• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Flamini trouble again

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
but he played 17 professional matches... he is totally unproven in the English League... and he is not one of the "highly rated" young prospects like Cesc (for whom we paid less than that).... of course, then there is the other principle: HE DID NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH MARSEILLE.. none, nothing, no professional contract.... and the FFF is the ONLY country in the world with that policy that has NOT been sanctioned by FIFA... so in principle, why should we pay them ANYTHING.. sure, to be nice guys, we can give them a little bit, but $3 million is absurd... talent or no talent...

of course, brianfrance, you may be a little more prone to side with the French because you are... but for the rest of the world, this makes no sense.....

goonerlove

Didn't Marseille have to agree to a transfer fee in the first place?

I don't get it... you accept a fee, let the player sign with Arsenal, then you complain about it? I could understand if they hadn't agreed to a fee and were upset that Arsenal were unsettling their player (which I have no idea if this is what happened).

Aren't there rules about all of this? Has this never happened before?

This is all very odd.

Goonerlove

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
goonerlove, i think in this case, there was no transfer fee specified because Flamini had yet to sign a professional contract with Marseille and was effectively a "free agent"

johe

This is probably just Marseille being bitter that their best talent dissapeared for greener pastures. And maybe at Arsène Wenger and Boro Primorac for the match-fixing trial in 93. After that incident Wenger swore never to have anything to do with French football ever again. I think even the French football federation were involved in it.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, if that is the case, then it makes my point even stronger, no? if we already paid them, then they should feck off and deal with it.... (we may have paid them a "nominal fee")

Split

brianfrance said:
He's 20, march 7th 1984, like me :!:

We should pay, that's all !

brianfrance said:
Considering his talent, 3$ is not expensive IMO

And I recall brianfrance saying "this is the happiest day of my life" (or something equally over the top) when it was first revealed we'd signed Flamini....

:idea: :idea: :idea:
:arrow: Brianfrance IS Flamini!!!!!! :shock:

brianfrance

Established Member
Split said:
brianfrance said:

brianfrance said:

And I recall brianfrance saying "this is the happiest day of my life" (or something equally over the top) when it was first revealed we'd signed Flamini....

Arjan saw me last month, he can confirm I'm not Mathieu :lol: :lol:

Arjan

brianfrance said:
Split said:
brianfrance said:

brianfrance said:

Arjan saw me last month, he can confirm I'm not Mathieu :lol: :lol:

Have to comfirm,
Brianfrance is NOT Flamini, he doesn't even look like him!

(Brianfrance was in Amsterdam during the Amsterdam Tournament, but not as a player, because players don't usually buy tickets!)
:wink:

Arjan

Adam said:
Perfect timing Arjan, heh.

yep, I am a bit like Pascal Cygan, sometimes a bit rusty and slow.
But mostly right on time! :D
And I can be trusted upon when needed, aks Brianfrance!

Oh, and I don't look like Cygan, ask Brianfrance again! 8)

slapz

Adam said:
Hah. I am starting to wonder what Amsterdam did to you Brian... heh.

You know how the french say they're great lovers... maybe he turned Arjan over to the dark side and they're now batty boys

lewdikris

Established Member
I think our European members are taking the spirit of liberty, equality and fraternity a bit too far here.

Tony Adams wouldn't have stood for this kind of thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom