• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmile

Established Member
because we are already in the semis of the LC against Chelsea which are coming soon

AND because we are not in the CL AND because we are out of the race for fourth realistically- which means the Europa league has much more significance if we are to get in the CL next year

I feel like the facup is about as low of a priority as it has ever been for us...

will probably see a few unknowns

it feels like the Europa league and league cup should be our two priorities really...

Crazycarrots

I think this time last year with Wenger serving a ban and Bould in charge we won 5-0 in the FA cup against Southampton.

Let’s hope for a similar score against Forest.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger ought to rest as many key players as possible for this. Top 4 should be our priority, not the FA Cup. Refs have taken 4 points off us recently and we need to get them back.

FACups are like smarties in our trophy cabinet and our fans don't give them any credit anyway.

Come to think they don't give top 4 any credit either, but we need CL football unless we win the EL.:lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Quite the conundrum with the league cup semi-final looming. Though I want us to attempt to win the league cup, I don't want that at the expense of the cup that has become synonymous with us.

We should play a balanced side reminiscent of the most recent Europa league fixtures but with some steel so as not to underestimate a determined Forest side. We must further our dominance of the FA Cup.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Wenger ought to rest as many key players as possible for this. Top 4 should be our priority, not the FA Cup. Refs have taken 4 points off us recently and we need to get them back.

FACups are like smarties in our trophy cabinet and our fans don't give them any credit anyway.

Come to think they don't give top 4 any credit either, but we need CL football unless we win the EL.:lol:

Hold your tongue, man!! Any of our fans who discredit the FA Cup don't deserve to support Arsenal.

We've ambitions to reach the pinnacle of football, though sadly such ambition is not shared by our craven owner.

But that doesn't mean the cup should be besmirched as a second rate trophy, I've celebrated every one we win since I started supporting from 1993 to last May's sweet victory against the chav brigade.

Much as the league has become United's forte, the cup has become our refuge, till a time we can threaten United's dominance again. (Yes I'm completely discounting Liverpool as they're no longer the benchmark any club with ambition aspires to emulate :lol:)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I for one would like to win the FA cup, actually. Imagine 4 wins in 5 years? Even our neanderthal critics would have to admit that's pretty impressive.

My desire to lift silverware is only equalled by my desire to not see Liverpool/Sp**s/Man Utd lift any silverware this season. Don't really care about City or Chelsea for some reason. But seeing those 3 not win anything would be delicious.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I for one would like to win the FA cup, actually. Imagine 4 wins in 5 years? Even our neanderthal critics would have to admit that's pretty impressive.

My desire to lift silverware is only equalled by my desire to not see Liverpool/Sp**s/Man Utd lift any silverware this season. Don't really care about City or Chelsea for some reason. But seeing those 3 not win anything would be delicious.
4 wins in 5 years would be incredible. But nobody's going to admit it's impressive, I've learnt that much. The media and social media campaign against Wenger is pretty much complete.

In fact I read and heard what Wenger said about ex Forest manager Brian Clough. He was very respectful and at one point said,'When I was young I looked at the big managers who were very successful. For me then, Brian Clough was a guy on another planet.'

But the headline on Sky was 'Wenger: Clough was on another planet' which of course implies he thought he was crazy, which many people did actually think. :lol:

There's hundreds of examples of this stuff.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I want us to go all out for the FA Cup - if Arsenal, who has won it more than any other team, doesn't respect it, then who will?

and the FA Cup final at Wembley gives a great day out to the fans, and we don't get too many of those these days

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Chelsea struggling at Norwich? There's no easy games in football anymore.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Forrest will make their ground as noisy and as intimidating as possible, they'll not make it an easy game for us. I expect our lads to come through though and assuming the likes of Welbeck, Walcott, Coquelin, Mertesacker, etc play then their experience should be the difference.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Oh people will 100% be celebrating top 4 if we got it this time. Think fans would kill to go back to the 4th place every season Arsenal at this point. At least we played good looking football then.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Ospina

Debuchy Mertesacker Holding/Chambers *unsure with LB

Elneny AMN

Nelson Iwobi Walcott/Welbecchio

Lacazette

*Kola/Monreal if fit? I'd rather see AMN in midfield.

Then rest Laca midweek. The main thing is that all regular first teamers get a break either today or Vs Chelsea.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Coquelin's definitely starting this, Wenger has said as much basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom