• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.

run

kooldawg said:
thegame24 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007300277,00.html

lol so is torres

incredible!!

The yanks are gonna piss their pants, doesnt look like they have a choice either. The inter bid works against them.

American sports owners are used to paying more than that to average players...still it is a ridiculous amount of money.

Dez

Good on him, Id want ****loads too if i was him. Leaving HIS club, may as well make it worth it.

guinertron

the whole thing is a farce, how can he now turn round and say he wants 31.5 million, we are better off sticking clear of players like him. The problem is now though is player power is getting out of hand. Torres tells Athletico he wants to leave for Liverpool both clubs agree a fee, then he demands a stupid amount of money, crass ****!!! Liverpool should pull the plug and Athletico dump him in the reserves. I'm glad we have no intention of taking him. And the over inflated price tag at 15 million he is pushing his worth but 27 million get out of it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
we might be having the better deal by now signing him. i don't think for a minute we would sign him anyway.

let liverpool have him for that hyper inflated price

AFCG7

Established Member
That is a ridiculous amount of money... madness... Liverpool are desperate for a striker but i feel they are getting shafted if they are forced to splash out that kind of money on Torres. Its no wonder no other club seems to be persuing him...the Inter story is probably a ruse by his agent to get Liverpool to accept the deal.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
MisterTalentScout said:
Waste of a post , I said what i did to see the reactions and you certianly was the brightest rabbit that popped out the hat , Bravo Bravo

You're a strange bird. You rip me a new backside over one comment I made in a different thread, insulting my football intelligence and calling me a crappy fan, and then you post something like you did above just to try and instigate? That seems a tad odd.

As for Torres, I hope he falls flat on his face.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
we got 7.5m for eduarda da silva, that kind of striker normally costs around 3 to 4 m in those leagues.

liverpool is paying 27 m for torres, who is around 15m market value.

werder managing director said he dosent want to sign anybody yet because the market is inflated. quite true

asajoseph

Established Member
The market's been inflated for ages now.

It's the same as it's always been - there are bargains out there if you're smart enough to find them, and in recent years, Arsène's done a stirling job of it.

dos1986

Established Member
Paddy from Sweden said:
Asa,

Close this now that a deal is done and dusted.

Why?

Whats up with everyone asking Mods to lock threads now?

Is it seen as cool,worried about the bandwidth?

I personally dont care if they ever lock a thread

Grampus_Eight

arsenal_hleb said:
we got 7.5m for eduarda da silva, that kind of striker normally costs around 3 to 4 m in those leagues.

liverpool is paying 27 m for torres, who is around 15m market value.

werder managing director said he dosent want to sign anybody yet because the market is inflated. quite true

I think Schaaf (age 46) could be Wenger's eventual replacement. He might be too old once Wenger moves on, but his work at Bremen has been perhaps as close to Wenger as you could find. A builder.

A Bremen since 1972.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-fernando-torres-2011565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... es-2011565</a>

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger wants to bring Fernando Torres to the Emirates, write Dean Jones and Dave Kidd of the Sunday People .

And Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is ready to let the Spaniard leave.

The shock Gunners move comes as Blues insiders claim Mourinho considers only FIVE of the Chelsea squad are certain starters for the new season.

Spanish wizard Juan Mata and Brazil defender David Luiz are NOT among the five – and could also be waving farewell to the Premier League this summer.

But it’s news of Arsenal’s move for striker Torres – who is wanted at the Emirates along with Real Madrid star Gonzalo Higuain – that will create shockwaves.

The ambitious Gunners board are desperate for star signings after years of letting their biggest names leave.

Torres, on duty in Brazil at the Confederations Cup, is not sure if he figures in Chelsea’s plans. He will speak to Mourinho this week – and Arsenal will move fast if he gets the thumbs-down.

Their main target is still Argentinian front-man Higuain, but Torres and Wayne Rooney are on the radar .

Luiz and Mata are also sweating on Mourinho’s call and with the returning Blues boss expected to tell Luiz he is no longer a starter Barcelona will be waiting in the wings.

And Mourinho is thought to prefer Oscar in the No.10 role supporting a main striker, believing the Brazilian is a more attacking threat than Mata.

Only five Blues stars are certain starters for the coming season – Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Eden Hazard and Oscar.

That means Mourinho will try to bring in six players before the transfer window closes – and he knows that a £35million fee from Barca for Luiz could help fund new recruits.

Brazilian star Hulk of Zenit St Petersburg, Mario Gomez of Bayern Munich and AC Milan hitman Stephan El Shaarawy are all on Mourinho’s wishlist – along with Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: unlock the fernando torres thread!!

If we are delaying the signing of Higuain so that we could sign Torres I think I will lose my mind.

This article is total garbage, but I do hope that Mourinho wants to sell Mata and Luiz. That would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom