• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Pundits?

Since when was their word gospel?

I have no idea how much we have to spend, but ultimately, the proof is in the pudding.

Because i said it was didn't i

The fact is some of them have a hell of alot more info than we have and whether you like them or not, they know their stuff

JazzG

Established Member
For around £15mill-£18mill he might be worth a punt but close to £30mill is far too much imo. Maybe he will turn out great but his performances imo have not justified that kind of fee. For that kind of money he would have to be guaranteed to be a huge hit but this guy might be another Reyes and not like the weather or physical nature of this league. Liverpool might have the money and fair play to them if they wanna take that kind of risk but I reckon we could sign two quality players for that money and that's the route I'd take.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
we got spaniards here man in cesc and fran....but in all honsety rafa ins one himself and a few over there....
he has it all like tevez but hes weak minded , maybe another chance wont hurt, id be up for it considering nothing aint happening yet
wenger can bring him back and buy noone, it can happen!!

dos1986

Established Member
Torres is well over priced, £26.5m is a rip-off.How can 75 goals in 173 games in La Liga not warrant such a price...

Think a stint in the premiership will go to show how overrated he is. Same goes for David Villa imho.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
i no lol but thats what he thinks...its just quotes like that why he gets critisized by many, vela will no doubt be a top player in the world, just not now, once he comes arsenal, we have got a real deal in the making in our hands

Alfonso

Established Member
MisterTalentScout said:
Carlos Vela is better then Torres .

On what basis, natural talent? How can you judge someone who has only played to a certain level, i.e Under 17 World Cup and the second division in Spain to someone who was Spain's top goalscorer in the World Cup and generally proven in La Liga? I dont think one has enough evidence to warrant a statement such as the one you have made, unless its based on pure natural talent or a gut instinct. But natural talent can only take you so far, you need to justify a reputation. I think a better wording would have been 'Carlos Vela will be better than Torres', but I assume you wanted to generate the hype angle.

Its like saying Fran Merida is better than Iniesta. He may well be in 4 years time, but for now it is a huge difference looking good when your playing in youth tourments against kids the same age than when your playing in top division football agaisnt experienced pros who know the game inside out. No matter how talented a youngster is preceived to be-untill they actually make a big impact in real time in a real league then they are nothing but hype.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
30 million is just too much. what on earth is the world coming to? 16.5 million for bent (even for sp*rs, thats idiotic)? 27 million for Torres? this is getting ridiculous.

MisterTalentScout

Alfonso said:
MisterTalentScout said:
Carlos Vela is better then Torres .

On what basis, natural talent? How can you judge someone who has only played to a certain level, i.e Under 17 World Cup and the second division in Spain to someone who was Spain's top goalscorer in the World Cup and generally proven in La Liga? I dont think one has enough evidence to warrant a statement such as the one you have made, unless its based on pure natural talent or a gut instinct. But natural talent can only take you so far, you need to justify a reputation. I think a better wording would have been 'Carlos Vela will be better than Torres', but I assume you wanted to generate the hype angle.

Its like saying Fran Merida is better than Iniesta. He may well be in 4 years time, but for now it is a huge difference looking good when your playing in youth tourments against kids the same age than when your playing in top division football agaisnt experienced pros who know the game inside out. No matter how talented a youngster is preceived to be-untill they actually make a big impact in real time in a real league then they are nothing but hype.

Waste of a post , I said what i did to see the reactions and you certianly was the brightest rabbit that popped out the hat , Bravo Bravo

Alfonso

Established Member
MisterTalentScout said:
Waste of a post , I said what i did to see the reactions and you certianly was the brightest rabbit that popped out the hat , Bravo Bravo

Your on crack mate.

kooldawg

Established Member
thegame24 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007300277,00.html

lol so is torres

incredible!!

The yanks are gonna piss their pants, doesnt look like they have a choice either. The inter bid works against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom