• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This idea is disgraceful & something has to happen. It makes us look worse considering we can't even beat Fulham anymore. What, are our board against us & want to see us getting done 4/5-0 week by week now?

In one way it makes Liverpool look stupid aswell tbf, they've got that theme going "You'll never walk alone" they might lose 75% of their fans now & they'll be alone with only a few other clubs then.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This idea is disgraceful & something has to happen. It makes us look worse considering we can't even beat Fulham anymore. What, are our board against us & want to see us getting done 4/5-0 week by week now?

In one way it makes Liverpool look stupid aswell tbf, they've got that theme going "You'll never walk alone" they might lose 75% of their fans now & they'll be alone with only a few other clubs then.
It’s guaranteed money and you can’t be relegated. When was the last time we played CL? At this rate we won’t for years.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

It’s guaranteed money and you can’t be relegated. When was the last time we played CL? At this rate we won’t for years.
Thats what I see it as aswell partly, money. We currently don't have the funds to get as many big players anymore hence why we've gone down & this is probably an idea by the board to get us back up there so we have the funds again.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Thats what I see it as aswell partly, money. We currently don't have the funds to get as many big players anymore hence why we've gone down & this is probably an idea by the board to get us back up there so we have the funds again.

It does not really matter that much anymore for fans, fans as us and the thing that football had over all the other sports overseas is dead with it.

The ultimate final future is best 22 players against one another anyways.
It's all a matter of another 10-15 years.

Let me be clear hear, Super League vs. katar wc, UEFA, FIFA?
Absolutely totally fine, nothing is better really, but that's not the point in the argument, it is not about what hierarchy does it, it's what concept is being followed, what it means to our diversity of clubs and the magic of small clubs earning their place among the best.

Diversity, small clubs are killed here.

Iceman10

Established Member
Pretty good chat on AFTV by Robbie and a couple of others on this by the way. It is what happens when ownership of clubs are foreign oligarchs and/or American. Many of these owners do not understand the roots of the domestic game and clubs that are deeply entrenched in the psyche of fans. The Kroenkes for example are far away, never even attending any matches. Their motivations have zero connections with any sports passion.

The irony of the pretty unanimous sentiment in this thread is this would be a shortcut for Arsensl to leapfrog back over Leicester, etc.. It would be artificial, but then again what knocked back Wenger quite a bit was the artificiality of City and Chelsea sugar daddies, now joined to a lesser extent by new ownership of Everton. The sentiment is right though, the soul of the game is being destroyed.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
7nov92-david-deins-euro-league-plan003.jpg

bergholt

If I was Arsenal or Sp**s (maybe even Liverpool) I'd be wary of this. If any club in the ESL was uncompetitive long term then it would hurt the "product" - no-one wants to see **** teams getting beaten 8-0 all the time.

Guaranteed down the track the biggest clubs will get together and put us up for relegation back to the EPL or whatever, we'll get replaced with Everton or someone in a heartbeat.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Big boy move this. We can’t get into the top European competition anymore and just make our own.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Top Bottom