• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager '16

• Thread starter Enoch
  • Start date
  • Replies 160
  • Views 29,560

GabeGooner

Milan are a catastrophe.

Dross on loan, to and from the club, dross on the bench, dross on the field.

Have gone hyper with the transfers, have brought in:

Vallejo
Mammana
Hysaj
Cataldi
Stark
Valzania
Castellano
Ajer
Tariq
Ould-Chikh
Sisto

Joining in approximately two seasons:

Luka Jovic
Jhon Arango
Sergio Diaz

Signed 14 players, have promoted Matsour, Calabria, Llamas from the youth teams.

Have introduced 17 players to the first team set up.

At the same time I've gotten rid of Pazzini, Muntari, Zapata, Mexes, Paletta, Abate, Honda.

Also, does anybody know if it's possible to sell a player even though they only just joined in real life? I would love to sell Alex, Suso and Jeremy Menez.

It worked for Paletta to Lazio but that was a loan with option to buy later.
You can move them on as part of another deal, but you have to transfer list them first, and you need to convince them to leave. It may also be beneficial to have too many players in their position, but I can't confirm that.

GabeGooner

Does anyone know this site guys? I would be happy to jusst have the updated transfers/managers etc on my fm15 rather than buy the new game. I remember doing in on the editor once before but it took me about 5 hours all in!
The new update is out, but the site I think em9999 is talking about is www.sortitoutsi.net – the data update link is on the front page.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I hate how a player doesnt start for 2 games so they complain.

E

Enoch

This game is prophetic, every save I've had since FM '13 has come to fruition. Every save Leicester won the league, United and Chavs had downs similar to now, and Tots finishing second, though they finished behind us when that happened, but nonetheless, all hail Sports Interactive!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has anyone actually had any luck in getting Messi/Ronaldo to perform outside of Barca/Real. Whenever I managed to buy them they always way underperform.

The Ipad version is lot easier, as long as you buy one or two decent players the league seems pretty much guaranteed. Cavani, Alexis and Özil are absolutely incredible.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else get this error that says "game is already running."

And it doesn't show up on task manager.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else get this error that says "game is already running."

And it doesn't show up on task manager.
IT-Crowd.jpg

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What's your team like?

6cb0004bde.jpg

In 2021, team is mostly regens at this point:

266e9cddc4.png

1883907e7a.png

My wingers. Game tends to generate more classic wingers, but I converted them into very capable inside forwards.

c4c9b177ff.png

My CF. One of the best early-game transfers in the game, he's an absolute beast. Basically a flawless forward, can play pretty much any role up top.

646aab2778.png

My AM/Second Striker. He's basically Thomas Müller with Walcott's pace :lol: Not that impressive technically but his mental and physical stats are insane. It's rare that you get that combination I find.

92d54b86a9.png

The heartbeat of the team. On his way to being the greatest African footballer of all time, controls the midfield from deep and gets into the box for goals equally well.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
6cb0004bde.jpg

In 2021, team is mostly regens at this point:

266e9cddc4.png

1883907e7a.png

My wingers. Game tends to generate more classic wingers, but I converted them into very capable inside forwards.

c4c9b177ff.png

My CF. One of the best early-game transfers in the game, he's an absolute beast. Basically a flawless forward, can play pretty much any role up top.

646aab2778.png

My AM/Second Striker. He's basically Thomas Müller with Walcott's pace :lol: Not that impressive technically but his mental and physical stats are insane. It's rare that you get that combination I find.

92d54b86a9.png

The heartbeat of the team. On his way to being the greatest African footballer of all time, controls the midfield from deep and gets into the box for goals equally well.
Nice!

I assume or rather I hope you play possession based football going from the match stats otherwise poor poor 'Soton, not a single shot... :lol:

And oh yeah, Henrique is the guy to get right off the bat, it's great because as long as you can cough up a decent sum for the transfer he tends to sign for practically whatever club and Alisson is the keeper to get I've found out, another young Brazilian.

I'm not too happy about how the regens turn out in this newest version (and 15) personally, for example finding a high potential ability keeper seems almost impossible as the game goes on, it tends to turn out into all out war to pick up the few decent keepers there are, had to pay around €90 mill for a 4 star keeper in one of my games that went to 2030 since you could count all the top keepers on one hand, also find that certain player roles just seem to go extinct which is weird and a little annoying.

But I love to play with regens, finding some kid in... Croatia and being part of shaping him into a football monster, it's almost too enjoyable! :D

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Nice!

I assume or rather I hope you play possession based football going from the match stats otherwise poor poor 'Soton, not a single shot... :lol:

And oh yeah, Henrique is the guy to get right off the bat, it's great because as long as you can cough up a decent sum for the transfer he tends to sign for practically whatever club and Alisson is the keeper to get I've found out, another young Brazilian.

I'm not too happy about how the regens turn out in this newest version (and 15) personally, for example finding a high potential ability keeper seems almost impossible as the game goes on, it tends to turn out into all out war to pick up the few decent keepers there are, had to pay around €90 mill for a 4 star keeper in one of my games that went to 2030 since you could count all the top keepers on one hand, also find that certain player roles just seem to go extinct which is weird and a little annoying.

But I love to play with regens, finding some kid in... Croatia and being part of shaping him into a football monster, it's almost too enjoyable! :D

Yup, watching regens improve and fitting them into your tactic is the most enjoyable thing in the game for me :p

This is my keeper. Picked him up for £15m two seasons ago as a prospect. Not some greatest of all time material but a very capable top club keeper already:

216661c03b.png

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
0a1b6cbacc.jpg

:lol:

Arsenal are in shambles since Wenger retired. Klopp took over after getting fired from Liverpool in 2016 ( :lol: ), got fired two years later and now Allegri ( :lol::lol: ) is the manager. All of them seemingly continued Wenger's austerity transfer policy.

ebcd3a6e1f.jpg

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I keep an eye on them regardless if I play Arsenal and it drives me nuts.

The one I'm playing now I'm PSG boss, I've purposely given Arsenal a easy time with selling them some of my players for somewhat less than what I'd like, just to see if it'd help, I sold them star players Ruben Neves, Goncalo Guedes and William Carvalho, they still have Özil and Alexis, they've got Cavani and Saúl; they are the richest club in the world, they've got Luis Enrique as manager, hands down probably the best squad in the entire god damn league and they have the nerve to finish 6th at 71 points!

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

It's my biggest problem with the game. The squad building capability for the AI is seriously lackluster, and eventually you just start dominating everything because you snap up all the promising youngsters and build a elite team. The AI tends to hold on to their best players until they retire and/or get a massive offer randomly.

I think one of the big things that hold the game back (but also makes it fun, sadly) is the idea of raw attributes being viewable. You inevitably end up stacking your team with the best players because the AI tends to focus more on player reputation etc. rather than the attributes of the player when making purchases, which is the complete opposite of what a player does.

I reckon they should make attributes completely hidden until you actually buy the player and see him in training for a while. Until then you should have to rely completely on the scout's feedback (expand it), and the scout should give you a more in-depth report of the strengths and weaknesses of the player.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I reckon they should make attributes completely hidden until you actually buy the player and see him in training for a while. Until then you should have to rely completely on the scout's feedback (expand it), and the scout should give you a more in-depth report of the strengths and weaknesses of the player.

They've taken a few steps towards this but unlikely they'll go the full way.

From a commercial perspective they probably won't make the game too difficult. I remember when there was an uproar when they expanded the tactical layout and improved the AI. They were forced into making FM Classic Mode as many weren't happy with the difficulty of those features alone.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom