• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I'm not going to lie. Over the past month or so, I've really started to find it difficult to maintain my dislike for Cesc Fabregas.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Emmanuel Eboue Documentary in French. Ah the good old days. :(

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfuYpc--F8E&feature=fvwrel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfuYpc-- ... ure=fvwrel</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYskUueyCU&feature=relmfu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYskUue ... ure=relmfu</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
GOONER1991 said:
I'm not going to lie. Over the past month or so, I've really started to find it difficult to maintain my dislike for Cesc Fabregas.
Me too, even after reports that he went on strike refusing to play to force a move.

I only truly hate RVP, Nasri, Adebayor and Cashley as former players.

MaestroCesc

GOONER1991 said:
Why i love him although he seems to have turned into a bit of a prat a Barca, seems like they have taught him their **** ways. But still he is one of my favorite players and a legend for Arsenal. I completely disagree with the hate for him on these forums, he loves Arsenal and follows them and unlike other **** the first thing he said in his first press conference at his new club was to thank Arsenal etc.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
GOONER1991 said:

I have never disliked Cesc, I always thought he had an agreement with Wenger, so what happened last summer could easily have happened the summer before.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
GOONER1991 said:
Why i love him although he seems to have turned into a bit of a prat a Barca, seems like they have taught him their **** ways. But still he is one of my favorite players and a legend for Arsenal. I completely disagree with the hate for him on these forums, he loves Arsenal and follows them and unlike other **** the first thing he said in his first press conference at his new club was to thank Arsenal etc.
Yes, he has turned into a bit of a prat. No, it did not happen while he was at Barca. It happened here.

No, he is not a legend for Arsenal. Legends win. Even the 1979 FA Cup winners are not legends: Not Sunderland, not Rix, not Nelson, not Talbot. Rice, yes, but then, he was on the '71 Double team. You have to be at Brady's or Jennings' level to transcend that. And I'm not even sure we can count Jennings: By his own admission, he's more a Tottenham man. Great job for us, but not an Arsenal legend. Brady transcended it, Fabregas did not.

And if Fabregas loved Arsenal, why didn't he stay? And why did he gift Barca that backheel? At the least, it was a subconscious betrayal. At the most, it was blatant sabotage of the club that made him a great player, which Barca likely would not have done.

Nothing Fabregas says about his "love" or "respect" for Arsenal can be believed. He is gone, and good riddance. He is not coming back, and we should not want him back. His presence, and Wenger's misplaced faith in him, kept Arsenal from achieving for 7 years.

el57

Legends don't win because this is a team sport.

Legends play like legends, but the team is the one who wins.

We haven't won a trophy for 7 years because the TEAM hasn't been able to do so. Cesc was almost never at fault, neither were a host of other capable and talented players we've had.

I hate this mentality, it's what causes people to want to leave Arsenal. They think "Trophies (and money....) are everything, I need trophies to be a legend and I am not close to a trophy here!" **** that. Theres more to football than trophies for both the players and the fans. If the fans deem Cesc a legend, then he's a legend, regardless of what the bloody silverware cabinet says.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
el57 said:
Legends don't win because this is a team sport.

Legends play like legends, but the team is the one who wins.

We haven't won a trophy for 7 years because the TEAM hasn't been able to do so. Cesc was almost never at fault, neither were a host of other capable and talented players we've had.

I hate this mentality, it's what causes people to want to leave Arsenal. They think "Trophies (and money....) are everything, I need trophies to be a legend and I am not close to a trophy here!" **** that. Theres more to football than trophies for both the players and the fans. If the fans deem Cesc a legend, then he's a legend, regardless of what the bloody silverware cabinet says.
I have no more patience for this kind of stupidity.

The team was built around him. More than van Persie ever was, Fabregas was the "one-man team." As he went, so went the team. The team would only go as far as he would take them. He hurt us even when he WASN'T trying to.

With Fabregas, Nasri was a pretty good player. Without him, Nasri was awful. It was like losing 2 players. And yet, when we actually did lose both of those players, the team finished higher than it did the last season with them.

Instead of calling him a legend, let's call him what he really was: Not part of the solution, but the central part of the problem. Getting rid of him was addition by subtraction.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:
No, he is not a legend for Arsenal. Legends win.

Do they? Nope. We've all been over this a thousand times and a TEAM - yes TEAM wins a trophy not an individual. Cesc carried us to the sub-winning level on his own.

And if Fabregas loved Arsenal, why didn't he stay? And why did he gift Barca that backheel? At the least, it was a subconscious betrayal. At the most, it was blatant sabotage of the club that made him a great player, which Barca likely would not have done.

I don't even know where to begin... Why didn't Henry, Vieira, Pires, Parlour, Campbell etc stay? You don't have to stay to love a club (Not that all of the players above loved Arsenal).

It was a subconscious betrayal? I don't believe even you believe that nonesense. Blatant sabotage? Come off it and stop being corrupt.

Nothing Fabregas says about his "love" or "respect" for Arsenal can be believed. He is gone, and good riddance. He is not coming back, and we should not want him back. His presence, and Wenger's misplaced faith in him, kept Arsenal from achieving for 7 years.

Ha. He was only our top runner, assist provider, captain and one of our highest goalscorers in that time. But sure, he was the problem, not anyone else... I'll go a step further and point out the immense performances he had against the likes of Madrid, Milan, Juve, Chelsea etc in his time here.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:
Instead of calling him a legend, let's call him what he really was: Not part of the solution, but the central part of the problem. Getting rid of him was addition by subtraction.

Yup, disgusting that Denilson, Almunia and Sylvestre never won anything with Arsenal because of the little Spanish ****.

Uncle Mike said:
I have no more patience for this kind of stupidity.

18627248.jpg

Proof

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:
Why did Fabregas gift Barca that backheel? At the most, it was blatant sabotage of the club that made him a great player.
Do you actually believe that he gifted that backheel on purpose ? :lol:

jerome2158

Established Member
certain people seem to be applying their own fan viewpoint onto players.

Players are not like fans in any way.

When they say they love a team, they mean it in an entirely different way than a fan does. Most fans love the team unconditionally due to a variety of reasons. We don't gain anything from it other than the emotions involved, and despite how much time we spend talking/reading about the club, our direct involvement is usually 90 minutes a week.

A club for a player is job. Apply it to any other job, and the fan mentality makes no sense. Say you work at company A and absolutely love it. Then company B comes along and offers you more money for the same work, so you take it. You've got no ill-will towards company A, but you've moved on for your own sake.

Proof

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
Players are not like fans in any way.

When they say they love a team, they mean it in an entirely different way than a fan does. We don't gain anything from it other than the emotions involved, and despite how much time we spend talking/reading about the club, our direct involvement is usually 90 minutes a week.

A club for a player is job. Say you work at company A and absolutely love it. Then company B comes along and offers you more money for the same work.
I completely agree with what you just said.

If I was a professional footballer playing for Real Madrid and after 5 years Barcelona would come up with a better offer I would sign for them, especially if I didn't win any major trophies during my time at Real Madrid. More money for the same work.

xinu

Mike you sound like a jilted girlfriend that is desperately trying to convice people you are over your lover by ranting about how he was never good for you and your better off without him but deep down you know you would have him back in a second and we all know it too lol

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Uncle Mike is a top quality Cesc troll. He's garnered 3-4 responses, great performance. Almost got me again, too.

Solid performance overall, I'd give him an 8/10 for effort.

Airknight

Established Member
Meh, this delusion of Cesc the legend will end as soon as we have winners again.

He can blab all the cute things he wants about us, Barca is his club, not Arsenal.. you don't leave before reaching your best years and get to be called a legend, that's how it works.

Hopefully this winner generation will come again under Wenger, the actual legend here, and Cesc will end up being a footnote, another one on the list of "good players we had"

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom