• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton FC: Everten Points Deducted

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They’ll definitely come back up but in what state? The rebuilding process would take a bit of time too and I don’t think Pep or their top players will stick around for it imo.

Much harder than people assume. Remove Txiki Begiristain, Pep, Ferran Soriano etc from City and they’ll be back to square one. I expect Newcastle will fill that void.

Forget it Smoke. They ain’t getting sh*t.

1700229346235.png

Biggest problem with allowing state ownership is they can use levers that private owners can’t.

Thrice

If this point deduction for Everton is a precedent, then I'd be really worried if I was Chelsea and City especially.
They should both get relegated next year.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Perfect season to get 10 points deduction. They will be out of relegation place in 2-3 weeks

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If this point deduction for Everton is a precedent, then I'd be really worried if I was Chelsea and City especially.
They should both get relegated next year.

It won't be - that's why Everton are (rightly) furious. They know that points deductions won't be dished out to the likes of City and Chelsea.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Forget it Smoke. They ain’t getting sh*t.

View attachment 19848

Biggest problem with allowing state ownership is they can use levers that private owners can’t.

Football in the country is finito. Funny how the likes of Gary Neville and others keep on calling for an independent regulator like that will sort this out 😂

They should have listened back in 2003 regarding the Chelsea takeover and now it’s snowballed into something even worse imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Football in the country is finito. Funny how the likes of Gary Neville and others keep on calling for an independent regulator like that will sort this out 😂

They should have listened back in 2003 regarding the Chelsea takeover and now it’s snowballed into something even worse imo.

Would say it mirrors a decline in wider society we’ve seen as a result from late stage capitalism but fear that may be too political for some on here 👀

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Everton and PL relegation, hasn’t been a will-they-won’t-they this dramatic since Ross and Rachel.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Everton admitted a breach and much simpler/more recent facts. City fighting every point tooth and nail…
Yeah I think Everton also pushed for this to be concluded last few weeks when they realised even 10-12 points deduction they will be fine.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

These things do eventually bite you on the arse. I could see City and Chelsea getting hefty fines and maybe 12-20 point deduction.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Everton are in a position of power RE Chelsea and City now. It’ll kick off massively if City and Chelsea don’t receive AT LEAST similar sanctions.

So expect something similar at the very least. For our sake I hope it’s this season.

Would say it mirrors a decline in wider society we’ve seen as a result from late stage capitalism but fear that may be too political for some on here 👀

Late stage capitalism. People just sliding past that our grandparents fridges and vaccum cleaners lasted for 50 years while my generation has to by new one every two years almost...

Tom Mix

Disgraceful. This is what they'd love to do to us if they had a chance. There is a growing stench of corruption around English football which will kill it.

Fully expect the English Premier League to resite itself somewhere in the Arabian peninsula in my lifetime.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Should have thrown the book back at Chelsea in 2003 when they were sold for £1 by Ken Bates to Abramovich. They proceeded to spend ludicrous sums of money that summer. None of these clubs should have been anywhere near the sort of success they then enjoyed in a such a short time frame.

The Premier League has been implicit in allowing dodgy ownership and corruption to fester for so long.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Laughable - fight it all the way Everton, it’s a disgrace.
Will get reduced on appeal you’d imagine. Doesn’t look good for Man City surely. They can’t be that stupid.
That's what you get when your club is run like a circus. Directors resigned and not adaquately replaced, a Chairman 'working' while on his deathbed, etc. I have no doubt that at some points we were likely paying four or five previous managers' salaries still.
Can't say too much, I'm absolutely fuming. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels. Let's get 40+ points then get the 10 points back , win Carabao Cup and Qualify for Europe..
Leeds, Burnley and Leicester want to sue us 😂
The PL has declared war to this football club literally and hoping indeed that we just stay silent, the media stay silent...we have to make it ugly every match day week for the league to understand that they can't get away with it. The bigger ever premier league point deduction ever, and everton to get it first...
We broke the rules and an independent commission looked at both sides arguments and agreed with the premier league.
What an absolute crock of [Poor language removed]. The basically forced us to spend next to nothing to be in compliance with THEIR rules then turn around and say "nope, just kidding you still are going to be hit". I honestly REALLY hope their are massive banners everywhere saying "BUT YOU CAN'T PUNISH THE SUPPORTERS OF THE SCAB 6" and the like. Not a single thing done to them. Im just apoplectic at how blatant the farce is.
We should withdraw our ground from the bid for whatever it is Euros? at the very last second!
Very surprised I can't lie. Definitely has a showtrial feel to it. We were an easy target and they've gone for us. The club has been run poorly so this is on the board. But the punishment has to fit the crime. I don't think the 10pts will stick after an appeal. Either way we'll take our medicine. Rather we get hit now rather than March or April. 2pts from safety and those around us are weaker than Leeds, Leicester and Southampton. This only galvernises us. Ready for the fight. UTFT

Mixed reactions, as one could expect.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom