• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RacingPhoton

Established Member
In think his comments were relative. The rich get richer exponentially while the poor improve linearly.
Some rich people get richer at an exponential rate. Some poor people also get richer at the same rate. The exponential growth rate is skewed more towards the rich in the US. But that's not true for the rest of the world. It could be directly linked to the country being the worst when it comes to social welfare among all developed countries. I could see the global graphs below and be optimistic about the future outlook:

Papa Wonga

Established Member
I've given up, if it happens it happens.

We're all going to eventually watch it lmao, we've all been there at the 8-2's / 6-0's / Wenger's sacking / Arteta's hire

We're used to being a tinpot club most weeks.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Truth is most people are selfish hypocrites and have a hard time accepting that. Footballers are not any special.

All I can say, I am glad Thierry is off social media at the moment :lol:

"Football is about beauty of the game and the fairness of all"

...can imagine The King tweeting that, before @Tir Na Nog spams the handball picture to him in response!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This ESL model is just not sustainable. You can't just starve out the smaller clubs and rely on those few teams to sustain the entire industry. Football is unique in the sense that there are fans of hundreds and thousands of clubs. People will eventually get sick of watching those few teams play each other week in week out and when the smaller clubs die out and interest in the super league diminish football will be destroyed.
The super league is the first step. These other teams have to be set different and become regional teams and feeder teams. The 16 teams should each take 2-3 of these teams and make them their farmer teams and rest can die out

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Which of the 5 stages of grief are you all at in regards to the Super League?
Burn it down

Burn it all down.

tenor.gif

*That includes UEFA and FIFA and Sports Pundits and TV companies. Everyone.

Melquiades

Comparing a guy making 1.5m for doing a job well as part of the sport to billionaires trying to make extra hundreds of millions by holding the fans and the sport hostage is the definition of a false equivalency.

Just because lots of people in the sport are well-paid doesn't mean that ANYTHING that generates more money for someone is OK or that these people don't have the fair right to comment on things that will make the sport worse.

Reactions: Kav

blaze_of_glory

Did you read the book or are you saying that he is full of bs without even reading it? He has pretty convincing arguments. There are parts that I didn't like. But he was overall correct about most of it. I come from India which has definitely benefitted due to globalization. In just 30 years, I have seen villages getting modern with lots more amenities, towns turning into cities and some of my friends who come from poor families comfortably becoming middle class with air conditioned houses and cars.
Just started reading the first article you posted.

His first argument is that the stats before 1980s cannot be trusted. That's the best we have. Even if you cannot trust that, the numbers after 1980s also show similar numbers.
The second argument is that 1.90 dollars cannot be used as a measuring scale. The Hans Rosling book covers this aspect too. Stats are calculated based on buying power and still there is growth everywhere.

I can read the rest of the article. But I have never seen anyone give a valid counter argument. It's mostly stuff like "one cannot be happy if there are very rich people who have way more than them" which I don't believe in.
I haven't read the book and am not interested in doing so. I have however read many critiques of Pinker by people who understand this stuff a lot better than I do.

I'm not equipped to argue it in detail. I have no understanding of economics and don't pretend to (money astrology imo, and seemingly as accurate from my limited grasp of it). If you found it convincing then fair enough. I don't trust anything he says given the circles he freqents (man has bee pictured with Jeffery Epstein multiple times).

And remember, he is paid well by those who benefit the most from the current system to come up with conclusions saying the system is working.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Arteta is the only manager who won't say ****, he has no bottle.

He know's he somehow has wormed his way into a top job, set for life, he'll keep his mouth out of this the weasel.

Taneruit

Established Member

Taneruit

Established Member

Arteta is the only manager who won't say ****, he has no bottle.

He know's he somehow has wormed his way into a top job, set for life, he'll keep his mouth out of this the weasel.
Arteta didn't have a press-conference yet.....

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom