Ex-Gunner Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by Bossa, Sep 10, 2010.

1. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  2. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

When you read stuff like this you realise what a massive club Arsenal are, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Things mightn't be going in the way we want, I question the board and our overall ambition but we're a massive club with a huge global reach. So many footballers would give anything to be at this great club.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  3. Heskey

Heskey Well-Known Member

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but my girlfriend has ordered me this Arsenal shirt for 5th year anniversary with Wright on the back:
    [​IMG]

And seeing as I'm trying to learn more about the history Arsenal was through before I became a fan a bit more than a decade ago I was looking into Ian as well.

Stumbled upon this piece of absolute purity. Ian's pure reaction and Pigden's kindness hit a soft spot.

4. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

...even though he was quite up and down here, always thought he had potential to be a top keeper, shame our goalkeeper coaches were ****...like Wilshere one of my absolute fav characters to play for this club, plus he ended the nightmare that was Almunia...wonder who grassed him up in the shower though :lol:

:drool:

Heskey likes this.
  5. Heskey

Heskey Well-Known Member

The 2013 thread made me look back through transfers in the past seasons, and the Eduardo situation was brutal on so many levels.

What couldn't it have been with Eduardo..

Bought for £12M the season Henry left, a big fee for us back then.
    3rd biggest transfer fee we paid between the year 06/07 - 10/11. And for him to then basically be ruined half a year after..

[​IMG]

He got injuried after he had finally gotten into a rhythm and look at the next 5 games after then. Season got lost in that time. Squad must've been in absolute shambles after that **** Taylor broke him.

Had some immaculate finishing, knew where to position himself, and I love how he would chest the ball before a first time finish. Demands so much balance and technique to do multiple times with succes.

Macho, freeglennhelder2 and Riou like this.
  6. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner Well-Known Member

Which ex player do you despise the most ?? For me, got to be Stewart Robson. No competition

Riou likes this.
  7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

This wasn’t even a rivalry unless you were Ruud Van Nistelrooy or some Utd fans.

According to Rio and Neville, Ruud was obsessed with scoring more than Henry, after games he would run to the tv to see how many Henry had scored.

Henry on the other hand didn’t even care, gave assists and let others take penalties and still scored more than Ruud.

There are levels to this and Henry is in a level of his own, Arsenal fans saw the greatest striker in English football history, greatest foreigner to ever player here, King Titi.

Macho, krackpot, Squillaci and 3 others like this.
  8. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Van Nistelrooy was a top striker but wasn't even half the player Henry was, anyone who watched the 2 could see that.

krengon and GDeep™ like this.
  9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Nistelrooy was a deadly finisher, he could score all sorts, would rate him higher than Kane and maybe just below Aguero if he was around now. I probably prefer him to Aguero.

He was that good I think, but still a level below Henry ffs.

krackpot likes this.
  10. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

The only PL player you can compare to Henry was Ronaldo in his best years at United, other than that every player is a couple levels below Henry.

11. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner Well-Known Member

Van Nistelrooy was not as good as Henry but he was very underrated. For me a top 10 striker in PL history

Macho and krackpot like this.
  12. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

13. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Honestly I respect this, good for him.

14. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

15. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

...can't believe it's already been a year, his passing really got me.

krackpot and freeglennhelder2 like this.
  16. freeglennhelder2

Road to 2006 CL final...2nd leg Arsenal vs Real. Arsenal desperatley clinging to 1-0 advantage and trying to wind down the clock. Reyes was fouled on the touchline and lay hurt outside the playing area.

Then slowly, surely, almost imperceptibly he rolls his injured body back onto the pitch. The Mardid players lose their minds, another delay to wind down the clock, thank you very much!

Rest in peace son.

Riou likes this.
  17. freeglennhelder2

In the run-up to the game, Fergie organized the hit with Steve Bruce over a glass of red wine. It was a bottle of Chateau Palmer I believe, cant recall the vintage.

18. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Mad Jens coming for Emery and the board, my ****ing keeper. :drool::drool::drool:

krackpot and Toby Andrl like this.
  19. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

He's on the Hertha Berlin board now. Let's see how he does.

krackpot and Tir Na Nog like this.
  20. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

@BigPoppaPump

This popped up on my recommendations.

...used to love how composed a motivated Per was, really balanced out Kos more aggressive style.

In 3 away game against the rest of the top four that season we let in 17 goals ffs.

But in the other 35 games, we only let in 24 goals, which is actually quite impressive really.

Think it shows we were a good team back then, but not a great one :lol:

Still enjoyed watching us.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 12:45 AM
    Macho, BigPoppaPump and Notorious Big like this.