• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

jerome2158

Established Member
GDeep said:
Nasri has had alot of sly digs at us too, ''you concentrate on your 4th place, I'll concentrate on winning titles''.

this is the part I always find funny.

here's the thing....we DO concentrate on 4th and nothing else. We were done talking about our 2013 title aspirations in september of 2012. And last season while Nasri was collecting his winners medal, we were all relieved that we nicked 4th by the narrowest of margins thanks to some of the worst goalkeeping the league has seen in decades.

That old "wenger curse" about players leaving being worse off is dead. Look at fabregas, van persie, nasri and song...do you think any of them wishes they could be part of a side that struggles to draw bradford then loses?

Uncle Mike

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
GDeep said:
Nasri has had alot of sly digs at us too, ''you concentrate on your 4th place, I'll concentrate on winning titles''.

this is the part I always find funny.

here's the thing....we DO concentrate on 4th and nothing else. We were done talking about our 2013 title aspirations in september of 2012. And last season while Nasri was collecting his winners medal, we were all relieved that we nicked 4th by the narrowest of margins thanks to some of the worst goalkeeping the league has seen in decades.

That old "wenger curse" about players leaving being worse off is dead. Look at fabregas, van persie, nasri and song...do you think any of them wishes they could be part of a side that struggles to draw bradford then loses?
Usually, I have to watch Fox News to get this much delusion in so little space.

First of all, Anybody who wants Wenger to "spend some ****ing money" needs to realize that he'll have a LOT more ****ing money to spend if he gets us to qualify for the Champions League. If we don't, there goes that ****ing money to spend, and THEN where will Arsenal be? Then, Arsenal WILL be stuck in "midtable mediocrity."

Second of all, "We were done talking about our 2013 title aspirations in september of 2012"? What do you mean "We," white man? (I'm white, too. I'm citing an old joke where the Lone Ranger tells Tonto "we" have to kill the approaching Indians.) We were this far back than this much later than this in 1998 and we won the Double. And that was when United were a much better team than they are now.

Third of all, we did NOT nick 4th by the narrowest of margins. We finished 3rd. "The narrowest of margins" was that by which Nasri got off the bench to claim his medal.

Fourth of all, out of "fabregas, van persie, nasri and song," only Robin van Rat is even getting much playing time. As far as being able to contribute to anything, only the Diseased Dutch Elm is better off after leaving Arsenal. The others are afflicted with a condition known as Hlebitis.

And fifth of all, do you think any of those four players gives a rat's ass about his league's league cup? Clearly, they didn't give much of one while they were with Arsenal.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
GDeep said:
Why would anyone want Nasri back? The guy is a snake. Wenger signed him, developed him, stuck by the lad through his leg break and what does Samir repay him with? Leaves at the first chance after a few good months. Atleast Cesc stuck around for multiple years, Nasri jumped ship ASAP. I think Nasri betrayed Wenger and the fans.

**** Nasri. Another who will regret leaving Arsenal, in the background at City already, next step is a loan to Sp**s.
Prediction: Nasri WILL be acquired by Sp**s when they hire their next British manager, just as a poke in Wenger's eye.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just come here to say is Carlos Vela is doing fantastic job at his new club Real Sociedad .

8 goals 3 assist from 16 games this season. 12 goals 8 assist last season.

he is good player Real Sociedad coach playing him as striker. sadly he never make it here cuz wenger always played him as winger.

evoh_1

Established Member
Never suited this country some players aren't built for playing in england Vela is one of them. I expect we have a huge % of his resale fee coming our way down the line.

Airknight

Established Member
He won't achieve more than that with his lazy attitude so oh well.

Can't say Wenger didn't give him chances, there's only so much he can do for you if you forget your passport.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nasri starts in the vast majority in City's big games regardless of what we want to believe. Fabregas and Song would rather sit on the bench play a few games and win medals than slug it out for forth spot - can you blame them?

A lot of bitterness directed at players, understandably, but time to move on. At the end of the day the players that said they left to win things have oddly enough won things while making themselves a lot richer in the process. They done what they said they set out to do and RVP and Song look likely to be doing the same this season, move on.

kooldawg

Established Member
bingobob said:
Nasri starts in the vast majority in City's big games regardless of what we want to believe. Fabregas and Song would rather sit on the bench play a few games and win medals than slug it out for forth spot - can you blame them?

A lot of bitterness directed at players, understandably, but time to move on. At the end of the day the players that said they left to win things have oddly enough won things while making themselves a lot richer in the process. They done what they said they set out to do and RVP and Song look likely to be doing the same this season, move on.

+1, agree with you mate. I understand the hate that some people here have against these players, calling RvP judas might make you feel good for now but will not change the fact that he is en route to win something barring a few miracles.

Time to move on.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
kooldawg said:
calling RvP judas might make you feel good for now but will not change the fact that he is en route to win something barring a few miracles.

Time to move on.

You got it backwards, the fact that RvP is en route to win something doesn't change the fact that he is a traitorous snaky Judas twát.

Agree though that it's time to move on, although I can understand it to some extent it's a bit sickening to see people crying in the EPL thread every time he scores.

dpt49

Established Member
Why do so many people hate RVP?
What's he done wrong?

He told Wenger he wanted to play with better players." Wenger told him, and the media, we would be buying "super quality" players and then every transfer window we end up with bargain basement rubbish like Chamakh, Park and Squillaci.

He is almost thirty and he was never going to win the league if he stayed here, so he moved to a club where he has more chance of a trophy.

Also he was earning only marginally more than the players I mentioned, and also several more that couldn't even get on the bench.

Who wouldn't have done the same thing?

He has more than doubled his wages and is playing for a club where winning a trophies happens quite frequently, rather than a club that considers fourth place a trophy.

Calling him a traitor is just childish.
Remember he pretty much got us our "trophy" of fourth place last season, single handedly.
He owes us nothing, and I will remember him as one of our best players.

a_fourteen

Established Member
bingobob said:

song was voted worst la liga transfer for 2012 and pep wanted to sell cesc and his boyfriend pique before he had his meltdown. so...

a_fourteen

Established Member
dpt49 said:
What's he done wrong?

He told Wenger he wanted to play with better players." Wenger told him, and the media, we would be buying "super quality" players and then every transfer window we end up with bargain basement rubbish like Chamakh, Park and Squillaci.

He is almost thirty and he was never going to win the league if he stayed here, so he moved to a club where he has more chance of a trophy.

Also he was earning only marginally more than the players I mentioned, and also several more that couldn't even get on the bench.

Who wouldn't have done the same thing?

He has more than doubled his wages and is playing for a club where winning a trophies happens quite frequently, rather than a club that considers fourth place a trophy.

Calling him a traitor is just childish.
Remember he pretty much got us our "trophy" of fourth place last season, single handedly.
He owes us nothing, and I will remember him as one of our best players.
“Arsenal showed faith in Robin when he was going through a lean time, so we should not repay them by thinking about other clubs."
- Bouchra van Persie

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Who would take Cesc back?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8393688/Cesc-Fabregas-could-return-to-Arsenal-one-day-according-to-Arsène-Wenger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ene-Wenger</a>

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
psycho said:
Who would take Cesc back?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8393688/Cesc-Fabregas-could-return-to-Arsenal-one-day-according-to-Ars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ing-to-Ars</a>ène-Wenger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes Yes and Yes

But he'll have to fall our of favour at Barce and he's playing much, much better this term

dpt49

Established Member
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
dpt49 said:
What's he done wrong?

How long have you got?
How many people would have not done exactly what he did in the same situation.

He is a professional footballer who has got no chance of winning the league here and who was being paid almost the same as Chamakh and Arshavin.

He has gone to a club where he has got a much better chance of winning a trophy and also the chance to play for a club where their ambition is winning trophies rather than getting fourth place.

He will also get paid more than twice what we paid him.

He heard from Wenger, and the board, promises about buying quality, and these did not arrive. Instead we sold all our best players and replaced them with lesser one's.

So he has got a lot better chance to win trophies and is doubling his wages.

Would you seriously not have done exactly the same thing?

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom