• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
agree with Clrnc, you wont find a better LB even with £43 mil to spend. Hes seriously good.

Emm, something strange happened with my team, or atleast Robin Van Persie and Sebastian Giovinco. Something happened between the 2 of them, an argument/fight of sorts. As as result they both dislike each other, but the whole bloody thing came out 2 days before the start of the season IN PUBLIC!. Im going to play it towards January and see how they get on, if needed il ship out one of them to keep the harmony, both have their places under threat and it will be interesting to see how they come along.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Traore is a good cover for you, but hes on loan the 1st season, but is more then capable for the 2nd season onwards.

Id suggest getting some scouts out to Spain with Potential Ability stats or 18 or more and excellent knowledge of the area to look for regens. Remembering the Spanish laws on youth players and how easy they are to sign. Ive snapped up some 4/5* potentials from the spanish clubs for nothing/really cheap after the 1st season ended.

3 seasons on and ive culled alot of the reserves. Crusie, Lansbury, Gilbert, Murphy, Sunu, Fabianski, Randell all didnt make the cut and sold for some decent cash with Barazite to follow soon. Replacing them with all youth signings and those promoted from the U18's.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Brazil is the best place for Regens.

Germany, Italy, France, Spain are the other places I got alot of good regens. But surprisingly, the best few regens came from England

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Tip guys, apparently there is a bug where teams release amazing youngsters at the end of the first season.

If you ignore him for the whole season, i.e. don't bid or enquire for him, Barcelona release Bojan at the end of the first season. Same with Mazzole who is apparently very handy.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

In my game, clubs apparently release them, but when you click on them, they are still with the clubs

invisibleman18

Established Member
Man City released Daniel Sturridge after my first season so I decided he was worth a punt for a free and on a pretty small wage. Give him some cup games this season and see what happens.

Gooner_Stu said:
Id suggest getting some scouts out to Spain with Potential Ability stats or 18 or more and excellent knowledge of the area to look for regens. Remembering the Spanish laws on youth players and how easy they are to sign. Ive snapped up some 4/5* potentials from the spanish clubs for nothing/really cheap after the 1st season ended.

You could also download 'FM Genie Scout' and see who is going to become good. Probably cheating though. :lol:
It's good for seeing which of your own youngsters are going to be good and which you may aswell offload. Of those your released, Lansbury and Sunu should eventually be decent players.

arsmile

Established Member
i'm in 2015 with arsenal...just sold aguero, messi, and bojan for 220 million in one summer after getting them all at their release clause prices, made over 100million in profit and asked the youngsters to step up...and they have, going swimmingly and i've got a mental cash reserve.

i keep making money by scouring good youngsters for nothing, and then selling them for a coupel of million after they prove themselves after a season on loan somewhere but arent quite good enough for me, big rotation of players sitting in the reserves for a coupel of seasons before shippign them out, but you make money...spanish youngsters are a good call for gettign cheap quality players.

Also, it's worth checking the south american teams for 18/19 year olds who you can get cheap, and always check teams that do not play in big leagues or major countries- because they will accept much much less money if they happen to have a great young player.

edit: also, always sell a 31/32 year old players- that is the age when resale value is worth more to you than the 2 years of good football you'll get out of them....

DREVAK

Established Member
It's 2010, Arsenal have won their second Premier League title in a row and brave Ipswich have secured a solid midtable position in eleventh place. With only goal difference the, uh, difference between that and ninth spot actually. Pretty good for my first season in the top flight, but to tell the truth I have done better with Ipswich in previous FM games.

Still, it was more than enough to make everyone extra happy and it's not like I was sad either! Though it was a strange campaign to be honest. Often I would concede first against weaker opposition and work hard to salvage a draw, but almost as often I would get a valuable point against top opposition, in fact getting a smash and grab win once or twice.

I then got rid of the remaining few old or useless players, or their contracts simply ran out, and proceeded to strengthen the squad further. Not an easy task given a limited transfer budget of around seven million pounds. Then there is the fact that some of the old guys were pretty useful, with one or two being key players in the team.

So after signing the mandatory promising youngster or two (or eight) and failing to pull off a few brilliant transfers that would see top players join Ipswich for low bucks, I signed a few transfer listed or out of contract names like ex-AC Milan goalkeeper Kalac, Craig Beattie or Tottenham's centre back Rocha. Useful and cheap cover for the win!

I did sign a good and somewhat expensive player, one Uwa Echiejile, a left back from Rennais. I have got decent strikers, though one more to add depth wouldn't hurt. I'm packed in midfield – at least in quantity if not quality. But the back four lacked both so I spent most of the money there. Barring a financial miracle that's it for transfers this summer.

And to be perfectly honest I just wonder whether it will be enough! I don't expect relegation but I fear that the team is in transition. Last season the older players were there either in important roles or to provide cover, this year they aren't there anymore and although the younger ones are a bit better they still aren't at their best. It's going to be interesting.

Oh and I almost forgot. No points for guessing whose season starts with Arsenal (A), Manchester City (A) and Chelsea (H)!

Original_AAA

So I finally sprung into action and bought this game. After installing and updating I got going. For my first team I have selected AFC Wimbledon, with the dream to restore the glory of the real Wimbledon. I have just started the season, but so far have 4 victories and 2 draws in all competitions and currently lie 4th in the table. My biggest concern is that I don't score many goals, so far I have an average of 1,5 per game. Luckly I have only let in 0,5 per game so it's not a big problem, but if anyone know of a good lower league striker feel free to share. :)

Original_AAA

So my AFC Wimbledon are now in halfway through the season and things are going more or less according to plan. Let me start with the cups. In the FA Cup I manage to advance to the first round after beating 3 non league side. However Lady Fortuna did not want me to progress any further and gives me an away match to Exter, at the time seconded placed in League two. A 3-0 loss puts me out of the FA Cup.

In the FA Thropy cup, I win the first two rounds against team in my own division. However, once again I am rewarded with a tough opponent, Oxford away. Despite a very good match we lose 2-1.

Things are however looking good in the league. I am currently second placed, a point behind leaders Bath City and two points ahead of Welling United. We are now undefeated in seven games in a row, due mainly to my very solid defence. It has also helped that I landed a Brazilian forward with good pace and finishing and that I have reverted into a very offensive 4-4-2. I now let in 0,6 goals per game while scoring 1,6 so I'm closer to a good statistic.

The main problems now however is that I have to many useless players in my squad that is just draining my finances and the lack of reinforcements that would actually strengthen my squad. All I seem to find are players of equal or sligthly less skill then those I already have.

However I remain hopeful of promotion this season and believe I should be able to reinforce my team quite severly before my first season in Blue Square Premier.

DREVAK

Established Member
It's Sunday, November 21, 2009. And Ipswich have just agreed terms with an attacking midfielder to join the Tractor Boys in January. He's an aging fellow, set to feature on the bench more often than not. Still a pretty good player I must say. Had a decent history, too, from what I can tell. A funny name too. Guti.

Roughly a third of the league behind me now and Ipswich find themselves in tenth place. Got some decent results too, like an away draw against Manchester United. The last season frustration is still there though, with the latest result being an inexplicable and inexcusable 1 – 1 home draw against a very, very poor Fulham.

I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the development of my first team young players. On the other hand I'm still a bit thin in terms of squad depth – or should I say shallow since it's depth we are talking about? Uh... – since the second string of young but promising players isn't growing as well as I was hoping for.

Overall a solid start to the season, no nasty surprises so far, and no really high points either. As the points stolen from top teams were offset by points dropped against beatable opposition. I guess the Guti transfer was a minor coup. But he will tutor the youngsters first and foremost and isn't in my first team plans... yet!

gunnerGH

Established Member
DREVAK said:
It's Sunday, November 21, 2009. And Ipswich have just agreed terms with an attacking midfielder to join the Tractor Boys in January. He's an aging fellow, set to feature on the bench more often than not. Still a pretty good player I must say. Had a decent history, too, from what I can tell. A funny name too. Guti.

He played for Real Madrid mate. :wink:

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Gotta love the International games, RvP, Eduardo come back with injuries which look really great along side Vela's. So Ade is my 1 out & out striker, so im pairing him with Walcott with Saivet as my sub. Vela should be back within a few days so its shouldnt be too much of an issue.

In other news.... Sp**s in 2nd in the league!?! and we're nearing Christmas.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s was top in my league nearing Xmas this season. I overtook them in february when i won all my games in hand. now they are third

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom