• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah I didn't like him when I tried him in drafts. Right now I'm saving up for Mid Cantona. The way the game plays this year means that he's going to be basically unstoppable inside and outside the box.

Which 442 are you using? If you want CDM action you can use the 442(2) so they sit slightly deeper as a default. I use it to beat constant pressure rats because you can put both CDMs on the new Deep Lying Playmaker instruction which basically makes it so that you always have an extra player to pass to in the buildup and they're less likely to venture forward when you don't want them to once you enter the attacking third.

Messi is brilliant when hes got the ball but falls down without it. Will miss him to a certain extent as not only can he do a lot with the ball hes also a set piece god, free kicks and corners were so easy with him.

Standard 442 for me, I'm slowly putting a team together but its very difficult with this new chem system, Sergio Ramos is a pain in the ass because I dont want any other PSG players, I wish he just stayed at Madrid!

Whats really annoying though is I want another favourite of mine which is Raul, however he has no impact on Ramos chemwise which is so stupid.

Heroes have better impact.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Messi is brilliant when hes got the ball but falls down without it. Will miss him to a certain extent as not only can he do a lot with the ball hes also a set piece god, free kicks and corners were so easy with him.

Standard 442 for me, I'm slowly putting a team together but its very difficult with this new chem system, Sergio Ramos is a pain in the ass because I dont want any other PSG players, I wish he just stayed at Madrid!

Whats really annoying though is I want another favourite of mine which is Raul, however he has no impact on Ramos chemwise which is so stupid.

Heroes have better impact.
Yeah the icon chem is totally messed up. I feel like there is a decent idea somewhere in the new chem system but the execution has been woeful.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah the icon chem is totally messed up. I feel like there is a decent idea somewhere in the new chem system but the execution has been woeful.

To be honest its really turning me off the game at the moment.

Squad building is a headache, any upgrade is a headache.

Batman

To be honest its really turning me off the game at the moment.

Squad building is a headache, any upgrade is a headache.
Between that an the insanely low pack weight it is a bit irritating for sure. The gameplay is generally better but all of the other problems remain along with some newer ones.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Between that an the insanely low pack weight it is a bit irritating for sure. The gameplay is generally better but all of the other problems remain along with some newer ones.

Its pretty bad to be fair, I noticed today the market is dead too, I paid 250k for Messi, hes now like 190k, Marquinhos is fodder price, Llorente is 15k etc and it will keep dropping and dropping.

I looked at Icons but whats the point with the mids when the proper Icons come out usually December.

All golds barring maybe 20 suck, promo cards are so random that they're a pain to get into squads without using crap you dont want

Like you said the gameplay is actually good for once but game feels a bit dead and have you seen how half assed the World Cup mode is?

I'm also getting a bit bored of the big guy forwards as well, its great they are an option this edition BUT they are all straight line runners; Haaland, Morientes, even CR7 to an extent, they're all peak running in a straight line but due to the interception, auto tackle circles around CB's and drop back they suck on the ball 9/10.

Its just becoming hassle, I want CR7 but I dont want any other Utd players, I want Ramos but I dont want any PSG players etc, I want Diego Simeone as my manager but need to have a certain nationality to boost up chem, I want Sterling but cant get him in without English players and even then it needs to be 4+..

This weekend I am rolling into WL with an awful squad because I literally cannot be bothered to go rain man and build a squad, handicapping myself with multiple off chems and players I give no sh!ts about.

I'm starting to think go one nation or one club again etc but then I got a ****ing Alaba untradeable that cost a fortune!!!

I could go back to Real Madrid past and present but its restrictive and still has its own issues of having to shoehorn in Casemiro or Varane etc just to use CR7..

Hah, this ****ing game, definitely my last FUT, when they lose the FIFA license I'm not doing this again :lol:

Batman

Its pretty bad to be fair, I noticed today the market is dead too, I paid 250k for Messi, hes now like 190k, Marquinhos is fodder price, Llorente is 15k etc and it will keep dropping and dropping.

I looked at Icons but whats the point with the mids when the proper Icons come out usually December.

All golds barring maybe 20 suck, promo cards are so random that they're a pain to get into squads without using crap you dont want

Like you said the gameplay is actually good for once but game feels a bit dead and have you seen how half assed the World Cup mode is?

I'm also getting a bit bored of the big guy forwards as well, its great they are an option this edition BUT they are all straight line runners; Haaland, Morientes, even CR7 to an extent, they're all peak running in a straight line but due to the interception, auto tackle circles around CB's and drop back they suck on the ball 9/10.

Its just becoming hassle, I want CR7 but I dont want any other Utd players, I want Ramos but I dont want any PSG players etc, I want Diego Simeone as my manager but need to have a certain nationality to boost up chem, I want Sterling but cant get him in without English players and even then it needs to be 4+..

This weekend I am rolling into WL with an awful squad because I literally cannot be bothered to go rain man and build a squad, handicapping myself with multiple off chems and players I give no sh!ts about.

I'm starting to think go one nation or one club again etc but then I got a ****ing Alaba untradeable that cost a fortune!!!

I could go back to Real Madrid past and present but its restrictive and still has its own issues of having to shoehorn in Casemiro or Varane etc just to use CR7..

Hah, this ****ing game, definitely my last FUT, when they lose the FIFA license I'm not doing this again :lol:
Yeah the move is honestly to sit on your coins until after Black Friday. The market is going to plummet again between this Friday and next because people will panic thinking that they can buy WC heroes and the market will shoot up again when they realize how expensive the top tier ones are. Every year is the same. Guys like Messi will be 100k in a matter of weeks. It definitely makes the most sense to go untradeable as long as you can and just save your coins for when the God Tier cards drop into your budget range. I'm not even stressing, I can win with a pretty cheap team and every week I just try to time when I buy the couple of players I need to add to my team so I minimize tax loss. I really don't care about chem at all though unless I need it to make a player lengthy. It's honestly a placebo this year more than any other year. None of these players feel any different on 1 chem vs 3.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah the move is honestly to sit on your coins until after Black Friday. The market is going to plummet again between this Friday and next because people will panic thinking that they can buy WC heroes and the market will shoot up again when they realize how expensive the top tier ones are. Every year is the same. Guys like Messi will be 100k in a matter of weeks. It definitely makes the most sense to go untradeable as long as you can and just save your coins for when the God Tier cards drop into your budget range. I'm not even stressing, I can win with a pretty cheap team and every week I just try to time when I buy the couple of players I need to add to my team so I minimize tax loss. I really don't care about chem at all though unless I need it to make a player lengthy. It's honestly a placebo this year more than any other year. None of these players feel any different on 1 chem vs 3.

Pretty much agree, I'm waiting on Neymar or Mbappe as they are the only two I'd take from PSG to boost my Ramos. I'm not convinced on Renato, I think hes been carrying hype for years, like hes good but a promo card will be better imo.

Where I do disagree though is chem, dont get me wrong the difference between 2, 4 and 8 chem etc isnt very noticeable in game BUT some players it makes them feel smoother with the right chem and to be honest my most used chem style is engine and always has been cos its what I find to smooth out so many cards.

I'm currently offloading every high-ish priced card I have and just gonna sit, the other problem is theres hardly anything to buy, so many players plain suck.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Screenshot_20221102-201729_Chrome.jpg

@Batman this is what I'm rocking until I can figure it all out and when the crashes take place.

All full chem as well, only player I need to buy is Vazquez which I'll get after rewards tomorrow but hes like 60k so no real loss.

Morientes 125k
Navas 65k
Vazquez 60k
Merino 25k
Courtois 50k
Marquinhos 28k
Ramos 400k

Thats the current prices above, the rest are untradeable, Ramos' price is the only one I care about but at the moment he is 70k up on what I paid for him.

Morientes will dip around 80/90k which is fine, the rest are all peanuts really, Marquinhos is fodder price, Merino can drop 10k at most, Vazquez will half in price but meh, Courtois will hold value due to fodder price, Navas will stay around 50k as he always does.

So yeah, not fussed at all.

This WL I'm going to use a lot of loans as well, got Mbappe for 8games, Zidane for 3, Rooney for 23.

Got 600k in coins and still all my investments, just gonna ride out the wave, see if I can invest and then reasses come December.

Batman

View attachment 10339

@Batman this is what I'm rocking until I can figure it all out and when the crashes take place.

All full chem as well, only player I need to buy is Vazquez which I'll get after rewards tomorrow but hes like 60k so no real loss.

Morientes 125k
Navas 65k
Vazquez 60k
Merino 25k
Courtois 50k
Marquinhos 28k
Ramos 400k

Thats the current prices above, the rest are untradeable, Ramos' price is the only one I care about but at the moment he is 70k up on what I paid for him.

Morientes will dip around 80/90k which is fine, the rest are all peanuts really, Marquinhos is fodder price, Merino can drop 10k at most, Vazquez will half in price but meh, Courtois will hold value due to fodder price, Navas will stay around 50k as he always does.

So yeah, not fussed at all.

This WL I'm going to use a lot of loans as well, got Mbappe for 8games, Zidane for 3, Rooney for 23.

Got 600k in coins and still all my investments, just gonna ride out the wave, see if I can invest and then reasses come December.
Looks good. The only card I'm willing to hold and lose money on is Neymar. He's just so disgusting at CAM and he creates so many opportunities that it's worth whatever the eventual loss is to always have him in the team. He and Virgil are my two most expensive tradeable players right now. Everyone else is either untradeable or below 50K and I'm very happy with the way my team is playing. I'd rather sit on my coins for another 2-3 weeks and be in a position to maybe scoop up Mbappe and Cantona for 30% less than what they cost now.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If I remember you got to catch the crash at the right time. Whenever the expected crash is, the real crash happens a few days before.

Batman

I also have 600k, hope Gullit or mid-Seedorf drops into that price range soon.
I could see it happening right before Black Friday. This is probably the best his Base card has ever been with the lengthy meta. I bet Zidane is even better than last year too. So many cards that could be way more viable this year.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Looks good. The only card I'm willing to hold and lose money on is Neymar. He's just so disgusting at CAM and he creates so many opportunities that it's worth whatever the eventual loss is to always have him in the team. He and Virgil are my two most expensive tradeable players right now. Everyone else is either untradeable or below 50K and I'm very happy with the way my team is playing. I'd rather sit on my coins for another 2-3 weeks and be in a position to maybe scoop up Mbappe and Cantona for 30% less than what they cost now.

Yeah I think I eventually want Neymar paired up top with CR7.

I get you though, I feel that way about Ramos, I'm happy to lose a lot on him, not that I think I will, hes like a 93 rated CB in game, he will last until when I'm done with the game.

Batman

If I remember you got to catch the crash at the right time. Whenever the expected crash is, the real crash happens a few days before.
I would be looking at this Sunday to potentially be the start of the next really big crash. Right now there's no leaks on a big promo and the TOTW is super undewhelming so while supply might be kind of low I also think that demand is going to be super low because nobody will be sweating WL like the last 2 weeks with Neymar and Mbappe and everyone will be trying to keep their coins for next Friday when the WC tie in drops and the new Heroes come out.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I could see it happening right before Black Friday. This is probably the best his Base card has ever been with the lengthy meta. I bet Zidane is even better than last year too. So many cards that could be way more viable this year.

Any idea when the next patch is due? I'm guessing season 2?

Fully expecting EA to nuke something ie lengthy, the game definitely needs a few touches to correct a lot of the nonsense.

Batman

Yeah I think I eventually want Neymar paired up top with CR7.

I get you though, I feel that way about Ramos, I'm happy to lose a lot on him, not that I think I will, hes like a 93 rated CB in game, he will last until when I'm done with the game.
Yeah I liked CR7 when I used him for WL a couple of weeks ago. He'd definitely be better with Neymar feeding him but honestly I'm still rolling with my untradeable Benz. I just love the way he plays. It's good that Ramos is doing the business for you, may as well keep him as long as you can. I think his price is pretty safe until TOTY because he does link to Ney and Mbappe and it might be his best card all year.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I would be looking at this Sunday to potentially be the start of the next really big crash. Right now there's no leaks on a big promo and the TOTW is super undewhelming so while supply might be kind of low I also think that demand is going to be super low because nobody will be sweating WL like the last 2 weeks with Neymar and Mbappe and everyone will be trying to keep their coins for next Friday when the WC tie in drops and the new Heroes come out.

That TOTW is ****ing tragic, its been dead for years.

Its crazy how a sh!t player can get a +1 in TOTW but if it was a promo they'd get monster stats?

Batman

Any idea when the next patch is due? I'm guessing season 2?

Fully expecting EA to nuke something ie lengthy, the game definitely needs a few touches to correct a lot of the nonsense.
I haven't heard anything about it yet. I don't expect them to touch lengthy but I do expect them to do something to make explosive a little better like maybe making the initial burst last an extra couple of strides. Lengthy is the way it is on purpose because this is how they want the game to play. Remember this time last year we had already had like 2-3 patches that had totally changed gameplay? The fact that we're almost 6 weeks in and they've done basically nothing but that little bit of dribbling tuning means they feel pretty good about where the game is. I also think it's clear that they're keeping lengthy meta because all of these player pick SBCs have one that clearly is geared to be lengthy on New Gen while the other is more of an Old Gen card.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah I liked CR7 when I used him for WL a couple of weeks ago. He'd definitely be better with Neymar feeding him but honestly I'm still rolling with my untradeable Benz. I just love the way he plays. It's good that Ramos is doing the business for you, may as well keep him as long as you can. I think his price is pretty safe until TOTY because he does link to Ney and Mbappe and it might be his best card all year.

Yeah its Ramos too to be fair, very popular player in general.

I looked at Benz again to replace Morientes but Morientes is one of those players I dont even like but he keeps on scoring, its actually annoying, kinda want him to slow down but he just keeps ploughing through, his general all round game is pretty poor, he is the same as Haaland, does nothing BUT score.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom