• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That TOTW is ****ing tragic, its been dead for years.

Its crazy how a sh!t player can get a +1 in TOTW but if it was a promo they'd get monster stats?
They pissed me off this week giving that Spud Betancur a 5 Star WF because he was the featured player but Martinelli didn't get a WF or SM upgrade when he was featured a few weeks ago.

Batman

Yeah its Ramos too to be fair, very popular player in general.

I looked at Benz again to replace Morientes but Morientes is one of those players I dont even like but he keeps on scoring, its actually annoying, kinda want him to slow down but he just keeps ploughing through, his general all round game is pretty poor, he is the same as Haaland, does nothing BUT score.
I couldn't get on with Haaland. Like don't get me wrong he was scoring like 4-5 a game for me but I felt he was oversimplifying my playstyle and making my play worse overall even though I was winning so I know what you mean about Morientes.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I haven't heard anything about it yet. I don't expect them to touch lengthy but I do expect them to do something to make explosive a little better like maybe making the initial burst last an extra couple of strides. Lengthy is the way it is on purpose because this is how they want the game to play. Remember this time last year we had already had like 2-3 patches that had totally changed gameplay? The fact that we're almost 6 weeks in and they've done basically nothing but that little bit of dribbling tuning means they feel pretty good about where the game is. I also think it's clear that they're keeping lengthy meta because all of these player pick SBCs have one that clearly is geared to be lengthy on New Gen while the other is more of an Old Gen card.

True.

I'm hoping for a patch to be honest, New Gen needs it I think, attacking play is fine but they STILL need to do something about drop back and passing.

Dribbling could still do with a boost in my opinion, still feels to sluggish on players it shouldnt do.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
They pissed me off this week giving that Spud Betancur a 5 Star WF because he was the featured player but Martinelli didn't get a WF or SM upgrade when he was featured a few weeks ago.

Arsenal are blatantly being screwed again, its why I wont touch OTW Jesus, EA are stingy giving out anything Arsenal due to our affiliation with Konami.

Batman

True.

I'm hoping for a patch to be honest, New Gen needs it I think, attacking play is fine but they STILL need to do something about drop back and passing.

Dribbling could still do with a boost in my opinion, still feels to sluggish on players it shouldnt do.
I genuinely think that some of these mechanics like dropback and inconsistent passing as well as the abhorrent constant pressure abuse are purposeful to make sure the little Timmies can feel competitive and will keep running mom's credit card through. They keep a built in crutch because terrible players spend money too.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I couldn't get on with Haaland. Like don't get me wrong he was scoring like 4-5 a game for me but I felt he was oversimplifying my playstyle and making my play worse overall even though I was winning so I know what you mean about Morientes.

Tell you a random one that destroyed me the other day.. Alan Shearer :lol:

Literally havent seen him in game ever, some guy put a few passed me with him!

Batman

Tell you a random one that destroyed me the other day.. Alan Shearer :lol:

Literally havent seen him in game ever, some guy put a few passed me with him!
That's crazy. Someone did that to me last year with Lineker. Put like 5 past me and I couldn't understand how.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I genuinely think that some of these mechanics like dropback and inconsistent passing as well as the abhorrent constant pressure abuse are purposeful to make sure the little Timmies can feel competitive and will keep running mom's credit card through. They keep a built in crutch because terrible players spend money too.

Probably, dont know why to be honest as all the whales who spend are adults.

Sh!t, to be fair if EA fixed things like drop back and passing which then improved the game I'd spend more money on it!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
That's crazy. Someone did that to me last year with Lineker. Put like 5 past me and I couldn't understand how.

On previous Fifa's I swear Lineker ws slept on, same with Michael Owen, they had that short speed dribbling style, I remember using Lineker and he was absolutely crazy BUT its Gary Lineker.. who is just boring.

Theres actually quite a few like that, 3* wf/skills/boring that dont get touched at all because of it but in the right hands can destroy you.

Davor Suker is also pretty hot but an unpopular bastard, Stoichkov is another whose deadly.

Theres also so many Icons that just need removing, Lampard for example, practically giving him away but still never seen him in game.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Just seen that Bentancur card, him paired with OOP Perisic as CM's would be 🔥

Shame the club though..

Batman

Probably, dont know why to be honest as all the whales who spend are adults.

Sh!t, to be fair if EA fixed things like drop back and passing which then improved the game I'd spend more money on it!
Yeah but I'm sure they have some kind of internal metric that says this is the most profitable route and there are a lot of adults who suck too. :lol:

Batman

Just seen that Bentancur card, him paired with OOP Perisic as CM's would be 🔥

Shame the club though..
Yeah I just could never. Tottenham players get discarded or thrown in SBCs when packed. I hate them in every reality, virtual or otherwise.

Batman

On previous Fifa's I swear Lineker ws slept on, same with Michael Owen, they had that short speed dribbling style, I remember using Lineker and he was absolutely crazy BUT its Gary Lineker.. who is just boring.

Theres actually quite a few like that, 3* wf/skills/boring that dont get touched at all because of it but in the right hands can destroy you.

Davor Suker is also pretty hot but an unpopular bastard, Stoichkov is another whose deadly.

Theres also so many Icons that just need removing, Lampard for example, practically giving him away but still never seen him in game.
What's so crazy is that Okocha is more expensive and desired now as a Hero with this change to chem than he ever was as an Icon. There really should be far more heroes and far fewer Icons.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
What's so crazy is that Okocha is more expensive and desired now as a Hero with this change to chem than he ever was as an Icon. There really should be far more heroes and far fewer Icons.

Shows how they've ****ed up icons, hoping they make changes to the chem in the next patch, especially if they're going to half ass alternate positions, I'm still annoyed Alaba doesnt have any..

Batman

Shows how they've ****ed up icons, hoping they make changes to the chem in the next patch, especially if they're going to half ass alternate positions, I'm still annoyed Alaba doesnt have any..
Yeah, he's one of the most versatile players in the world and his "rulebreakers" card is locked in 1 position. EA are a joke at times. Same as Fede Valverde's POTM being locked at CM when he plays RW for them most of the time.

Batman

Straight trash from rivals rewards yet again, took the 25k + untradeables.
I always take the untradeables. Best pulls were Courtois, Bruno Fernandes, Dembele and that discard OOP striker from Marseille who actually feels mental in game. All the rest was just fodder but it's fine because I'm anticipating at least 1 other Alaba level SBC in the next couple of weeks.

Batman

According to Sherrif, Zinchenko is getting an OOP SBC. Could be really good depending upon what positions he can play and if there's a WF/SM upgrade. Shouldn't be too expensive either.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
According to Sherrif, Zinchenko is getting an OOP SBC. Could be really good depending upon what positions he can play and if there's a WF/SM upgrade. Shouldn't be too expensive either.

Nation will F' me in the long run if I do it, also it needs to be CM/CDM or dont bother, when they put defenders as wingers etc it just feels weird.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
How Nelson hasn't got an IF? 5:0 win and not a single TOTW...

First time i got 10:0 in the Quali - think i'm saving all my packs. TOTW is bad expect of Mane and OOP cards aren't fitting in my team too.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom