv? That's why the CL is crap for 95% of the time, and the greedy clubs want to fix that and earn some great money with that.

I wouldn't mind watch Real - Juventus game in the middle of the week, but I won't pretend like you that I have any ****ing interest in Steaua even if they reach semi finals, and that goes for 95% of the fans out there

Speak for yourself. Not trying to be rude with that comment but I like seeing the underdog take out the big dog once in a while. Plus, fans support local teams all the time because it is their home team so I don't think "95% of fans" don't care about "little or lesser known teams"

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Bayern just released a Statement ruling out joining the ESL. Dortmund surely next.

tenor.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bayern doing a Fabian Delph I see, they will join.

Though hope they don't, as I would love to see them get ****ed over by not joining tbh :drool:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Auba and Willian. Spend the next two years making 500k a week without even having to play.

Didn't Nketiah repost Bamford's comments on his Insta? Also, I believe Laca and Auba liked comments made by Pep about the Super League.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Speak for yourself. Not trying to be rude with that comment but I like seeing the underdog take out the big dog once in a while. Plus, fans support local teams all the time because it is their home team so I don't think "95% of fans" don't care about "little or lesser known teams"

Local fans account for <1% of potential fans of a team with an international presence.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The fact that the PR for this has been so bad and incompetent suggests to me they know no one can stop them. If they thought this depended on convincing people of their arguments, of winning them over, they'd have hired the best PR firms in the world and paid them millions. Instead they announced a tacky website on a Sunday night, none of the clubs have said a singe thing, and Perez has gone on a chintzy talk show. They're not bothering to win hearts and minds, they've dropped the bomb, it's done, they're not backing out, it's been in planning for years. It's happening.

I actually believe the opposite. They did not think the project thoroughly and didn't expect the massive backlash either. From a legal standpoint, they will have to fight 2 leagues, the UEFA and other clubs not to mention fans associations. Politically it is toxic to a point that a clown like Boris is leading the charge since he can score cheap political points from it. Big clubs like Bayern, PSG, Porto, Benfica, OL, BVB are taking their distances. Infantino came out strongLY against it. Hard to see this getting serious tractions.
I was listening to a Manchester University lecturer of Sports law commenting on the project on the BBC and she said in conclusion it will be hard for this venture to survive with all the legal and political challenges it will be facing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"Stan, sorry, but you can't come back to this county...Brighton and Wolves are waiting outside your house."

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom