• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal v Liverpool | Saturday August 29 | KO: 16:30 BST | BT Sport

Who Will Win The Community Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Nah Atleti have technically perfect midfielders that could play for any club in the world but Simeone uses them to play awful defensive football. We make do with average ones.

Yea someone like Saul could play for Barca if he wanted to. It'd be interesting if a new coach went to Atleti and did to them what Arsène did for us in 1996.
Coach a team to play attractive, attacking football while maintaining the incredible defensive structure of the previous regime.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I have no idea where Saka will end up on the field.

He looks able to play about four different positions really well. Genuinely looks like a quality 10 today.

Scary. Probably a decade since I’ve seen an Arsenal youngster this talented.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
And Liverpool they'll get found out most teams are improving thier squad and klopp is afraid to improve his midfield. Total depending on Mane and thier fullbacks.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Makingtrax face down in the mud until we run out of luck...
There's a reason I wanted Arteta after Wenger went, when you were all lusting after Emery, and this is it. Was even happy to put with people laughing at me.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'm not a fan of 3 at the back formations but it is cool this adaptation of Arteta's which is very much a 4-3-3 with the ball, Tierney very much looking like a LB despite starting as a CB.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Some players handle pressure differently. Not sure what it's gonna take for Reiss for the penny to drop. It may never drop, as sad as I am to say (you guys know I'm a huge fan).
Reiss won us the last game against liverpool. was instrumental for both goals.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yea someone like Saul could play for Barca if he wanted to. It'd be interesting if a new coach went to Atleti and did to them what Arsène did for us in 1996.
Coach a team to play attractive, attacking football while maintaining the incredible defensive structure of the previous regime.
They pay Simeone like 40-50M a season right, to play trash football. I know he took them from nothing and made them a big name but perhaps its time to move on and build on those foundations.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
LMAO Elneny started. How has he played? He is Arteta kind of player.
Prime Pirlo.
fyea.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully he does come good though, why do you think he was able to score quite a bit in Germany? Was it less pressure due to not being expected to score? Or circumstantial?
There was less pressure definitely. I don't think anyone expected him to score 7 in the 1st half of the season. The problem is that he was still unrefined in some aspects of his game and Nagelsmann - rather than give him the opportunities - benched him every time he did something good and it definitely affected his confidence. He played very little the 2nd half of that season and ever since then he's been much more reserved and fearful in possession. Even now he's not playing as freely as he was in his initial breakthrough.

He needs to recapture that freedom again and expression, that can only come with more confidence and trust. But he has to force Arteta's hand in matches as well as training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom