• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Ljunbeeeeeeeeeeeeeerg. Remember that curler against the Chavs in the FA Cup final? :bounce

He and DB10 had a telepathic understanding and it was a joy to watch. How did Dennis see Freddy's run when he had Montero and Tecchinardi literally on top of him? Genius.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Ag3tXiP70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Ag3tXiP70</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_F4dTBvTE&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_F4dTB ... re=related</a>

Good luck Freddy and Thanks for the amazing memory. You're and always will be an Arsenal legend and history will forever remember you as an important member of the Invincibles.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Mind boggling, even though I've seen the clip about a million times.

Not one for over glorification of past legends, but Bergkamp truly was something else.

dpt49

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Amaury Bischoff scored for Preusen Münster today, german third division side.
The great Amaury Bischoff.
Surely one of the finest footballers to have graced the European footballing stage and possibly one of Wengers finest signings.

draiocht fianna

dpt49 said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Surely one of the finest footballers to have graced the European footballing stage and possibly one of Wengers finest signings.

to be fair he didn't cost us anything. I believe that was a favour Wenger did to a fellow Alsatian.

dpt49

Established Member
draiocht fianna said:
dpt49 said:
redwhiteAustrian said:

to be fair he didn't cost us anything. I believe that was a favour Wenger did to a fellow Alsatian.
Possibly, but he had been injured a lot in previous seasons and was paid around 25k a week.

I seem to remember he was the last signing we made in that transfer window.
In the previous few days Wenger had promised another new signing, after another dismal transfer window, and Bischoff was that signing.

That's probably the reason I was a bit sarcastic :wink:

mr.mojo

no way was he paid 25k a week.

even wenger in the height of his stupid wage structure wouldnt give that to a reserve player.

draiocht fianna

mr.mojo said:
no way was he paid 25k a week.

even wenger in the height of his stupid wage structure wouldnt give that to a reserve player.

I don't believe that either. The Alsace connection thing seems logical to me. It wasn't the first odd signing Wenger made from that part of the world. Stefan Malz was another odd one.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Emmanuel Eboue ‏@TheRealEboue
Another draw game for the professors boys . #Arsenal would end up stronger than all you looserpool,ManDivided & Chelslut fc.

:lol:

Still think it's a fake account but it's a funny one nonetheless.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Emmanuel Eboue ‏@TheRealEboue said:
Everyone is suggesting I have a w@nk . What is the meaning of a w@nk ? You know my 1st language is french
:lol:

The comments of his followers are even more hilarious thinking that they're actually talking to the 'real' Eboue. :lol:

Uncle Mike

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
Uncle Mike said:
The team was built around him. More than van Persie ever was, Fabregas was the "one-man team." As he went, so went the team. The team would only go as far as he would take them. He hurt us even when he WASN'T trying to...

Instead of calling him a legend, let's call him what he really was: Not part of the solution, but the central part of the problem. Getting rid of him was addition by subtraction.
Not sure if this post is serious or not?

But if it is... Cesc really didnt backheel it on purpose. He carried a team with rubbish players for 3 years and gave us 5 amazing years. Trophies dont define legends, their service to the club does. Cesc just came at the wrong time when we were just challenging for top 4 most seasons and had a really bad defense. If he had had better team around him we would have won alot of trophies. The team was only built around him because that was the only chance we had of winning.

You could see how much Arsenal meant to him in his press conference at Barca. I dont blame him for going to Barca, it was his boyhood club his dream club, he just picked up another love along the way
Carried a team with rubbish players for 3 years? So van Persie (whatever we think of him personally) is rubbish? Walcott is rubbish? Wilshere is rubbish? Sagna is rubbish? Vermaelen is rubbish? Szczesny is rubbish? Even Almunia wasn't always rubbish. This argument of yours is rubbish. He HAD a better team around him than any team in the League except Chelsea and MAYBE ManUre. He was the one it was built around. He was supposed to be the leader. What did he lead us to? Close calls and nothing to show for it.

Service to the club defines a legend? Then he is no legend. He didn't serve the club. He served himself.

"Came at the wrong time when we were just challenging for top 4 most seasons and had a really bad defense"? Are you truly that ignorant? He came in 2004, when we were Champions -- the Invincibles. The defense was Lehmann, Lauren, Campbell, Kolo Toure, Cole.

You can see how much Arsenal means to him by the fact that he was willing to do anything to get out. If he gave a **** about Arsenal, he would have stayed. You don't leave the club that made you great to go to your hometown team when you're 24. You do it toward the end, to cap your career.

Legend? No, he could've been a legend. As Brando would say, he coulda had class, he coulda been a contender, he coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what he is. As Drogba would say, Fabregas is a ****ing disgrace.

I'll say it again, just to show you that I am serious: I have no more patience for this kind of blatant stupidity, or this kind of chosen ignorance.

baccy_man

Established Member
Henri Lansbury has passed a medical to take him to Forest, a youngster that did not manage to make the break through.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_8028118,0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_8028118,0.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

el57

Forest is a good team with good history, hopefully Lansbury can help bring them back to the PL.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom