• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 15/2/04

sanyasi

hope to repeat the performance on saturday.

the cup will be fascinating, if manyoo arsenal face off in the quarter finals.

we can win the cup 3rd time in a row, plus most probably ranieri is getting fired, unless they do something special on saturday...

leongsh

Andrew said:
I haven't seen the goal, but it sounds similar to Henry's against Man City. Is it?

Yes it does but from the opposite side of Thierry Henry - from the right side.

;D Gosh, I'm so pumped - I can't stop grinning ;D ;D ;D

EAT YOUR HEART OUT, CHELSEA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Andrew

Pat's missing Gerbil said:
we will now draw the mancs at old ****ford

Probably. We've really deserved the FA Cup over the past couple of years, and now we've faced 3 premier league opponents in a row. They really want to make us deserve it this year! Personally I hope that Manure and us stay on the other side of the draw so we can perhaps meet in the final.

mood

Im glad he has not been called up for Spain.. because the Spanish boss claimed that he should adapt his football first. So I guess Reyes is going to be at his best to get back to the Spanish squad. One of his main objectives, I suppose.

Pat's missing Gerbil

The draw for the sixth round of the FA Cup will take place at 1330 GMT on Monday, February 16. It will be covered live on BBC2, BBC Radio Five Live and Sky Sports News.

Arsenal will be No 6 in the draw after beating Chelsea 2-1 at Highbury.

Draw numbers:

1. Manchester United
2. Tranmere Rovers
3. Millwall
4. Sunderland or Birmingham City
5. Sheffield United or Colchester United
6. Arsenal
7. Liverpool or Portsmouth
8. Fulham or West Ham United

Andrew

Pat's missing Gerbil said:
The draw for the sixth round of the FA Cup will take place at 1330 GMT on Monday, February 16. It will be covered live on BBC2, BBC Radio Five Live and Sky Sports News.

Arsenal will be No 6 in the draw after beating Chelsea 2-1 at Highbury.

Draw numbers:

1. Manchester United
2. Tranmere Rovers
3. Millwall
4. Sunderland or Birmingham City
5. Sheffield United or Colchester United
6. Arsenal
7. Liverpool or Portsmouth
8. Fulham or West Ham United

It's about time we have luck on our side. I think that not drawing Manure or Liverpool would be considered good luck for us in this competition. Us drawing a side like Tranmere is unheard of lately.

jc8gooner

Yeah, Tranmere at Higbury would be ideal, althoguh we can't underestimate them. They must be OK to have got this far.

A home draw is the best we can hope for really. We should be able to beat all those sides at home, on our day.

JazzG

Established Member
Good win for us. Thought we were terrible in the first half, our passing in general was terrible and we let Chelsea come onto us. So many simple passes were going wrong. Improved in the 2nd half though and bring Edu on helped us. Was quite scrapy though, a lot of fouls and the ref gave yellows out way to easily.

Mutu scored a real good goal, good control and finish. Terrible kick by Lehmann though. Paddy got quite frustrated in the 1st half, he was surrounded by Lampard, Parker and Makelele at times! They did this on purpose and he was getting annoyed.

Great goals by Reyes, that will give him a lot of confidence. That first one was superb, can't hit a ball more cleanly than that! Also will shut the Mancs(and some other fans) up who have been taking the piss since that goal against Boro. In the spanish league he had a habit of coming to life in the big matches, with Henry out and so many others our injured I wondered where our goals would come from. Reyes came alive and hopefully will settle in, overall was average and didn't get into too many good positions. Reminds me of Henry so much when he first joined us, at times it looked like Henry was lost on the pitch or something.

Bergkamp, Vieira + Campbell were superb. Can't believe how well Bergkamp was at times, haven't seen him play this well for a few years!

Could almost sense the fans at Chelsea thought this was their day, haha :D :D

Without Henry I feared the worse as he has created and scored so many.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We showed a lot of character to come back from a goal down. In the end we deserved the win and played some exceptional football on the way. Couple of great of goals from Reyes, which shows the quality that he possesses. We got a bit luck with Gronkjaer's goal being dissallowed but overall we were the better side.

Lehmann: Apart from his shocking kick, which led to Chelsea's goal I think he had a pretty solid game.

Lauren: Again didn't do much wrong and coped pretty well with Gronkjaer and Cole

Toure: Had another superb game. Toure and Campbell are getting better and better with each game.

Campbell: Sol was superb. Nothing got past him today. The best defender on show imo.

Cole: He was causing Chelsea all sorts of problems in the first half with his probing forays. Cole was unlucky not to score. Gave a disciplined defensive performance in the second half.

Parlour: Didn't have his best game but was combative as always. Hope his injury isn't serious.

Vieira: Was the driving force with another masterful performance. Made Lampard look second-rate. Also provided a greater attacking threat in the second half that Chelsea had no answer to.

Gilberto: He had an awful first half. His passing was all over the shop and fluffed his chance early on. Gave a vastly improved performance on the right in the seond half as the game got stretched.

Pires: Didn't have his most influential game but still provided more then enough problems for the Chelsea defence. His play on the left with Cole is often the key to our attacks.

Bergkamp: Was simply magnificent. Showed he has still got the class and vision to unlock any defence. Was arguably was MOTM.

Reyes: Had a quite first half but still showed class with some nice touches. His two goals was magnificent. Confidence visibly increased after his first goal. Was unlucky not to get a hat-trick after having a couple of attempts blocked in a melee in the Chelsea box.

Edu: His passing was good when he came on. imo We got on top of the Chelsea midfield when Edu came on.

Clichy: Great outlet when the game is stretched. Made some good runs and kept the ball pretty well.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think what changed the game is what wenger said to the players at half time, especially to vieira. too many times in the first half where we complaning to the referee about tackles, fouls e.t.c That was distracting us from our game. At the end of the first half, vieira was arguing with durkin into the tunnel. significantly at the start of the second, he shook hands with him. from then on it spread to the rest of the players. there was no longer any back chat e.t.c we were able to concentrate on foorball and pull off a fantastic comeback.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
It was amazing how many free-kicks we conceded in dangerous areas in the first half. The team was generally more disciplined in the second half. Vieira was immense. He is becoming a great leader.

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i think what changed the game is what wenger said to the players at half time, especially to vieira. too many times in the first half where we complaning to the referee about tackles, fouls e.t.c That was distracting us from our game. At the end of the first half, vieira was arguing with durkin into the tunnel. significantly at the start of the second, he shook hands with him. from then on it spread to the rest of the players. there was no longer any back chat e.t.c we were able to concentrate on foorball and pull off a fantastic comeback.

I agree, Vieira was getting very frustrated but in the 2nd half he cooled down.

Parker was getting at him and tackling him hard and fast, Vieira was wondering what was happening as he wasn't getting any time on the ball.

reyes 1st goal was amazing even better than henrys against southampton :eek: i just hope we play him again at the weekend against chelsea might score a hat- trick this time if he plays that good and henry as well chelsea will have no chance

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom