• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Because he doesn't have clear talent like your Saka's/Martinelli's/Greenwoods.

Raw skill and ability no. But, he has strikers instinct, which can't be taught.

Although a couple of levels above Nketiah, Does Haaland have anything in his game that makes you say wow?!

I think Eddie will score goals throughout his career and is probably good for 10 Premier League goals.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm still hopefully Balogun will sign a new contract and then go on loan to a Championship club or german club.
Balogun is going to be a top PL striker in 3-4 years and could be our long term successor for Auba but if he refuses to sign then selling him this season is the only solution.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good luck to him and i hope we put buyback clause.

People must remember we can't keep everyone happy specially when you have excellent academy there will be alot of interest and if you don't give them chance they'll leave.

Kav

Established Member
If he has to go sell him to Brentford at a modest price and demand Benrahma in return. Or do a part exchange + fees.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Good luck to him and i hope we put buyback clause.

People must remember we can't keep everyone happy specially when you have excellent academy there will be alot of interest and if you don't give them chance they'll leave.

If not a buyback clause then a sell-on one. We should be trying to do that when selling all of our youngsters.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Raw skill and ability no. But, he has strikers instinct, which can't be taught.

Although a couple of levels above Nketiah, Does Haaland have anything in his game that makes you say wow?!

I think Eddie will score goals throughout his career and is probably good for 10 Premier League goals.
Yes, guy is a beast, has an amazing shot from anywhere. His movements without ball and he can link much better. Comparing Halland to Nketiah, this is Liverpool deluded fan level :rofl:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sounds like we are angling for a high fee, which means no sell on or buy back. Maybe not the most prudent but given the complete surplus of CF talent throughout the club currently and our need for immediate cash, theres solid reasoning.

Not much we can do about Balogun, he wants games in the 1st team for us right now and that isn't feasible. TJJ hasn't got that yet and Eddie has worked very hard and scored at every level for over 2 years to get a shot at CF for us,.not to even mention Martinelli as the bonafide option. Its gonna be frustrating seeing him go but I think we are good otherwise. He will have a fantastic career and be a star but we wont miss him IMO.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Sounds like we are angling for a high fee, which means no sell on or buy back. Maybe not the most prudent but given the complete surplus of CF talent throughout the club currently and our need for immediate cash, theres solid reasoning.

Not much we can do about Balogun, he wants games in the 1st team for us right now and that isn't feasible. TJJ hasn't got that yet and Eddie has worked very hard and scored at every level for over 2 years to get a shot at CF for us,.not to even mention Martinelli as the bonafide option. Its gonna be frustrating seeing him go but I think we are good otherwise. He will have a fantastic career and be a star but we wont miss him IMO.
I don't think we are in a position to lose both Balogun and Greenwood for a few million.
We will need to play a less senior team in domestic cups and EL group stage to give them enough chances, even 20 minutes could make a difference for them to feel like they're part of the team.
Looks like there won't be any academy players this year who are worth the chance, but Arteta should focus on Nelson and ESR instead of giving game time to Willian and Elneny in those games.

Think we are gonna regret this one, but only in 2-3 years. Hopefully, Martinelli will be a top striker by then so it doesn't hurt like with some other players

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Wonder why we let him enter his last year now.. would be an ideal situation with another 12 months to sort him a loan or a few first team apps to see how he copes. He's a talented wildcard.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't think we are in a position to lose both Balogun and Greenwood for a few million.
We will need to play a less senior team in domestic cups and EL group stage to give them enough chances, even 20 minutes could make a difference for them to feel like they're part of the team.
Looks like there won't be any academy players this year who are worth the chance, but Arteta should focus on Nelson and ESR instead of giving game time to Willian and Elneny in those games.

Think we are gonna regret this one, but only in 2-3 years. Hopefully, Martinelli will be a top striker by then so it doesn't hurt like with some other players
Arteta seems to want to use more experience anyway so I don't think the EL teams are gonna be full of kids anyway - I'm already assuming that no U23s will be making the big step up. With Balogun and Greenwood, I still don't think we're gonna risk too much long term by losing them - the U23 team is missing a #9 but that's about it. TJJ could stay and be in that competition but it's probably just gonna be Lacazette and Nketiah rotating all season. I think we'll be seeing Nelson and ESR where possible though, depending on if they stay.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wonder why we let him enter his last year now.. would be an ideal situation with another 12 months to sort him a loan or a few first team apps to see how he copes. He's a talented wildcard.
He got the standard 2 year deal every scholar gets. Only Azeez got more because he's the golden goose of his intake.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'd be upset if we didn't have Martinelli.

I don't know, just feel like I've got too many scars of old talents I've put hope in - that big injury clouds my excitement for the moment, because I'm too anxious our injury curse will reappear, destroying that potential.

Hopefully it all turns out well this time around

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I don't know, just feel like I've got too many scars of old talents I've put hope in - that big injury clouds my excitement for the moment, because I'm too anxious our injury curse will reappear, destroying that potential.

Hopefully it all turns out well this time around

Think his body is young enough to recover well. Plus, young players often break down in their mid twenties due to being overplayed. Young Martinelli can't play too much at a young age if injured. Weird logic but his injury could be a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom