• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A-M were happy to write off Tavares and Sambi, but are backing Vieira to the hills. Interesting....

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A-M were happy to write off Tavares and Sambi, but are backing Vieira to the hills. Interesting....
Not me. Was delighted when Tavares was starting even though it was shortlived and couldn't understand why everyone was down on Sambi when he did his bit to properly start our revival. They're both done here tough imo and Vieira might be loaned into oblivion

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Fwiw I don't even think Vieira does anything in that game and that's no slight on his ability, I just think many underestimate how tight a game that was.

It just makes me laugh that a few said it would probably take 2 seasons to see anything from this guy or called him a project and they were shut down for supposed negativity.
@GDeep™ has done it again? Vividly remember him saying it would take two years.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Arteta says Vieira is now ready for more minutes, physically and adjusted to the team and tactics. And like I said earlier, I assume he will play more in those midtable and below games during the rest of the season, to give some rest to Ødegaard.

“He is in a much better place,” said Arteta. “I think physically he has reached the level now where he can compete at the standards that we want.

His understanding of what we want to do is much, much better and now it is my role to give him the right minutes in the right position, in the right environment, to fulfil his potential. But I am really happy with him.

“We all obviously try to give him all the possibilities that he requires [to settle in a new country]. Then you have to leave the player as well, to feel and settle where he has his place in the squad.

“It is very clear, he is very close with a few players. They have been really supportive of him and he looks happy. I think he would like to play more minutes, but in general he looks really happy and he has adapted well to the team.

Buhry

Established Member

Arteta says Vieira is now ready for more minutes, physically and adjusted to the team and tactics. And like I said earlier, I assume he will play more in those midtable and below games during the rest of the season, to give some rest to Ødegaard.

This is aging like milk

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
In Spain we call a hairy person female or male a feminine portuguese (portuguesa) 🤣

Anyways, the shockers that people have had with this player over the summer...

@Heavy Duty Rom 👀
soccer mourinho GIF by nss sports

Buhry

Established Member

This is aging like milk. 2 assists after starting since a long while, on a bad pitch.

Last proper game he started was 0-2 win against Wolves, 12.11.2022.
2 very good assists for sure, that first half was dreadful though. Really doesn't look ready physically, gets bullied off the ball too easily. But he does have a great left foot.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Second half masterclass...

sad-t-bag.gif

...never in doubt.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

2 very good assists for sure, that first half was dreadful though. Really doesn't look ready physically, gets bullied off the ball too easily. But he does have a great left foot.
I suggest you give him time. He has been here 6 months with no pre-season, and last proper game was 2 months ago.

We all knew he doesn't have much muscle yet. People love to jump to conclusions and bash own players as soon as possible.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Two months since his last proper game and it showed. He really stepped it up in the second half but it's evident that he can't play with second tier players

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I won't be conned by 2 assists. The appeal with Vieira is the final ball, but that won't matter much if he can't improve in the other phases of play. The moment it opens up for him and he has some time, he can produce a final pass, but crowd him, bully him or make him face his own goal and he'll buckle, he doesn't have any sort of physical capabilities, not strength, not speed, not agility.

Melquiades

I won't be conned by 2 assists. The appeal with Vieira is the final ball, but that won't matter much if he can't improve in the other phases of play. The moment it opens up for him and he has some time, he can produce a final pass, but crowd him, bully him or make him face his own goal and he'll buckle, he doesn't have any sort of physical capabilities, not strength, not speed, not agility.

100%

He has some talent and a good final ball if given time and space but he’s a square peg in a round hole in an Arteta system built around running and pressing and tempo and speed.

He’s not the same player as Pepe but it’s kind of the same effect. Has some talent but just doesn’t really fit with what the manager wants and what the other 10 players on the pitch are doing.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom