• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

entropy13

Established Member
True Gooner said:
How important is it to play someone in their natural position? I mean, Walcotts natural position is AM R (Right attacking mid) but I play him as right midfielder. Does it affect his stats? or is the other way around?

It has minimal effect because it is in the "accomplished" position, especially if you put farrows to the AM R position too.

Training has more to do with his "natural" position and changing his stats. Training him as a winger will develop him more and easier too. Develop him as a midfielder (equally defensive and offensive training, aerobic and strength training equal too) will make it a bit hard for him.

King Puck Paddy

Rocafella said:
Finally managed to get started on this game the other day and have been playing it non-stop. Started off as Parma in Serie B and after an inconsistent season loitering around mid table I finished strongly and managed to nick 3rd spot on the last day of the season. That turned out to be crucial as in my play-off, after both legs the score was tied so I went through to the final due to my higher league place. Yet again, the final play off legs ended in a tie and I won promotion on finishing 3rd so i'm chuffed.

I'm seven games away from the end of my second season with Parma,currently 10th in Serie A but safe from relegation.Won Serie B the first time of asking by finishing 1 point ahead of Brescia,things are slightly tougher when you hit the top flight though.Paloschi turns out to be an absolute monster,got him for 400k from Milan at the start,now I get offers of 20million plus for him :)

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Vela is immense in this game, ive just finished the 2nd season and his stats are unreal and he's banged in 20 goals from just Carling cup/Fa cup and the odd start at the end of the season. H won the English young player of the Year award, and the only bad side is he naturally had to get a better contract and im giving serious thought to the possibly of letting go of Van Persie (and almost certainly Bendtner) and having Vela/Ade/Eduardo as my main strikers. He's certainly a starter next season and id not be suprised if he didnt have atleast 30 goals next year.

The main aim now is to replace the squad players with better players to make Arsenal the #1 powerhouse in football.

True Gooner

Established Member
I've finished my first season -

won the league cup 2-1 vs City and the league by 11 points.

Lost in the first round of the CL to Spartak Moscow on away goals and lost in the 6th round of the FA thanks to a Frank Lumphard strike from 30 yards 10 minutes from penalties.

I have to get a better goalkeeper, but Lloris and Mandana ask for incredibly high wages - has Ochoa been good for you Stu? His stats look about the same as Almunia's and hes not very tall.

And I'm signing Mario Balotelli - my scouts recommend him every other game, but I'll probably have to ship Eduardo or Bendtner out to make room.

DREVAK

Established Member
I'm fairly sure neither the player's height or weight are of any consequence to the game and its match engine. Only the attributes are.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
True Gooner said:
I have to get a better goalkeeper, but Lloris and Mandana ask for incredibly high wages - has Ochoa been good for you Stu? His stats look about the same as Almunia's and hes not very tall.

And I'm signing Mario Balotelli - my scouts recommend him every other game, but I'll probably have to ship Eduardo or Bendtner out to make room.

He's been incredible for me mate, his stats wasnt great for me either when you compare to other 4/5* 'keepers(have improved a bit), but if you get a good scout to look at him, they will tell you he is much better then Almunia, which he is for me. Funnily enough, it was Pat Rice that recommended him! Im not going to promise anything, but for £10mil he's been a bargin and his wages should be around £30-35k p/w. Ive got Asenjo waiting in the wings, but hes going to Fulham on loan (they promised as a 1st teamer, if hes not il recall him) to help his development. The other goalie worth looking at is René Adler of Leverkusen, but he's a lot more expensive (around £20mil) and (i think) Juan Pablo Carrizo of Lazio, who will demand a move if you unsettle him enough :mrgreen: . I tried for both before getting Ochoa, mainly because he was cheapest option (was trying for Micah Richards at the time)

Ive agreed terms with Ignacio Camacho (£15mil total) but delaying it till Denilson agrees terms with Valencia on a £17mil switch. Just looking for a Left AM to replace Rosicky with, but cant find the perfect buy, any recommendations?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Marko Marin, Marquinhos, Buoananotte(sp), Di Maria.

I think this 4 will be superb for you stu. Scout and see first :)

Muharraqawi

Just finished my first season at Arsenal.

Managed to win the Champions League on penalties after a 1-1 draw against Utd.

Finished 2nd two points off Utd in the EPL and I really couldv'e won it but I kept resting players for the CL.

Played the kids in the CC and got knocked out by Pompey in the 4th round.

Lost 3-2 to Villa in the Fa Cup 6th round but I really wasn't interested in the Fa Cup so I rested some of my key players in that match.

Satisfied with my results considering that I didn't buy or sell any players(trying to keep it real :mrgreen: ).

Song, yes Song :D was my best player, scored 10 goals for me and most of them were from long shots.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Just coming to the end of my first season. Hasn't been very good cup-wise. Got Kiev in the CL qualifying round at the start of the season. Drew the first leg 0-0 at home and the 2nd leg was 0-0 for 90 minutes, then they got a corner in injury time. So that was me out. Got through the group stage in the UEFA Cup but lost in the first knockout round.

Carling Cup I got to the semi final but lost to Man City. FA Cup I lost at home to Sp**s in the 4th round! :(

Was in a battle for 4th for most of the season until I went out of the cups then only had 1 game a week to worry about. Since then results have picked up and I've beaten each of Chelsea, United and Liverpool away and got myself into 3rd with 2 games to go. 9 points behind Chelsea who lead but Man City are 7 points behind in 2nd with 3 games in hand. United are 3 points behind me and Liverpool another 2 further back. So my away win over Liverpool in the last game looks to have secured top 4 for me with them to miss out, so long as disaster doesn't strike in my last 2 games against Sunderland and Wigan.

As for signings, Akinfeev has been incredible in goal, although of course much more expensive than some of the others you guys have been talking about. I've conceded the 2nd or 3rd least goals in the league I think but the problems have been up the other end where my goals scored are similar to teams in the lower half of the table. Signed Huntelaar before the season but he's been terrible. Only mustered a couple of goals in the Carling Cup all season and he's requested a transfer so now I've got Eduardo back I'll try and get my money back from him. Managed to flog Toure for 15m to Newcastle in January and signed Chiellini for that money plus some instalments and he's been class. Noticed Van der Vaart was transfer listed in January so picked him up for 6m and he's added a bit of creativity in the last couple of months.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
My board always get seriously peeved when i loose to Sp**s (happened once in the Carling Cup quarters), despite it was a 1 off and id beaten them by large margins for the last 7/8 match's. My board are really upset i lost wo WBA in the league (after i'd won the league and played a 2nd string/youth team), they dont seem to "get it".

I looked at Chiellini before, but my scouts didnt think he was as good as what i have. And why does everyone sell Toure? hes excellent and when partnered with Richards ive got a VERY fast defence and can afford to play higher lines without too much dangers. Its risky, maybe, but the rewards are all the sweeter :D

Invisibleman, i notice Newcastle bought Toure from you, they seem to be Arsenal of the north in my game, if i put a player for sale, they're the buyers and always bidding on my youngsters!! Its like what they did with Ipswich in the late 90s. Liverpool seems to be the same in my game, cant break the top 4 anymore.

invisibleman18

Established Member
I lost at home to Sp**s twice! Both in the league and the FA Cup. But I beat them away twice - in the league and the Carling Cup. The latter being when Huntelaar managed to find the net.

I tried to get Richards before the season but no matter what money I offered they wouldn't sell so I gave up on him as I didn't want to blow my whole budget on 1 player. I went with Djourou early on as Toure got injured and he was playing brilliantly so I couldn't drop him. Offers kept coming in for Toure so I decided to see what money I could get in January and Newcastle came in with 15m (the big guns - Chelsea, United, Real etc wouldn't go above 12m).

Anyway managed to finish 3rd. Chelsea won the league as City blew their games in hand and finished 2nd. United 4th, Sp**s 5th and Liverpool 6th. Finished with the least goals conceded (26 or thereabouts I think) so I'm pretty sorted in goal and defence. But I was 9th on goals scored so the problems are definitely in the creative/scoring side.

True Gooner

Established Member
Gooner_Stu said:
Ive agreed terms with Ignacio Camacho (£15mil total) but delaying it till Denilson agrees terms with Valencia on a £17mil switch. Just looking for a Left AM to replace Rosicky with, but cant find the perfect buy, any recommendations?

Andres Guardado or David Silva? I was planning to sell Rosicky too, but he returned with 7 goals in 17 apps, plus I'm grooming Merida to take up the LM role eventually.

Arsenal have an extremely overrated defence imo, I finished with the least goals conceeded as well (level with Chelsea at 19) Still sticking with Toure and Gallas but I have Sakho and Djourou as their understudies.
Oh, and Lloris was unhappy at Lyon so I signed him for 14 mill. :mrgreen:

I don't understand why some players stats fall rapidly though, I don't think theres anything wrong with my training because other players following the training are doing fairly well.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
I tried to get Richards before the season but no matter what money I offered they wouldn't sell so I gave up on him as I didn't want to blow my whole budget on 1 player.

I know, hes going to cost around £27mil total for him, but its really worth it for my team since he slots right in and is perfect as Willy G's replacement. Plus i wanted some English players in my squad :wink:

As for stats dropping, Bendtners stats go up and down like a yoyo, as does Nasri, im not sure its lack of match's cos Nasri is a first 11 player although Bendy isnt (excluding reserve matches). I got Marquinhos (subject to work permit) for left cover, so il see if i can ship Rosicky off.

invisibleman18

Established Member
I also want some English but couldn't meet the valuation for Richards and I think I even went as high as 30m in total including instalments. He's only going to cost more now I suppose but I'd still like to try and eventually have him as a replacement for Gallas. Perhaps some sort of swap deal might work. Maybe they'd like Huntelaar....

nazo

Established Member
I just can't into this game for some reason. I start a season one night and don't touch it for another month or so. It's just not that interesting anymore especially with the lame loading that happens before each match (and i thought i had a good pc).

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
bluenaz said:
I just can't into this game for some reason. I start a season one night and don't touch it for another month or so. It's just not that interesting anymore especially with the lame loading that happens before each match (and i thought i had a good pc).

I used to get big loadtimes for the games, but with the recent patch theres little, if any, load time (couple of seconds at most). Had you got the newest patch???

nazo

Established Member
Nope i haven't touched it in a long time. I'll check it out, thanks for letting me know

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Only got this game on Wednesday, but I must say I'm very impressed by it already. Although I've already got fed up with the ****e 3d view. Back to classic 2d for me.

OOnly 10 games into my first season (with Villa obviously;)) but sitting 4th in the league. Only Chelsea Arsenal and the toon above me. Managed to beat United 3-0 at Old Trafford too. Fans aren't happy though, mostly because I'm unproven, but also because I was knocked out of the Carling Cup and Intertoto (i rested everyone)

Good game though. Spent my small budget on some youngsters (villa's budget is small because of how many players we'd already signed in the summer).

One thing that's annoyed me. City bid for Barry (30 million!!) and I accepted. The deal fell through because City moved on to other targets, but now Barrry is pissed off with me and playing completely ****. It's not my fault!

Also, Carew is ace in this. He got 7 goals in his first 3 league games for me. And is now on 11 goals after 10 games!

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom