• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This Diaby debate just reminds me of how poor this forum is. The guy literally had a career ending injury at 21 or something, never got his career back. A bit like Ramsey although Ramsey did manage to salvage something out of his career but definitely could've been a much better player.

There is an interview with him somewhere on Youtube where he speaks about it, really unlucky what happened to him
Diaby was about to start CL final at 19 for our greatest team ever before the injury. People who couldn’t see his talent are ******

Tnegs

We’ve done doubles and had an unbeaten season but no that’s not good enough. Our greatest team is the one that literally scraped 4th on the last day courtesy of some very dodgy lasagna poisoning at Sp**s. All just to big up Diabolical. Weird weird people.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Diaby is the ultimate example of a player who gets better while injured. Most overrated player I’ve seen in almost 30 years of supporting this club. Flashy with 0 substance.

He was Pepe before Pepe was a thing and Pepe actually did more than Diaby.

This is bullshit , Diaby contributed a lot more than Pepe over the years . Also he would have been a hell of a player in this team .

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This Diaby argument was played out when I joined in 2014 ffs.

How’s it still going on almost a decade later 💀

Brought him up as an example of Arsenal fans having unreasonable standards for young players. The dude was a pivotal players at like 19/20 pre-injury yet somehow still divided opinion. This doesn't happen with other clubs' fanbases, at least now from what I've seen.

Fabio Vieira just turned 23 days ago and came into this season injured. Barely any pre-season while trying to settle in a new league and country. The obvious response here is to give him some time, but you already have posters here writing him off completely, saying he's a worse signing than Pepe (???????????????) etc.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Brought him up as an example of Arsenal fans having unreasonable standards for young players. The dude was a pivotal players at like 19/20 pre-injury yet somehow still divided opinion. This doesn't happen with other clubs' fanbases, at least now from what I've seen.

Fabio Vieira just turned 23 days ago and came into this season injured. Barely any pre-season while trying to settle in a new league and country. The obvious response here is to give him some time, but you already have posters here writing him off completely, saying he's a worse signing than Pepe (???????????????) etc.

You’ve been on here since Diaby was 20?

Pushing OAP status ffs

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You’ve been on here since Diaby was 20?

Pushing OAP status ffs

Was lurking yeah, but made my account in 2010. Was more talking in general though, it goes beyond just this forum.

There has been so many players at Arsenal that performed to ridiculous levels around the age of 20-22 that it almost feels like players are just given up on if they reach the age of 23 and aren't world beaters. It's made even worse with the increased longevity of playing careers these days where many players play at close to peak level up to like 32-33 or even above that.

Osimhen went to Napoli for like £65m. It took him 3 seasons to live up to that valuation. There is not a single person on here who would've wanted Osimhen after his 20/21 season, but he was given time to settle and develop, and now every club in the world wants him, including basically every poster on here.

I'm not saying Vieira will be as good as Osimhen, but it's a clear example of a player needing some time to find his feet and a reason not to just write someone off after one season.

Tnegs

This is bullshit , Diaby contributed a lot more than Pepe over the years . Also he would have been a hell of a player in this team .

Pepe had a bunch of great games when we won the FA Cup. What did Diaby do? Ooh game at Anfield and..uhhh…umm..ooh but what about that game at Anfield eh?

Not saying Pepe was a good signing but he did do more than Diaby.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is being written off because he has clear weakness that are hard to overcome. He is physically nowhere near up to it and he lacks quickness. You can be weak in the pl if you are nimble and can create space like Bernardo silva type of player

But what will change next season for him? Not every player deserve 2-3 years

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Pepe had a bunch of great games when we won the FA Cup. What did Diaby do? Ooh game at Anfield and..uhhh…umm..ooh but what about that game at Anfield eh?

Not saying Pepe was a good signing but he did do more than Diaby.

He was a good player just a rung down from Fab , didn't read the game as well others in that team , I remember Ramsey replacing him at Dm against Stoke because they were running past him , but carrying , holding and general dominance in mid . I remember Aston Villa , Newcastle away , him playing 2nd striker against United . He had a **** load of technical talent.

Tnegs

He was a good player just a rung down from Fab , didn't read the game as well others in that team , I remember Ramsey replacing him at Dm against Stoke because they were running past him , but carrying , holding and general dominance in mid . I remember Aston Villa , Newcastle away , him playing 2nd striker against United . He had a **** load of technical talent.

Let’s be honest if he was actually that good we wouldn’t be having this debate. Do you see anyone denying how good Wilshere was pre injury? That’s because he was that good. Can you imagine Diabolical dominating that Barca midfield in his debut season?

You know who had a ****load of technical talent too? Pepe. Incredible ability to beat a man and then beat him again and then run the ball out of play.

Search your feelings Luke you know it’s true.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Let’s be honest if he was actually that good we wouldn’t be having this debate. Do you see anyone denying how good Wilshere was pre injury? That’s because he was that good. Can you imagine Diabolical dominating that Barca midfield in his debut season?

You know who had a ****load of technical talent too? Pepe. Incredible ability to beat a man and then beat him again and then run the ball out of play.

Search your feelings Luke you know it’s true.
Wilshere didn’t dominate Barca midfield. He had few great moves to escape pressure. Barca completely dominated the midfield in that game.

Tnegs

Wilshere didn’t dominate Barca midfield. He had few great moves to escape pressure. Barca completely dominated the midfield in that game.

He was absolutely awful that’s why he most definitely didn’t get the man of the match award and Pep certainly didn’t call him a top talent after that game. No wonder you rate Diaby.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He was absolutely awful that’s why he most definitely didn’t get the man of the match award and Pep certainly didn’t call him a top talent after that game. No wonder you rate Diaby.
Guardiola actually said wilshere was lucky to be in Arsenal first team because there are no pressure on Arsenal to win titles and they have many wilsheres in their reserves

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Guess I was wrong, Diaby was a pretty divisive player for Arsenal fans 😅

See Wilshere is getting strays here too now for no reason, lovely stuff...what about Santi while we are at it lads, him getting "dizzy" that one time hasn't been mentioned for a bit?

I wonder if other fans go after their own players like we do, I swear we are the most backward fanbase on earth!

NZgunner

As for Vieira, GDeep was spot on, he’s a project. Vieira’s problem is he’s an unfinished project in a team who can suddenly challenge for the league.
Project. **** I hate that word.

Sure, as a young player he hasn't developed to his full potential - but the baseline is just so low, and Vieira has shown no indication whatsoever that he will adapt to the pace and physicality of English football.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom