<

Ex-Gunner Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by Bossa, Sep 10, 2010.

1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

have the media learned nothing from the treatment of Sterling? smh

krengon and Riou like this.
  2. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Good stuff from the media, pointing out at his complete lack of style.

3. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

How sad a life must you live to look at this picture and genuinely get angry about it? :lol:

Does he not realise footballers go on holidays when the season is finished?

krengon and American_Gooner like this.
  4. American_Gooner

5. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Spot the difference ;)

Macho, American_Gooner and Riou like this.
  6. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...a Spanish man laughing at a black man being called fat... @GDeep™ words just get truer each day.

Also @American_Gooner ,Cesc laughing at an Arsenal league winner, can't be having this...someone needs to batter the little Chelski rat...

[​IMG]

American_Gooner likes this.
  7. American_Gooner

[​IMG]

Furious, squallman and Riou like this.
  8. Camron

Camron Established Member

Reading Alexis Sanchez agreed to a paycut to go and play football at Inter instead of bleeding his club dry.

9. American_Gooner

:lol: Had a feeling this would be the case, still going to watch tho

Riou likes this.
  10. vantoure

vantoure Well-Known Member

Strange tweet, wonder if he watched it. I got a the complete opposite impression.

For example, he took the blame for his time at Madrid. Even acknowledged that he didn't particularly enjoy the UCL trophy nor the 2000 Euros, because he didn't play well.

Similarly blames himself for the chelsea loss to United in 2008 UCL for his penalty miss.

Other players were also complementary of him

krengon, Macho, Riou and 1 other person like this.
  11. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

What did he say about leaving Arsenal?

vantoure likes this.
  12. vantoure

Lol interestingly he didn't show any remorse even considering his time at Madrid wasn't particularly good.

He stated that after helping arsenal to the title, he thought it was time to move to a "better club". I thought OUCH :lol:.

He came across as forthright and straightforward in the documentary, which is why that tweet felt strange. I didn't get a feeling of him passing the blame at all.

Riou likes this.
  13. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

He went to the club that won the Champions League, guess he got us there :lol:

Which club did he like playing for the most/have the most affinity towards in his career?

vantoure likes this.
  14. vantoure

He didn't indicate. I'd forgotten he actually played for Liverpool and Westbrom.

Although he seemed to indicate that Liverpool was a fitting club for him (on loan from PSG in 2002), but there was a misunderstanding, where he wasn't sure that Liverpool wanted to sign him on a permanent basis, thus his handlers had started looking for a new club. This pissed Houllier off as well.

I do think he may have enjoyed his time at Chelsea though. Seems he and Drogba were somewhat close

Macho and Riou like this.
  15. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

He was very good for Chelsea tbf.

Think we were the peak of his career though, 1997-1999 he was amazing when he settled...think him and Vieira got on very well.

vantoure likes this.
  16. vantoure

Yeah, he his peak performance was at Arsenal. All the others were just glimpses into what he could have been. Shame really.

Wenger hinted the same in the documentary, that he peaked too early (performance wise) with a tinge of what could have been.

The documentary was a good watch, and IMO, he appears to be a level headed (maybe introverted) person, that expects respect from people. When he's disrespected he then explodes more than he should.

Wenger, Titi and Vieira all aligned with this thought too.

Interesting, he and Titi appear to be somewhat friendly. I always thought there'd be beef between them for some reason :)

krengon, Macho and Riou like this.
  17. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

I agree with @vantoure thoughts, would definitely recommend watching I thought the documentary was dope.

Tom Williams tweet is definitely weird, Anelka is extremely direct and actually takes full ownership for a lot. Very unapologetic for most of it as well.

A lot of it wasn’t new but what surprised me the most was how revered Anelka is amongst his peers. I also didn’t know all those French players were so close they literally all grew up together.

18. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

I just realized Wilshere has less than 200 games played over his entire career.

o_O

And for some reason it still feels too high.

19. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Long video. But I can watch it on repeat for a whole day:

20. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Lichtsteiner retired.